Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2002, 02:28 PM
$VX

Quote:
Originally posted by solarsvx

its stil a neon in my mind,, crappy solid rear axle cheap interior,
Solar, you are such an idiot. Seriously man, you just talk **** all day long about things you know nothing about. Solid rear axle? WTF are you talking about? You could only be referring to a RWD vehicle for that, and the neon is FWD. The neon has always had fully independant suspension as well. From here on in, if you don't know the subject matter, SHUT UP.

Quote:
its stil a neon in my mind,, crappy solid rear axle cheap interior, not shure wich is faster have to see that in person but it would be close,, wrx will out handle it and out launch it but top end the neon shoudl cach up..
1. Its SURE, not SHURE. Go back to 2nd grade.
2. I doubt it. Neons kick ass at autocross. They don't weigh a damn thing.

Quote:
as for after market potential didge neon wil have alot of caching up to do to a wrx,, and waite till the mitsu evo 8 comes out,
32,000 dollars. The SRT-4 is 20 grand. I'm guessing if you dumped 12 grand into the SRT 4 it'd be quite formidable to your precious DSMs.

Argh

>certain peoples ignorance is annoying me again.... <

- Ca$h
Old 10-26-2002, 08:14 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Thumbs down

>certain peoples ignorance is annoying me again.... <

- Ca$h [/B][/QUOTE]

It's "people's" not "peoples", Ca$h.
You need all the help you can get.

Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 10-26-2002, 08:37 PM

"HE" posts this kind of crap on purpose. Don't feed it guys.

I feel a lot more like I do now then I did before.

92 SVX 5spd, (sold),92 SVX Teal, 67 Mustang 351C 5spd, 00 Galant.
Old 10-26-2002, 11:15 PM
I_Alcyone_I

nope i was wrong
Old 10-26-2002, 11:52 PM
greg

My question is really whether or not the majority of the members of the "SVX Network" really care about a Neon? I would suppose that, if in fact, we all were on a site that contained information about new cars this Neon would be somehow relevant! But, we are not. We are however dedicated owners of a car that is not even in a category close to a Neon. Most of our cars are older and not nearly as quick but I guess for me speed is not relevant anymore. I want quality, carisma, and a lot of style. For me that is what an SVX is all about. And talk about what you get for a buck... The price of almost every SVX I have looked at in the past two years is significantly under 20 grand! Talk about bang for buck!!!
So for my, most likely ridiculed two cents, I DON'T give a country *#%! about a Neon, turbo or not!

And I just can't seem to get the image of a Neon leaving a red light, squealing tires and then breaking in half... oh well

-G
Old 10-27-2002, 12:12 AM
I_Alcyone_I

I think it would be like one of us at a neon site and hearing someone talk crap about the SVX, things that we knew weren't true, and when you try to correct the people on their mistakes they turn around and call you stupid and continue saying false things about the SVX.

I'm not saying anyone was right in how they responded to each others comments. I do however think that everyone should count to 10 before responding to something that upsets them, or just forget about it. Input is good, negative input is very unwelcome, funny thing is nobody welcomes it, but almost everyone is willing to give out their share of it.
Old 10-27-2002, 11:35 AM

I see your point but I would not frequent a neon site just to make comments about an SVX. Notice who started the thread.

Old 10-27-2002, 03:59 PM
$VX

Quote:
Originally posted by SVX'in
My question is really whether or not the majority of the members of the "SVX Network" really care about a Neon?
Hrm. Frankly, I really don't care. No matter what site I go to, I despise misinformation and made up bullcrap (the kind Solar spreads).

Quote:

bla bla bla bla
And I just can't seem to get the image of a Neon leaving a red light, squealing tires and then breaking in half... oh well
Wow. Thats really wonderful. I completely understand why you support biased misinformation now.

- Ca$h
Old 10-27-2002, 04:03 PM
$VX

Quote:
Originally posted by AutoTchr
I see your point but I would not frequent a neon site just to make comments about an SVX. Notice who started the thread.
Hey and guess what? I'm an SVX owner/fan. And a Neon fan. And a WRX fan. And a toyota fan. And a hyundai fan (on occasion). And a ....

the point is I like CARS, and I thought I might SHARE something that some of you might normally not be exposed to. If you want to sit in your little filtered environment and hear ONLY praise about ONLY the SVX, I guess we could do that, but we'd all become boring biased people with knowledge of only one specific automobile. I'm a car freak. I like a lot of cars. Sorry I f*cking shared anything off topic with some of you guys...

- Ca$h
Old 10-28-2002, 07:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
cash

i gave it praise and some down pointes, read my posts before going into your flame wars

Quote:
dodge neon had to turbo it too keep up with the competion
Quote:
case closing, i hope the neon does well ,, and holds its own, domestic 4 cyl havent had much out there,
im glad dodge is coming out with a neon turbo

down sides,, cheap interor,, plastics parts etc etc.. but thats what u get for a low budget car,

and solid rear axles ,, this has changed i beleive, but for my understanding they where solid rear axles at one point.

this can be true or false,, dodge has the turbo and manifold all in one piece so after market be close to none.. im shure dodge has come up with some scheme to limit the aftermarket potential,

to bad they didnt make it AWD or RWD ,, would be even a hotter car for the buck.

whats the selling price wil be for the neon srt ?
Old 10-28-2002, 07:58 AM
RRX

Quote:
My question is really whether or not the majority of the members of the "SVX Network" really care about a Neon?
"$VX" is not the first person to post about a different car than the SVX. There is always topics about other cars.... If im not interesed.....I don't post.

Last edited by RRX; 10-28-2002 at 08:19 AM.
Old 10-28-2002, 09:03 AM
$VX

Quote:
cash
down sides,, cheap interor,, plastics parts etc etc.. but thats what u get for a low budget car,

and solid rear axles ,, this has changed i beleive, but for my understanding they where solid rear axles at one point.

this can be true or false,, dodge has the turbo and manifold all in one piece so after market be close to none.. im shure dodge has come up with some scheme to limit the aftermarket potential,
It has NEVER had solid rear axles. A 'solid rear axle' would mean RWD. It has always had fully independent suspension. I have no idea what you are talking about or what you are referring to. And yes, the turbo and the exhaust manifold is in ONE PIECE. This won't limit 'aftermarket' applications, because you'll want to replace the exhaust anyway. Dodge was smart when they did this; they did this so you can't buy an SRT4, slap in a big turbo, blow it up, and then swap back to the old one to get a new engine. They new people would try that so they made it more difficult.

The SRT4 will be 20,000 dollars.

- Ca$h
Old 10-28-2002, 10:32 AM
cjoffe

Question Car Expert????

Quote:
Originally posted by $VX

It has NEVER had solid rear axles. A 'solid rear axle' would mean RWD. It has always had fully independent suspension. I have no idea what you are talking about or what you are referring to.
- Ca$h
Been anywhere near a VW in the last few decades?

CJ
Old 10-28-2002, 10:43 AM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
chevy cavilier has solid rear axles.
1st gen eclipse/laser/talon/ FWD
geo metro
older sentras
mainly older cars,,

just a few off the top of my head that is FWD with a solid rear axles.

the cheaper economy box cars, has solid rear axles.. so i was assuming the dodge neon was also so i stand corected.

is there any proof the older neons have solid rear axles just for my own, idea here,
Old 10-28-2002, 01:35 PM

solid axles

Yup even a lot of newer FWD cars have solid axles. Because they are cheap to produce and durable.

Just because a car is FWD does not mean that it can't have a solid rear axle.

These axles make good trailer axles if your going to build one.

Closed Thread