How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-28-2002, 12:09 PM
Ya can't fix stupid

Airbags DEPLOYED......

A black Infiniti cut in front of me this morning, STOPPED...and blocked both of the southbound lanes. At that point the "crash" that followed was signed, sealed and delivered.

Both airbags went off, I spun and crossed two lanes of Northbound traffic. Between the airbags I could see a Mack Triaxle heading towards me.

Glad, and lucky as hell to be alive today and to only have a few sore spots.

The SVX is incredible. Most newer cars would've crumpled all the way to the firewall. THe damage is substantial, but limited to the front passenger quarter and bumper. The tire didn't go flat, the wheel is not bent and there were no fluids under the car.

The first thing the guy said to the cop was "It was my fault". He never tried to get out of the fault. He is only 24 and he took it pretty hard. I thought he was going to cry. If he hadn't hesitated and stopped I would've made it passed him.

SOOOOO....The insurance company will probably total the car. I'm sure there is at least $3,000.00 worth of body damage and another $3,000 in airbag fixing or whatever they do.

What do you think the value of a '94 is????

DRIVE SAFELY EVERYONE!!!!!!!

1992 SVX LSL Pearl

1992 SVX LSi Ebony

1992 SVX LSL Silver - parts
Old 10-28-2002, 12:13 PM
Hater

glad you're OK!

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 10-28-2002, 12:13 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Airbags DEPLOYED......

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXsomeday
What do you think the value of a '94 is????
Priceless, like all SVXs. I'm glad yours protected you as well as others have for their owners.

You're lucky that the cause of the accident owned up to it. That's rare. I've been just as lucky in that regard, but in less severe accidents.

I'm glad you're okay, and I hope the insurance company doesn't total your car. If they do, I hope you find another very shortly.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 10-28-2002, 12:17 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Airbags deployed

That's horrible!!! You just got the baby! Haven't even made it to through your first tranny rebuild yet . Not sure what value they'd give it. I guess it really depends on your insurance. I'll keep my eye out again for a new one in the region. Glad to hear you're okay and I hope you don't loose out too much in the deal. If they should decide to total it. Let me know what they want for it. I may be interested in buying it for parts.
Old 10-28-2002, 12:42 PM
Ya can't fix stupid

The guy is from Ohio and just moved to Pa. My insurance fellow thinks it might take a few extra days to get settled and looked at.

My son went to take pictures and was cornered by the guys at the towing station for all kinds of info on the car. They never saw one before and thought it was a pretty "tricked out ride", what ever that means.

I will never own any car other than a Subaru. They have and had for a long time the market on "affordable" safe cars.

DRIVE SAFELY EVERYONE!!!!!!

1992 SVX LSL Pearl

1992 SVX LSi Ebony

Old 10-28-2002, 01:37 PM

As to value of car, I have a '92 and I checked with my insurance company before paying for the full coverage. They would total at $7500, so I got the coverage.
That was 2 months ago.
99 Acura 3.2 TL, 51K
Old 10-28-2002, 01:46 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
You didn't list the mileage, but I suspect a typical 94 is still worth 7-10K retail.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 10-28-2002, 01:57 PM
Green1995SVX

It always amazes me to see the amount of imact an svx can take, and still have the driver walk away from the accident. The SVX is a very safe car in all respects.

Mike
Old 10-28-2002, 02:12 PM

Sorry to hear about that. Was the Infiniy badly damaged? Was your car drivable?
Old 10-28-2002, 05:20 PM
greg

Damages

$3,000 in damage to the exterior is extremely LOW! My SVX got hit on the driver fender, Bumer, slight hood damage (repair not replace + paint work) and the radiator support is bent-replace. That excluding the cost for the eletrical repairs (airbag light on needs new control, horn will not work needs clock spring) Without those the total for the work is $2,332.16 Air bag control is $893.97 and last the clock spring has not been estimated. I would guess it will be another $1,000.00. Just that littkew accident is going to be around $4,000. From the sound of your damage it has to be significantly more! I just hope they do not total it I am glad that you are okay. My Dad was driving my fist SVX drove off a cliff at 40MPH dropped 20 feet and hit three trees on the way down. I love that car...he waled away without a single scratch...then had to walk a mile in the snow! The SVX is truely remarkable!

-G
Old 10-28-2002, 07:29 PM

"tricked out ride", what ever that means.

Nice car......

anyways, i hope that you are all okay and that the sore spots are gone in the morning. are ya fixing it or totalling it?

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 10-29-2002, 04:33 AM
Ya can't fix stupid

The '94 has an immaculate tan interior. There are no signs of wear on the seats (bolsters are excellent) or carpets. Since I work in the construction field, I had slush mats and covers on for the last five weeks to preserve the interior.

There is a scuff mark on the windshield from the airbag going off and the rearview mirror ended up on the passenger seat.

In reading some of these posts, all I'm guessing a repair value on is stuff I can see. I didn't open the hood, so I don't know what was damaged inside as far as radiator supports, grill supports or other items.

One thing I did notice while my baby was being "rolled off". The sun roof, on a direct diagonal from the impact was slightly raised (1/3 ") from the roof. So if something got a little twisted, maybe they can just untwist it.

I'm just not looking forward to a "total" situation and five months of looking for another SVX. It was frustrating the first time.

DRIVE SAFELY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

1992 SVX LSL Pearl

1992 SVX LSi Ebony