Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2004, 10:06 PM

Just bought a SVX

I've been hanging around the boards (SVX-less) for a couple of months now, but now have an SVX of my own. I just purchased Michael Lai's 1995 Ebony 5speed and put it through the ultimate test drive; I drove it from Rockford, IL to Knoxville, TN in 9.5 hours. The trip was 663 miles and I made great time. The cruise control was set between 79 & 83 MPH practically the whole way and I averaged 26.9 MPG and 26.7 on my two fill-ups.
I never imagined that this car would sip gas (my previous car, a 02' WRX, averaged 21 - 22 MPG under similar driving conditions). I love this car! Now I understand the cult following (albeit small cult). With the Stebro exhaust, the sound is pure Porsche 911 on steroids (I know, to some on the boards, that's an insult to the Suby, so for that I apologize).
I hope to keep this car alive and well for a long time to come. I have a mechanical and auto racing engineering backround and intend on making some neat parts for the car, which I will share as time and development allows. I'm sure I'll also have some noob questions, so please be kind!
Glad to be a member.

Gads