Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northwest Region

Old 04-21-2006, 04:37 PM

Wanted to say sorry for missing the BBQ

I wanted to let everone know that I am sorry for missing the BBQ but some family health issues came up and I needed to be there for them. I hope everyone had a wonderful time and also hope I have my two new modifications installed by the time the cruze come around. I just got done ordering the stage 1 ECU upgrade from ECUTUNE and also found a complete NX wet nitrous kit which I will be picking up on Monday. I am now officially an SVX addict!!! Oh well, I guess I could be addicted to worse.

Also, I know a lot of you are not only SVX fans but Subaru XT fans as well. On craigslistseattle.org there is an 86 XT Turbo for sale right now for $550 obo. I went and checked it out and decided that I wanted to start modifying my SVX instead of picking up another car. From what I saw on the car there is only one very small rust spot up by the sun roof, the body was very straight and clean, the motor ran well, the manual tranny shifted very smooth, the turbo had some kick but the boost did need to be raised a bit just to get a bit more "fun" out of the car. If I remember correctly it also had an option of swapping between AWD and FWD or RWD which I though was a very nice feature. There was one problem with the car that I the gentalmen had disclosed to me. It seems that the main engine fuse, *If I remember correctly*, keeps breaking. This hints at a short somewhere which could be a b!tch to track down but I am not a wiring guru so it may be easier for someone who knows what they are doing when it comes to wiring. Supprisingly, when I was doing research on the XT Turbo, it is a highly modifiable car that can handle up to 400+ horsepower on stock internals. Or it can be left stock and be a very nice crusing car on its air suspension and a nice stock turbo kick. If anyone is interested check it out on craigslist Seattle or contact me and I will give you the guys info.

I hope everyone had a great time at the BBQ and relize that I am extreemly jelous that I could not be there in person. I wish everyone well and hope to hear from you guys soon.

Dylan
Old 04-23-2006, 11:01 AM

XT turbo for 550 obo?

I cant find the XT post your talking about. Could you post a link to the one your talking about thanks. And I will forgive you for not making the BBQ.

1993 Ford Probe 30mpg 213k
1989 Subaru XT6 150k
All good and running
Old 04-24-2006, 03:02 PM

Xt

After seeing the car I am not too sure if I want to give up the info now. There are a couple things that are wrong with it but overall it seems to be a runner. But in all seriousness his advertisement timed out. I just put in an email to him asking for his number and once I get it I will pass it on to you. But then again, I really would like to pick up a turbo XT. Hummm, decisions decisons... But concidering that I have already spent all my money on the SVX mods the XT will have to wait until another day. I will pass the number to you ASAP.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:20 PM

Xt

Here is the link for Craigslist Seattle. Its the very first one on the list of XT's.
When you search just put in XT. This one is listed for 550 obo.

sale-153593223@craigslist.org

Let me know what you think.

Dylan