Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2002, 11:48 PM

OT - Got off easy

Today, I was driving very recklessly as I was late for an appointment. I'm usually somewhat conservative on the road, but I hate being late for things. I tailgated someone who was driving pathetically slow, then whipped into the other lane as traffic was moving faster. Upon the lane change, I didn't signal and squeezed into a small space between two cars, cutting somebody off quite badly. I then looked into my rear view and sure enough... "Oops,” a cop who'd witnessed everything.

I pretty much new I'd had it. He flipped on his lights and pulled me over. I apologized. I then lied and said I didn't realize the car that I cut off was there. The officer was very polite. He asked me for my license and such. I handed him everything, including an expired insurance card. To my amazement, he let me off with both the improper lane change and the tailgating.

As I was looking for the current insurance card, he said, "don't try and find your card. I'll write you a ticket for driving without insurance that you can get dismissed." He wrote me the ticket and explained to me that I could get the ticket dismissed by showing current proof of insurance to the clerk at the local court house. Talk about getting off easy. I wasn't even wearing my seatbelt when stopped. And all I get is the inconvenience of having to find the current card and a small drive.

I think it was the County Sheriffs of Colorado stickers I had on the back right window. On them, they say "Honorary Member." Good thing he didn't realize they were a couple of years old.

I think I'm going to donate to this cause so I can get current stickers. If I can get away with crap like this, why not? It's a lot better than wasting money on a laser detector or jammer or whatever crap they're selling now. Most of that stuff is seldom sufficiently affective anyway. By donating money instead of blowing it on this crap, I'm actually doing something good and getting benefits of police leniency out of it as well. I'd recommend that aggressive drivers such as me do the same.