How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 11-11-2004, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by THAWA
That's awesome sonny. If FHI didn't change anything fuel wise from country to country your stock fuel injectors are different from the 96 injectors. I'm not sure the flow rates but I do believe the 92-94 injectors are closer in design if not the same as the 96 injectors and since I don't believe the 92-94 injectors have that much a different flow rate from 90-91 injectors they probably flow the same as the 96 injectors. I've got some questions for you though.

What is that piece on the head that the pisont is indented with?

Did everything wire alright?

What ECU are you using?

So you put the torque convertor on the engine first then slide that one the tranny? Have you tried it the other way? Which way is easier for you?

Whats a Trendy?

How would you feel about shipping some headlights to the US?

Glad to hear that the flowrates probably are close, maybe I'll try the '96 fuelrail later on

-Well, that piece or pieces are a part from the valve (I don't really know the right term) guide?, you know that part wich is installed in the head and guides the valve, like a bushing.
A piece of that part protruding into the intake was broken off and bounced a couple of thousands times on the valve, then probably jammed between the valve and the head, resulting a bent valve, then came into the cylinder part and the piston slammed it into the head! whatasound ... like somebody was banging with a hammer on the engine, I'll thought that a rod was broken or something like it.

-Everything wired alright because I used the whole inlet manifold complete with all electronics and wires, just leaving the temp sensor (wich had correct ohm) and a little thing close to that sensor, I don't know what it is, but it has two wires on the connector, and I also leaved the oil pressure sensor/switch.

-I also used the '90 ECU and everything else.

-Yes, I did that when I changed the 4EAT for some years ago, but this time my dad removed the engine and I forgot to tell him
But the assembly was just as easy as "the other" way

-Sorry about that Trendy thing, here in Sweden anyway, your "Justy" is called "Trendy" ....

-Maybe we can ship parts to eachother? I need a timingbelt to my SVX, and the price here is 170 Euro !!! thats about $240 !!!

/Sonny

-92 ebony black with 170k KM

*** -Stress is when you wake up screaming & you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet. ***
Old 11-11-2004, 07:48 PM
THAWA

**** that sounds decent, but I don't think it's going to be an even trade. I could probably get a timing belt for 70 plus shipping. How much are lights for 89-90 leg's over there?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: