How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 05-18-2001, 02:08 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to svxboy
ECU questions

In the tranny, duty solenoid A is for line pressure and C is for Torque split, right? but what is duty solenoid B for? Possibly overdrive engagement? I want to install a switch on Solenoid C to allow full 50/50 torque split of the tranny. What are your thoughts. I also want to play around with the Tach signal that goes to the tranny. I want to monitor voltages in this wire that lead from the ECU to the TCU. If the correct resistor was installed, the TCU would essentially think the car is at a lower RPM, possibly causing the tranny to shift at a higher RPM. I am shooting for 7k instead of the 6.5k now. This should allow more power and less drop in power between shifts. I know the engine can take it, test versions have been revved to 9k for long periods of time with no damage. Lastly, I want to monitor the signal in the Engine Torque Control wire that leads between the ECU and TCU. I believe this is the signal that bogs our cars down at the lower rpms (take off speeds). If this was removed, our cars have the possibility to be much faster off the line. I know drivetrain wear would be an issue, but it would be nice to see what power this car has with all its electrical restrictors removed. Any advice or commets would be appreciated. I think I'll start messing with the ECU and TCU tommorrow night. Later, Greg
92 Teal SVX LS, Superwhite headlamps and front turn signals, Premier DEX-P1R Deck, A/D/S P850 and Earthquake 200DHC amps, PG Bass Cube, 3-10 in. Diamond Audio subs, A/D/S 346is front components, and Vifa rear 6x9's. B&M tranny cooler and temp. gauge. Flowmaster custom dual exhaust, Tenzo-R conical intake filter, JC Sports torque chip, and a Mid-Height wing for an Integra that fits perfectly and stands 6.5 in. tall. ART front and rear cryo/slotted rotors, SS brake lines and EBC "Green Stuff" pads. My email address= fastestsvx@yahoo.com
Old 05-18-2001, 02:43 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to svxboy
ECU

It would be nice to make a combination switch, used for racing, that with one push it would lock the car into a 50/50 torque split, engage a resistor on the tach for higher rpm shifts, disconnect the drop resistor on duty solenoid A for full line pressure and firmer shifts, and lastly it would disengage the engine torque control signal to the TCU. These all together should provide noticable increases of speed to the SVX especially for racing and drag strip purposes. Greg
92 Teal SVX LS, Superwhite headlamps and front turn signals, Premier DEX-P1R Deck, A/D/S P850 and Earthquake 200DHC amps, PG Bass Cube, 3-10 in. Diamond Audio subs, A/D/S 346is front components, and Vifa rear 6x9's. B&M tranny cooler and temp. gauge. Flowmaster custom dual exhaust, Tenzo-R conical intake filter, JC Sports torque chip, and a Mid-Height wing for an Integra that fits perfectly and stands 6.5 in. tall. ART front and rear cryo/slotted rotors, SS brake lines and EBC "Green Stuff" pads. My email address= fastestsvx@yahoo.com

Last edited by svxboy; 05-18-2001 at 04:30 AM.
Old 05-18-2001, 09:46 AM
The Road Less Traveled

Duty solenoid A controls the line pressure, but really only affects the quality of the shift, it has no bearing on when the car upshifts.

Duty solenoid C controls the torque split, but why would you want to lock it in 50/50? If it detects split, it'll change it automatically. Think about it, when have you seen the SVX squeal tires from launch?

Downside to the 50/50 split is the SEVERE binding on turns. I've been there, believe me, you don't want it. You can feel it binding even on a small 90 degree turn.

Plus, the 50/50 split will upset the handling of the car around corners. When my solenoid C went, I had snow on the ground, and I was constantly getting oversteer. When the solenoid C is working, I can do 4 wheel drifts on snow all day long. Much more fun, much more controllable.

My 3 cents worth.

VK
Old 05-29-2001, 02:57 AM

Question CHeat codes WRX and SVX???

Hello
I heard someone mention about squealing tires in an SVX.
Well for one most of the time SVX doesn't DO THAT.
However a good Suby meachanic told there were some CHEAT codes for the NEW WRX's.. Someway, somehow these codes were entered with a select monitor and it Unleashed A great Deal of POWER. Power thought to be lost.. Now this is second hand info, and I have not verified it exactly.

THe Rumor is there are only about a handFull of people who know this or anythinga bout it. But there are suppose to be some Cheat codes for the SVX. APpearantly one of the VIP at SOA checked a lot of the cars out before distribution to dealers.. Supposedly the SVX would burn all 4 tires on pavement from standstill. I don't know who this guy was, but he made the call to have some of that RAW power bumped down a bit through the ECU... TO only think if we could unleash what may be hidden..
now before I get jumped on by every Tech out there. I know it sounds crazy. If not impossible crazy.
SOunded crazy to me... BUt Makes ya go hmm. If there are some cheats codes for the WRX, It's possible then there are some Cheat codes for the SVX.. WHich are probably burried with the HOly grail. From what this meachanic said it was guarded info.

THe flip side, having an SVX burn all 4's, I sure this woudl stress our poor Tranny's to an even SHorter lifespan.
MY info came from a 25 Year Suby Shop.

SO if anyone else has heard anything similar I would be interested in hearing this. As would anyone else..

GOta admitt it was a by most a neat rumor...........
SVX1999

by the way, I think he said the power increase for the WRX was like 70hps from stock. I'll ask him about it next time I see him.

Gee wouldn't it be nice to get a 70 hp increase on the SVX just by entering in a code yada yada yada nice dream huh.