Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha View Post
SVX92-97, are you posting things from your folder again? You can't believe everything you read on the internet you know.

I don't support any politician. In general I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. Unless I could piss gasoline. But your post has all the hallmarks of extremist propoganda and from the tone of it, I would guess that is was written by someone who believes that all christians are good and all muslims and arabs are evil terrorists who deserve nothing but contempt. Perhaps it came from a fundamentalist christian organisation.

As I have family in Kenya and travel there often, I have been following the situation there since before the 2007 elections took place. Point 4 on the list is a very biased view of a complex situation and I don't believe it is accurate. In particular, the idea that the election results were in any way legitimate is laughable and there was never any question of Sharia law being imposed on Kenya.

Raila Odinga is not even a muslim himself. It was rumoured that some muslim clerics has been in discussion with Odinga about allowing Kenyan muslims to choose to be tried under sharia law rather than Kenyan law. Religious groups, christian, muslim and others hold a lot of power in Kenya and all politicians try to get their support. But even if the rumour were true, I don't see the Kenyan judiciary allowing different laws to be applied for different groups of people.

For obvious reasons, I don't want to say too much about my views of Kenyan politics in a public forum.

In any case, I find it highly unlikely that Barrack Obama had anything to do with the post-election violence in Kenya and guilt by association is tenuous to say the least.

I have no knowledge about the other points but I would be very surprised if they are all true given that the author is clearly out to discredit Obama.
Welcome to US politics. I don't see you saying anything about all the things ridiculously blamed on Bush, but that is just American politics over the last few years. Like ALL the senior politicians had the SAME intelligence briefings that he had prior to the Iraq War, but now they say something different. He can't very well since he was the one that made the decision. (His haters would be more realistic if they blamed the strategy instead of the reasons for it.)

I suspect that well over 50 percent of what is stated IS true and what is DEFINITELY true is that he does not have the experience OR qualifications to be a modern day president.

Lee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Barak Hussein Obama.jpg (21.4 KB, 418 views)
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE