Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2006, 12:16 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
We Are Under Attack !!!!!!!!

In Sum, Hizbullah caught 2 Israeli Soldiers and wanted to negociate them with Lebanese prisoners in their prisons, especially ones who have been for 30years!!!!!!!

The Jews got furious and started attacking as always all vital bridges (numbered to around 10 so far, one of them the one I use to get to my country house), they killed a number of civilans till now (25) of which two complete families and if you watch the news, you can see DEAD BABIES being taken out from under the rubble...

At 6am, they attacked Beirut Airport and now it is closed!!!

I just cannot understand, why they cannot just hit military bases, they only care about attacking our infrastructure and CIVILANS????

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:08 AM
Team ROUND 1

Send a message via Yahoo to 1320boy
Your absolutly 100% right.
In short its.... well... Stupid.
I dont think theres a simpler way to say it.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:26 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
We Are Surrounded

... Completely!!! from land, sea and air!!!!!!!
Well Guys I might not be able to post anymore these coming days, I just want to tell you goodbye for the time being, In case something happens to me (God Forbids), I just want to say that it was great knowing you all...

Bye for now

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:48 AM
Team ROUND 1

Send a message via Yahoo to 1320boy
As a man, i will pray for you.
Good luck, take care and be safe
I just hope it doesnt escalate to something unessesary.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:40 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
As I See It

As I recall, the Israeli withdrew from Gaza and gave it to the Palestinians. But the Hamas have continued to fire Kassam rockets from Gaza into Israel on a daily basis. AND THEN--they attacked and kidnapped a soldier (IN ISRAEL). By any definition in the world those are ACTS OF WAR and justify military response.

Now Hezballoh has made an attack INTO Israel which will justify further response by Israel.

The Palestinians have no one to blame but themselves for any military action that Israel takes. I don't necessarily agree with the aggressive military response by Israel, but I fully understand it.

Like I said much earlier in this forum---If the people in the region would recognize Israels right to exist and stop rocketing and terrorist acts against them---there would be peace and a reasonable if not totally desirable solution to the entire problem.

I do hope you stay safe and assure you that most of us are watching the situation.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by lhopp77; 07-13-2006 at 07:42 AM.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:47 AM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
I just spoke with Marcel, my friend, and Danny's friend who lives here in Cumberland MD, and who's family is still back in Beirut.

Marcel spoke with his wife earlier today.
His wife lives about 20 miles from the Airport, and says they dropped alot of bombs, and even 20 miles away, its very loud.

I am afraid for them, and for Danny.

Marcel will try to call Danny, and get back to me.

Good luck, Danny, and may God be with you and keep you safe.

Tom.
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 07-13-2006, 11:44 PM

Stay safe bro...hopefully this will blow over soon.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:19 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Hey Guys

I am still ok, I cannot stay long here, Israel is attacking all of lebanon's infrastructure from Electricity Factories (1 so far) to bridges (20 and counting) to Airports (all our airports are disabled) to land phone lines to INNOCENT CIVILIANS (murdering 60 so far most of them are less than 10 year old kids!!)

I am fearing they will attack my company and our rival company also (The only two GSM companies in Lebanon), so I cannot stay long here because I am posting from it right now..

Hisbullah is not righful of what he did by starting this parade (launching the Katiusha's to Israel), and Israel has no right to attack the infrastructure and civilians... They haven't so far killed but only one soldier from Hisbullah!!!

I am also fearing they will attack the main power company in Jounieh area of Lebanon (then we will go deep into a 5 year blackout )....

Dring the night, bombs have been dropped no more than 4 miles of where I live, but I think the area I am staying in is safer because it is a Christian area unlike the other parts of Beirut which are Shi'ite Muslim area (= Hizbullah)...
Well Lebanon is very small so 4 miles is nothing...

Tom (svxfiles) I did see Marcel's missed call on my phone, tell him sorry I couldn't answer because I was taking a shower... but I called his family afterwards and spoke to his wife... they are safe so am I for the time being , tell him hello for me pls...

Sorry guys I cannot stay any longer here, I hear the Isreali jets over my head, I am fearing they attack the Mobile phone companies here... (the management asked us not to come to work today...)
Whenever I can I will come and post, thank you all for your concerns

P.S: Watch Lebanese TV stations over there (you can get the LBC international, it has a blue logo), I know you will not understand arabic, but at least you will see live footage and what is truly happening over here!!!

Old 07-14-2006, 07:27 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Feel For You

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
I am still ok, I cannot stay long here, Israel is attacking all of lebanon's infrastructure from Electricity Factories (1 so far) to bridges (20 and counting) to Airports (all our airports are disabled) to land phone lines to INNOCENT CIVILIANS (murdering 60 so far most of them are less than 10 year old kids!!)

I am fearing they will attack my company and our rival company also (The only two GSM companies in Lebanon), so I cannot stay long here because I am posting from it right now..

Hisbullah is not righful of what he did by starting this parade (launching the Katiusha's to Israel), and Israel has no right to attack the infrastructure and civilians... They haven't so far killed but only one soldier from Hisbullah!!!

I am also fearing they will attack the main power company in Jounieh area of Lebanon (then we will go deep into a 5 year blackout )....

Dring the night, bombs have been dropped no more than 4 miles of where I live, but I think the area I am staying in is safer because it is a Christian area unlike the other parts of Beirut which are Shi'ite Muslim area (= Hizbullah)...
Well Lebanon is very small so 4 miles is nothing...

Sorry guys I cannot stay any longer here, I hear the Isreali jets over my head, I am fearing they attack the Mobile phone companies here... (the management asked us not to come to work today...)
Whenever I can I will come and post, thank you all for your concerns

P.S: Watch Lebanese TV stations over there (you can get the LBC international, it has a blue logo), I know you will not understand arabic, but at least you will see live footage and what is truly happening over here!!!
We are actually getting pretty good live news coverage from CNN/FOX/MSNBC in English. They are providing factual data and pictures. It is terrible that civilian including women and children are being killed on both sides.

Is your Arabic news station reporting that there have been missiles other than the Kassam and Kaitusa rockets fired into Israel? A missile of Iranian manufacture hit the edge of Haifa killing a woman.

Have you seen any of the leaflets that tell Lebanese people to stay away from Hezballoh facilities and offices??

It sounds like a very good thing that you are staying in the Christian areas.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 07-15-2006, 11:22 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77
We are actually getting pretty good live news coverage from CNN/FOX/MSNBC in English. They are providing factual data and pictures. It is terrible that civilian including women and children are being killed on both sides.

Is your Arabic news station reporting that there have been missiles other than the Kassam and Kaitusa rockets fired into Israel? A missile of Iranian manufacture hit the edge of Haifa killing a woman.

Have you seen any of the leaflets that tell Lebanese people to stay away from Hezballoh facilities and offices??

It sounds like a very good thing that you are staying in the Christian areas.

Lee
Lee, are they showing you the incinerated Kids? are they showing you how the Israeli fighter jets are attacking the civilian cars full of complete families?

I am really pissed!!!!!!!!!! all the high tech weapons the israeli have and they couldn't kill but only 2 members of Hizbullah!! 80% of the other 75 people dead are civilian KIDS !!! I saw incinerated babies on TV !!

I say it again, i was against Hizbullah starting the katyuchas on Israel, but seeing what the israelis are attacking and whom they are attacking here (civilians, airports, marine ports, gas stations, bridges...) I hope Hasan Nasrallah and hizbullah kick the SH!t out of the JEWS!!
Sorry guys I had to say it, when you see what I am seeing here, you will understand what I am saying...

One more thing.. a very important one: The Israelis are underestimating the power of Hizbullah. What I will tell you is that the Israelis will loose this war. Hisbullah has chemical and biological long range missles, Tel Aviv could be demolished easily.

He is not Bin Laden, all people WORSHIP Hassan Nasrallah (Hizbullah leader), they actually WORSHIP him to the death, they are willing to sacrifice their families for him. The Israelis must face all the lebanese people (ARMED TO THE TEETH) if a land invasion will be in progress... Hizbullah is a very skilled and very trained COMMANDOS (yes all of them are commandos!!!), they have the latest missles available today (well how they were able to attack and damage that destroyer ??? ). I think the Israelis will be also terrified those couple of days... I know what will happen, let it be a surprise

Israel will be facing another Palestine here.. but the difference is that the Shiites are ARMED...

Old 07-15-2006, 11:26 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budfreak
Hang in there buddy. I'm worried sick about you and I hope you stay alright. Like I said in the PM, stay low and out of the way my friend. God be with you and keep you safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b on demand
Danny take care of yourself man
Thanks Tom and Jason, I am very careful, I also provisioned ourselves with 100L of fuel, 100L of Diesel, lots of food (we are surrounded)... I think this will last for quite some time...

Old 07-15-2006, 04:20 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Quote:
Lee, are they showing you the incinerated Kids? are they showing you how the Israeli fighter jets are attacking the civilian cars full of complete families?

I am really pissed!!!!!!!!!! all the high tech weapons the israeli have and they couldn't kill but only 2 members of Hizbullah!! 80% of the other 75 people dead are civilian KIDS !!! I saw incinerated babies on TV !!

I say it again, i was against Hizbullah starting the katyuchas on Israel, but seeing what the israelis are attacking and whom they are attacking here (civilians, airports, marine ports, gas stations, bridges...) I hope Hasan Nasrallah and hizbullah kick the SH!t out of the JEWS!!
Sorry guys I had to say it, when you see what I am seeing here, you will understand what I am saying...

One more thing.. a very important one: The Israelis are underestimating the power of Hizbullah. What I will tell you is that the Israelis will loose this war. Hisbullah has chemical and biological long range missles, Tel Aviv could be demolished easily.

He is not Bin Laden, all people WORSHIP Hassan Nasrallah (Hizbullah leader), they actually WORSHIP him to the death, they are willing to sacrifice their families for him. The Israelis must face all the lebanese people (ARMED TO THE TEETH) if a land invasion will be in progress... Hizbullah is a very skilled and very trained COMMANDOS (yes all of them are commandos!!!), they have the latest missles available today (well how they were able to attack and damage that destroyer ??? ). I think the Israelis will be also terrified those couple of days... I know what will happen, let it be a surprise

Israel will be facing another Palestine here.. but the difference is that the Shiites are ARMED...
I am sure we are seeing more balanced news broadcasting than you. Have they been showing you for years what the Kazzam rockets have done to innocent Israeli civilians to include women and children as well as the suicide bombers on buses and in public areas? I suspect that your news is very slanted and not as objective as what is available here.

As I indicated before this was started by acts of war by Hamas and Hezballoh attacking INTO Israel. Definite acts of war---not terrorism. Most of us do agree that Israel is possibly overreacting---but the Palistinians and Lebanese could have stopped it at an time by returning the kidnapped solder--and stopped firing rockets into Israel from Gaza and southern Lebanon. To try to negotiate a change in the status PRIOR to the hostile acts by Hamas and Hezballoh---is a non-starter.

If your heroes go too far, I am afraid that things will get much worse--and not only from Israel. I only hope that your government can start to control Hezballoh a little, but I know that is probably not going to happen. We really want a free Lebanese democracy---but if Hezballoh is going to control Lebanon--we have problems.

I am sure you will get a lot of sympathy on here because of your location and situation, but unfortunately the opposite might be true if you take too strong a position in support of acts of terrorism against another sovereign state that has been trying to work with the Palestinians for establishment of their own state.

The US is an openly declared enemy of Hezballoh and Hamas. I just hope that they do not try any overt acts of hostility against the US or any US facilities or people.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by lhopp77; 07-15-2006 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
...I am fearing they will attack my company and our rival company also (The only two GSM companies in Lebanon), so I cannot stay long here because I am posting from it right now.
Which company do you work for? Cellis or Libancell? These two companies control the GSM needs of the entire country.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 07-14-2006, 01:50 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Danny take care of yourself man

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 07-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Hang in there buddy. I'm worried sick about you and I hope you stay alright. Like I said in the PM, stay low and out of the way my friend. God be with you and keep you safe.