Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2003, 03:25 PM
Hater

hey Rob,
you owned a Neon, which is probably rotting in a landfill right now. don't buy disposable cars if you want to be environmentally friendly.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 06-04-2003, 03:50 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
No, some kid bought it. It went 103k hard driven miles (it was a leased car before I bought it) and it still has its original transmission, which is more than I can say for my SVX (which I also like very much).

- Rob
Old 06-05-2003, 09:28 AM

hey Rob, want to be enviormentally friendly, stop driving an SVX..i mean between the gas and the oil and the emissions...you are killing the planet...

you just being alive wastes resources

Kelli

somebody call the pollution control
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 06-05-2003, 10:32 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Throwing cigarettes out the window and littering is not the same thing as driving a car.

Nice try, and just realize that the only reason people didn't jump on you is because you're cute.

- Rob
Old 06-05-2003, 10:37 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Zeppelin Send a message via AIM to Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Zeppelin
Living in CO, I know what a cigarette butt thrown out the window can do... One of the big fires along I-70 last year was caused by a careless smoker. I know people don't want to "dirty their ashtray" in their car, so take a pop bottle with you to put it out in..

http://stickyvinylgraphics.com/
Old 06-05-2003, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane

Throwing cigarettes out the window and littering is not the same thing as driving a car.

Nice try, and just realize that the only reason people didn't jump on you is because you're cute.

- Rob
they are both still causing pollution in the world we live in...so nice try on your part...

what does me being "cute" have anything to do with the way ppl would react to me throwing ciggys out the window?

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:11 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally posted by Zeppelin
I know people don't want to "dirty their ashtray" in their car, so take a pop bottle with you to put it out in..
Or dare your passenger to eat the butt for a dollar

Seriously though, Congrats on fixing your window Kelli. When did you want to swap my transmission?

BTW: I used to smoke 3 packs a day and quit cold turkey after Amy & I got engaged. Surprisingly, after putting up with me during the withdrawls, she still decided to married me!

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 06-05-2003, 01:15 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Because cute people can get away with more crap. Think about it. If you were going to be pulled over by a male officer, would you rather be you, or some ugly girl? Exactly. Since you're cute, fewer people are telling you that littering is wrong. I've lost some respect for you because you litter, and worse yet, you don't admit that it's wrong, you just defend it.

I'm not saying we all need to go hug trees, or drive electric cars, but when it comes to things that are bad for the environment that can EASILY be avoided, I have a problem with it. I dispose of my oil in the proper place, I don't just pour it into a river. I don't litter, I throw things away. It's a matter of respect. If came over to your house, and drank a can of soda, then threw the can in your yard, would you be happy with me? If I threw my 'ciggy' in your sunroof, would you be happy? No. Put trash where it is supposed to go. It's really not that difficult.

- Rob
Old 06-05-2003, 01:24 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Cigarette butt littering

Here's a very interesting fact for ya about cig butts being thrown out the window.

The average lifespan for a cigarette butt in a landfill is 7 years. If you drop one on the ground it will have broken down within 8 months. So actually by throwing the butt out the window (totally out of course) you're actually speeding up the natural recycling process thus saving the enviorment more than throwing away the butt. Don't believe me? Came out of a book I read eons ago called "Rubbish". It was all about the trash industry. Archeologists have actually found totally intact hotdogs from the turn of the centure buried in landfills. Probably would taste about the same as one right off the grill too.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:29 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Okay, remind me to dump any cigarette butts I find in your yard.

- Rob
Old 06-05-2003, 01:37 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane

Okay, remind me to dump any cigarette butts I find in your yard.

- Rob
Remember every landfill is in someone's back yard. Read the book (it is even in English) you'll understand. Probably one of the only required reading books I ever enjoyed reading.
Old 06-05-2003, 03:37 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Quote:
Originally posted by mohrds

Or dare your passenger to eat the butt for a dollar

Seriously though, Congrats on fixing your window Kelli. When did you want to swap my transmission?

BTW: I used to smoke 3 packs a day and quit cold turkey after Amy & I got engaged. Surprisingly, after putting up with me during the withdrawls, she still decided to married me!

Doug
I'll take that bet!

I guess that tells us one thing that she still was willing to marry you... she was just after your money!

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment
Old 06-05-2003, 05:19 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

re: hey rob

hey rob, no offense or anything but i think you need to sit back and have a nice alcoholic beverage. you should find something to do that makes you happy versus complaining about small things like cigarette butts or smokers.

actually...if complaining about small things makes you happy, then i guess you should keep on doing it.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:24 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

hey Harry, are you having a nice Alchoholic beverage???? I think you should instead of harrassing members!!!!

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 06-05-2003, 06:54 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Re: re: hey rob

Quote:
Originally posted by Noir
hey rob, no offense or anything but i think you need to sit back and have a nice alcoholic beverage. you should find something to do that makes you happy versus complaining about small things like cigarette butts or smokers.

actually...if complaining about small things makes you happy, then i guess you should keep on doing it.
In my previous posts, I explained that I've had asthma since I was a kid, my grandma is on oxygen because of them, and a few other things, so in total, I don't consider cigarettes a 'little thing'.

I also think littering is just stupid. How freaking hard is it to keep something in your car til you get a gas station? I don't find it that hard. Of course, I don't find it that hard to use my turn signals either, so apparently I'm one of the most skilled people in the world.

- Rob