Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 07-29-2003, 12:26 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Quote:
Originally posted by grnSVX96
You senior members are a real worry?!?!
My hubby is at work, so ive dialed into the internet and whats this
the finance page is gone!!! replaced with some subaru svx site... what have you done to my husband??? priorities sure have changed...no more breakfast in bed, no more taking the rubbish out etc.... just joking , he never did those things anyway, but a girl can always live in hope... But on a good note... GREAT site... great information base, great support, much appreciate the advice avaliable.... now, wonder if there are any wives out there who would like to start up a similar network ..say on SHOPPING!!!

BYE..
We've been rumbled!! For ages I have kept Cassie unawares of what goes on here by saying things like "Its only boring stuff like transmission operating temperatures and the precise length of the hex nut thread that was the subject of fourteen Subaru of America recalls and, ohh, even better, exchanging details on the ampage of..." - at this point, she rolls her eyes, mutters about neglecting her, spending all my time on the net and off to the doghouse I go.

That it is not like that, and is fun, has been discovered by our better halfs...woe is us!!

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 07-29-2003, 03:50 AM
ex SVX owner - still keen tho

Smile Oh Dear what Have I done !!!

Geses whilst I've been working hard earned money to pay for new wheels [because the old ones didn't work properly ??!...] the wiff's got a wiff of whats goin on ... ..are you sure all those lockers are full of pictures of cars, wheels, air filters, and stuff ...sure !!!

Anyway as you can gather the Sub sites been relegated back to the Favourites but is scrutinised by wife holding my other ear !!!

Sorry got to go now something about putting the rubbish out... ..but you know I have to walk past the car...to get to the rubbish..

David [ and loving wife Karen ]
Old 07-30-2003, 04:17 AM

Re: 000,000K's

David

I don't think that the fuel gauge error is unique to the SVroomX. We have encountered this in one of our Liberty's. I also had a simular problem in a Leonne Wagon which seemed to fix itself and ran true for an other 100,000 k's or so. I get a little un-nerved by things that fix themselves.

The worst that I've come across is the one in the Ford Falcon! This car is only 3 months old and quite often when driving the needle will drop down to empty and the bells will start ringing every few minutes. Frightend the thingys out of me first time it happened. After doing about 20 or 30 k's the gauge will then climb to full weather empty or not and then settle somewhere between the two. Personally I think that it can't make up it's mind as to weather it's a fuel or tempeture gauge.

On the subject of strange things and the car, my wife is sending me off to the eye doctor, she thinks my eyes keep drifting to the right, usually in the direction of the car. Have you developed a simular problem.

It was good to catch up with you yesterday, keep in touch.

Kenn

Last edited by KennEls; 07-30-2003 at 04:33 AM.
Old 07-30-2003, 04:46 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by grnSVX96
You senior members are a real worry?!?!
My hubby is at work, so ive dialed into the internet and whats this
the finance page is gone!!! replaced with some subaru svx site... what have you done to my husband??? priorities sure have changed...no more breakfast in bed, no more taking the rubbish out etc.... just joking , he never did those things anyway, but a girl can always live in hope... But on a good note... GREAT site... great information base, great support, much appreciate the advice avaliable.... now, wonder if there are any wives out there who would like to start up a similar network ..say on SHOPPING!!!

BYE..
Hey, wot's this??

We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities site, anyone, male or female, can spend hard earned cash on an SVX, and then log on here and cry with the rest of us as we flush the readies down the loo while keeping various tranny and bearing companies in s and in business.

But it is absolutely unethical to come on here masquerading in the persona of a male member. {Wait, maybe I'll rephrase that}

I mean, we could be answering innocent looking questions about how we managed to come home with a 140 mph car "for the shopping", or explain how to get expensive parts from Japan or the US on the "other" credit card, and drop some poor soul deep innit.

Karen, you will have to get your own identity.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Last edited by svxistentialist; 07-30-2003 at 05:09 AM.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:21 PM
ex SVX owner - still keen tho

Karen here,
Sorry boys,didnt mean to interfere with the guy thing, guess Ill just take my Chrysler voyager with its heated front seats , second row bucket seats and doors that open automaticaly { and the 4 screaming kids that come with it } and go back to shopping... just thought it would be nice to experience what you all talk about.... the comfort, the freedom on the road , feel the power when you put your foot down, touch and smell the leather.... but alas i get to look at the car, not even a whiff of leather, guess its back to dreaming... maybe Ill get my own SVX one day.... maybe yellow??? though red might be faster.....

damm caught on here again.... thats it... delegated kitchen duties indefinately.... guess this is good bye... nice knowing you....enjoy your cars... bye
Old 07-30-2003, 03:25 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
You are welcome on any time, Karen. Just joking.

Nice to have a feminine perspective on things.

Must admit, the SVX is a great car for driver and front passenger, but that's it. No luggage room, no shopping room, kids don't fancy the back for long journeys.

However, the sybaritic pleasure of a drive down fast roads, in any weather, climate control keeping things civilised, difficult to beat this car as a driving experience.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-30-2003, 05:55 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Quote:
Originally posted by svxistentialist

I mean, we could be answering innocent looking questions about how we managed to come home with a 140 mph car "for the shopping", or explain how to get expensive parts from Japan or the US on the "other" credit card, and drop some poor soul deep innit.

Joe
Brilliant!!!

I had to tell fibs about the ebay purchases that I made....

"oh, this ratty ol thing?? Err..about $10"

Then trying to shut people up: "OMG!!! A PRE-RELEASE MANUAL....I SAW THAT ON EBAY FOR $100 AND THEY WERE STILL BIDDING" - whack - "Oh, thats right, there were two...you got such a bargain James unlike that other person who spent over $100"

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 07-31-2003, 03:54 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Red face

See, James, I am just trying to save people a few red faces.

Hey, if you are used to thinking on your feet, you might like this one:

The Lettuce
A man walked into the produce section of his local supermarket and asked to buy half a head of lettuce.The boy working in that department told him that they only sold whole
heads of lettuce.

The man was insistent that the boy ask his manager about the matter. Walking into the back room, the boy said to his manager, "Some w*nker wants to buy a half a head of lettuce."

As he finished his sentence, he turned to find the man standing right behind him, so he added, "And this gentleman kindly offered to buy the other half."

The manager approved the deal and the man went on his way. Later the manager found the boy and said, "I was impressed with the way you got yourself out of that situation earlier. We like people who think on their feet here. Where are you from, son?" "Essex, sir," the boy replied.

"Well, why did you leave Essex," the manager asked. The boy said, "Sir, there's nothing but wh*res and football players there." "Really?" said the manager, "My wife's from Essex."

The boy replied, "No sh*t. Who does she play for?"

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: