Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum

Old 07-18-2006, 05:07 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Silver Spear,

Stay Safe!!
We will pray that you and yours (including your svx) comes through this ordeal unharmed.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 07-18-2006, 10:16 AM
Which manual is "that" in??

Crazy war mongers.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 07-18-2006, 01:58 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir
From Danielle. :P I wonder if teh Lebanese can reed teh He-Brew
They would have to be the world's fastest speed readers.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-18-2006, 04:43 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

I'm glad to see the israeli bums who can't even buy their own bombs, planes, missles, tanks, guns, pay for their army are having a good old time trying to kill a friend of mine on my dime.

I wish the US government would give me a tank, then my neigbor would surely turn down his music at 11pm.

The blood is on OUR hands America! How can you expect a bunch of animals in a cage not to try to beat eachother up without incentives not to?

Oh and if you think that by giving money to Israel for guns will do that. Ever here of a freaking story that all the parties involve use in their services... David and Gollith? Its written in the scriptures that the underpowered will overcome.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:55 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
They would have to be the world's fastest speed readers.

Lee
assuming that the savages can even read.

<pauses>wait, there's a message on there...it reads.."Your F--BANG--!"</silence>
Old 07-18-2006, 04:55 PM

Hey guys were getting a little to excited here with religion and politics lets try and keep it clean the main point is to give danny support and possibly news that can help him! were not here to fight over this were supposed to be open minded and if we see something we don't like lets be smart and respond with an educated response this will keep us all happy!!

Hope everything is well danny!

hehe hows the car doing hopefully no scratches
Old 07-18-2006, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
I'm glad to see the israeli bums who can't even buy their own bombs, planes, missles, tanks, guns, pay for their army are having a good old time trying to kill a friend of mine on my dime.

I wish the US government would give me a tank, then my neigbor would surely turn down his music at 11pm.

The blood is on OUR hands America! How can you expect a bunch of animals in a cage not to try to beat eachother up without incentives not to?

Oh and if you think that by giving money to Israel for guns will do that. Ever here of a freaking story that all the parties involve use in their services... David and Gollith? Its written in the scriptures that the underpowered will overcome.
Hold on a minute Ben, those israeli bums can pay for all that stuff. They are using the Chinese Yuan to do it.

Golith was a big ole pile of silly putty to be bested by a midget with a rock. We need to carve sculptures of Golith out of marble. Admire the big bad bully, not the pansy feces hurler.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:45 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir
Hold on a minute Ben, those israeli bums can pay for all that stuff. They are using the Chinese Yuan to do it.

Golith was a big ole pile of silly putty to be bested by a midget with a rock. We need to carve sculptures of Golith out of marble. Admire the big bad bully, not the pansy feces hurler.
17 trillion in government support (85% military) since the foundation of Israel says differently. Just so you know that is more than has been given to all of South American and Africa over the same time period for all kinds of aid or loans. How much was offerred to Lebanon for cracking down on Hez? How much for the Palistinines to crack down on its bad element?
Old 07-18-2006, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
17 trillion in government support (85% military) since the foundation of Israel says differently. Just so you know that is more than has been given to all of South American and Africa over the same time period for all kinds of aid or loans. How much was offerred to Lebanon for cracking down on Hez? How much for the Palistinines to crack down on its bad element?
I would say, this much:

But you know the Israeli's are trading the weapons technology we gave them for chinese made silk shirts and yamaca's. You know it's the truth.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:04 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Palestine gets plenty of support as well as private contributions in the past, combine that with their untapped oil reserves along the Gaza coast and they have enough to kickstart their country several times over.

The problem is in the past Yasser Arafat imbezzled a good amount of it into more personal ventures such a vacation houses as well as his wife and now Hamas has been putting it into propaganda filled text books and weapons. Now one can argue that they also need it for the constant repair costs to their utilities due to IDF bombardment but if they didn't put as well as announce such much as their intentions in the following would this be happening so often?

Also the discounted military supplies Israel recieves from the US comes at a cost considered they can be wavered due to obviously GM giving more priority to our own army, read this. The US Department of Defense may bend back for Israel but they don't go 180.

Last edited by Weebitob; 07-18-2006 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:04 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svx_commuter
This is very interesting SilverSpear. I have a few thoughts I would like to share. I am feeling for you being so close to a war, may all go well for you.
Take care too,
John
Man, I am not intimidated by bombs anymore... as I am speaking right now (from work, 8:25am) a bomb fell 500 meters away from me, I am still sitting where I am and I will not move...
I was born and raised during the war, so as all Lebanese people. In each house there is at least 2 AK's in each house... if the Jews decide to come by land, they would be facing Gangsters Wars...

An important note I should mention: The US, Europe and all the world is requesting the destruction of Hizbullah. The latter cannot be terminated, because all Shiites are Hizbullah or Amal (they are worse than Hizbullah). For the Jews to destroy them, they should destroy 1.5 million muslim (men, women and kids) in Lebanon.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:29 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
Klingons... snicker... All hail the mighty Republican Zonar! Snicker, snicker. (Being ethnocentric, I of course immediately viewed our World's rep as being from the U.S.)

Disclaimer: This subject is not even close to funny. It's an extremely serious mess where innocents are dying, and that ain't funny.

I just had to snicker at that one single line.

On the serious note, and in reply to Dan.

Dan, a tank sitting on the border doesn't have much to do with the big picture. It's the free pass Israel received to enter your country with military weapons that's the losing part. World opinion would not allow it otherwise. They are leveling your country as carefully and as strategically as they can to keep world opinion at least even. Hizbollah needs to figure out a way to get these 2 pawns back to Israel while saving face. Those 2 soldiers need to "escape" from their captors.

And I believe Hizbollah realizes this now, but they don't know how to get themselves back out of the mess. They are probably calculating that if they do "escape", will Israel stop at this point? My personal opinion? No, they won't.

As much respect as Hizbollah may enjoy over there, they royally screwed up on this one, and the leadership will no doubt end up without a country. We hear what the leaders there in Lebanon are saying and they are just as mad at Hizbollah as they are with the Israelis. It will take them decades to get back on a trust footing with your government again. Hizbollah made a decision without the input of the people of Lebanon that had a direct and negative impact on your country. It doesn't matter how militarily great they are. They are now outlaws. They are the bad guys that drew first blood, and that is how the world is perceiving them.

They now need to re-assess, give back those two guys, and figure out how they are going to survive without ending up as Al-Qaeda II, sneaking from house to house. A prisoner exchange,,, with all respect... is out of the question, and was never a realistic scenario in the first place.
My dearest friend Rob ,

Hizbullah are not afraid to die. Their Muslim religion states that when a Moujahid is killed while fighting for a cause, this would be the most honorable death known to them and they will enjoy wealth and women in the afterlife... (crazy religion, but it is true). All Hizbullah soldiers are Kamikaze soldiers, they WANT TO DIE for a cause. They are not afraid and they don't think they scr*w up on anything.

Israel cannot fight such people, nor the US (well you are seeing everyday what is happening in Iraq, Hizbullah are worse!!! they turned to have HI TECH weapons!!)

The leaders in Lebanon are NOT against Hizbullah. They are seeing that the Israelis are bombing bridges, airports, ports, gas stations, SUPERMARKETS! , innocent Women and Children (250 so far), TRUCKs !!! they are MAD!!, they are asking for a cease fire to save what is left in the economy.

The only infrastructure they haven't bombed are the land phone lines, the GSM sector and the main Electricity factories (they did bomb one). The simple reason is that Hizbullah threatened to bomb Tel Aviv....

Believe me Rob, even though many are killed and lots of building are demolished, Israel cannot incurr any more loss (especially in Haifa where the chemical plants are semi destroyed, train station destroyed, buildings demolished, multi billion dollars contracts ruined, trade centers lost and a weapons depots blown up). At first the Jews want to get their soldiers with no condition, now they are considering asking for a trade ...

Did you know that they lost a multi billion $ contract to sell their tank model (the Mirkava) to outside because they claimed that even though this tank is hit, the soldiers inside will stay alive and Hizbullah showed them otherwise when he destroyed that tank on our borders????

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:34 AM

I was just reading that small groups of israeli troops were crossing the border...and they may eventually come in by ground. I am surprised the lebanese army has remained so passive other than a few anti aircraft missiles here and there. It would have been one thing if the isralies had avoided civilians/infrastructure and focused solely on hezbollah but from what ive seen.. so far this has been nothing but an opportunistic strike aimed at doing as much damage as possible to lebanon itself. I hope you guys fare well and I dont see israel being able to sustain a long term guerilla ground war in lebanon. Also UN will supposedly deploy a major ground force there. I hope things ease up and if they dont...Give Em HELL!!!
Old 07-19-2006, 12:45 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
Danny

Is your news reporting that the Arab League has issued a statement that the Hezballoh attack was both "irresponsible and inappropriate"?? So the Arab countries other than Syria and Iran are distancing themselves from the situation and will not get involved. In fact, they hope that Hezballoh does get reduced in strength and importance.

Another question---what are your thoughts on the Lebanese government not complying with UN Resolution 1559 where they were supposed to disarm Hezballoh and secure the Israeli/Lebanese Border??

Lee
I said this from the beginning Lee, what Hizbullah did was provocative and not wise, I am against what they did, they shouldn't have started this war!!!
Syria and Iran never said that (as far as I know), one thing is sure is that they are helping Hizbullah in this war through supplies.

Our government is very weak, their only concern is to fill their pockets and nothing else. Anyways, if I were you, I would be asking the following question:

"what are your thoughts on the Isreali government not complying with UN Resolution 1559 where they were supposed to withdraw from the Shebaa and Kafarchouba Farms years ago and both countries ask the UN to pinpoint and secure the borders between Syria, Israel and Lebanon?"

At this time, the existence of the Hizbullah arms is not backed up anymore and it will be time to start negotiating their disarment... isn't it? The existence of the "resistance" is to defend and secure the borders of one's country, no?

Old 07-19-2006, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumph1902
I was just reading that small groups of israeli troops were crossing the border...and they may eventually come in by ground. I am surprised the lebanese army has remained so passive other than a few anti aircraft missiles here and there. It would have been one thing if the isralies had avoided civilians/infrastructure and focused solely on hezbollah but from what ive seen.. so far this has been nothing but an opportunistic strike aimed at doing as much damage as possible to lebanon itself. I hope you guys fare well and I dont see israel being able to sustain a long term guerilla ground war in lebanon. Also UN will supposedly deploy a major ground force there. I hope things ease up and if they dont...Give Em HELL!!!
other than bombing, i think the israelis are having a tough time getting a good foothold in lebanon...or so some articles read.

it ain't going to be easy for them, that's for sure.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: