Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum

Old 04-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha View Post
SVX92-97, are you posting things from your folder again? You can't believe everything you read on the internet you know.

I don't support any politician. In general I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. Unless I could piss gasoline. But your post has all the hallmarks of extremist propoganda and from the tone of it, I would guess that is was written by someone who believes that all christians are good and all muslims and arabs are evil terrorists who deserve nothing but contempt. Perhaps it came from a fundamentalist christian organisation.

As I have family in Kenya and travel there often, I have been following the situation there since before the 2007 elections took place. Point 4 on the list is a very biased view of a complex situation and I don't believe it is accurate. In particular, the idea that the election results were in any way legitimate is laughable and there was never any question of Sharia law being imposed on Kenya.

Raila Odinga is not even a muslim himself. It was rumoured that some muslim clerics has been in discussion with Odinga about allowing Kenyan muslims to choose to be tried under sharia law rather than Kenyan law. Religious groups, christian, muslim and others hold a lot of power in Kenya and all politicians try to get their support. But even if the rumour were true, I don't see the Kenyan judiciary allowing different laws to be applied for different groups of people.

For obvious reasons, I don't want to say too much about my views of Kenyan politics in a public forum.

In any case, I find it highly unlikely that Barrack Obama had anything to do with the post-election violence in Kenya and guilt by association is tenuous to say the least.

I have no knowledge about the other points but I would be very surprised if they are all true given that the author is clearly out to discredit Obama.
Welcome to US politics. I don't see you saying anything about all the things ridiculously blamed on Bush, but that is just American politics over the last few years. Like ALL the senior politicians had the SAME intelligence briefings that he had prior to the Iraq War, but now they say something different. He can't very well since he was the one that made the decision. (His haters would be more realistic if they blamed the strategy instead of the reasons for it.)

I suspect that well over 50 percent of what is stated IS true and what is DEFINITELY true is that he does not have the experience OR qualifications to be a modern day president.

Lee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Barak Hussein Obama.jpg (21.4 KB, 417 views)
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 04-25-2008, 07:05 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77 View Post
he does not have the experience OR qualifications to be a modern day president.
Lee
Who does, in your opinion?

If you are feeling frisky, define modern day while you're at it.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:20 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
If you are feeling frisky, define modern day while you're at it.
Don't need to feel frisky--anytime during the 20th Century to now is close enough.

In order of the 3 now still in the race--McCain, Clinton then Obama a far distant 3d. The order would have been different if all the initial candidates were considered. I personally like to see former governors in the race. At least they have some of the same qualifications and experience needed to be effective AND we have a better insight in to their actual conduct, performance and effectiveness and not just empty promises that can never be fulfilled.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 04-25-2008, 07:29 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
Well, that sounds reasonable.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:10 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha View Post
I don't support any politician. In general I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. Unless I could piss gasoline.
...solving the othe big issue on the board today as well (Price of Gas)
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 04-25-2008, 11:03 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77 View Post
Don't need to feel frisky--anytime during the 20th Century to now is close enough.

In order of the 3 now still in the race--McCain, Clinton then Obama a far distant 3d. The order would have been different if all the initial candidates were considered. I personally like to see former governors in the race. At least they have some of the same qualifications and experience needed to be effective AND we have a better insight in to their actual conduct, performance and effectiveness and not just empty promises that can never be fulfilled.

Lee

We know NOTHING about B Hussain Obama, except he votes 'Presant' a lot.
We know ALL about the clintons, and Mccain is the best Democratic candidate going. ( cause he ain't no Republican) I just hope he, Mccain, picks RICE as a runningmate! There we get the black, the woman and the holder of 3 degrees from an 'Ivy League' School.

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 04-25-2008 at 11:06 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:13 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser View Post
We know NOTHING about B Hussain Obama, except he votes 'Presant' a lot.
We know ALL about the clintons, and Mccain is the best Democratic candidate going. ( cause he ain't no Republican) I just hope he, Mccain, picks RICE as a runningmate! There we get the black, the woman and the holder of 3 degrees from an 'Ivy League' School.
Still wondering why you're voting for "stay the course." Obviously, we are on the wrong course.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 04-26-2008, 01:11 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Obama

After seven years of the MORON in the White House, nothing can bother me. Take care, BOBB
Old 04-26-2008, 01:44 AM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius View Post
Still wondering why you're voting for "stay the course." Obviously, we are on the wrong course.
Agreed. Rice needs to GTF out as well.

All 3 candidates suck.

Old 04-26-2008, 02:29 AM

Its disturbing how heavily the media promotes Obama, and how easily people buy into it.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by triumph1902 View Post
Its disturbing how heavily the media promotes anything, and how easily people buy into it.
Fixed, for great justice.

Old 04-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Really??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
Fixed, for great justice.
With 95% of the media identifying THEMSELVES as liberal--what causes to you think get supported the most?????

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 04-26-2008, 12:36 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
I for one don't rely on the media for anything, nor do I judge people based on their political affiliations, so I don't know nor do I care.

Something you need to consider though, is the Ameican media is designed to be liberal, and it's not necessarily a bad thing, nor can most "causes" be clearly defined as liberal or conservative agenda. There are plenty of us out there with a purely "human" agenda and a liberal "media" is required to promote this.

--

Nor!

Old 04-26-2008, 12:55 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Forget Hilary and Obama, They messed their party's votes up and McCain knows it. They (the news) are turning this into a race or sex based vote. They Split it and by doing that ended the chance for either of them. I'm going McCain.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 04-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
It is really amazing what passes for information in the wing-nut blog world. Here is a much more detailed documentation of Obama's early life, from the Chicago Sun-times. I know, it's a left wing press conspiracy to conceal the the fact that Barack Hussein Obama is actually a Taliban in a Brooks Brothers suit.

Three years in a Catholic school in Indonesia and one in a public school. So much for being reared in a madrassa. As for Obama's jihadist elder brother, since Obama only saw his father once as a child after he was two years old, it is doubtful that either his brother or his father's politics had much effect on his upbringing. Finally, the genetic heritage of the Obama family is difficult to determine, because that part of the world is very much a pastiche of both Semitic and Negroid lineages. Semitic includes Arabic, Jewish, Palestinian, Ethiopian, Somalian. These divisions are much more political and religious, than indicative of any geographically isolated cache of genetic traits. More later.

Quote:
JAKARTA, Indonesia - When Barack Obama was a boy here, he studied for three years at a religious school and prayed four times a day.

It was a Roman Catholic school. There, Obama was registered as student No. 203. "Yes, he prayed, because all the students here had to pray in the Catholic way--`in the name of the Father, [Son] and the Holy Spirit,'" recalled Obama's 1st-grade teacher, Israella Pareira Darmawan.

Attention on U.S. Sen. Barack Obama's childhood in Indonesia has so far focused on whether he was a Muslim and whether one of his schools was a fundamentalist Islamic madrassa.

Although his campaign has denied that Obama was a practicing Muslim, the "Islam" issue is not likely to go away soon for the presidential candidate. Some Americans link the religion with terrorism and see Indonesia, the world's most populous Muslim nation, as being an alien place, a world away from the White House.
But initial reports have distorted the reality of the four years Obama spent in Indonesia, from 1967 to 1971. In fact, Obama's religious upbringing in Indonesia depended more on the conventions of the schools he attended than on any decision by him, his mother or his stepfather. When he was at a Catholic school for three years, he prayed as a Catholic.

When he was at a public school for a year, he learned about Islam.

Obama's stepfather, Lolo Soetoro, was much more of a free spirit than a devout Muslim, according to former friends and neighbors. And the school described as an Islamic madrassa in media reports actually was a public school, so progressive that teachers wore miniskirts and all students were encouraged to celebrate Christmas.

Interviews with dozens of former classmates, teachers, neighbors and friends show that Obama was not a regular practicing Muslim when he was in Indonesia, despite being listed as a Muslim on the registration form for the Catholic school, Strada Asisia, where he attended 1st through 3rd grades.

At the time, the school most likely registered children based on the religion of their fathers, said Darmawan, Obama's former teacher. Because Soetoro was a Muslim, Obama was listed as a Muslim, she said.

The enrollment form from the Catholic school, which has been cited as evidence that Obama was a Muslim in Indonesia, also was rife with errors. It listed Obama as an Indonesian, listed his previous school incorrectly and failed to list his mother, Ann, at all.

Mosque visits rare

Obama and his mother moved from Honolulu to Jakarta to join Soetoro in 1967, when Obama was 6. Here, Obama became "Barry Soetoro."

In their first neighborhood, Obama occasionally followed his stepfather to the mosque for Friday prayers, a few neighbors said. But Soetoro usually was too busy working, first for the Indonesian army and later for a Western oil company.

"Sometimes Lolo went to the mosque to pray, but he rarely socialized with people," said Fermina Katarina Sinaga, Obama's 3rd-grade teacher at the Catholic school, who lived near the family. "Rarely, Barry went to the mosque with Lolo."

Zulfan Adi, a former neighborhood playmate of Obama's who has been cited in news reports as saying Obama regularly attended Friday prayers with Soetoro, told the Tribune he was not certain about that when pressed about his recollections. He only knew Obama for a few months, during 1970, when his family moved to the neighborhood.

Soetoro, who died in 1987, was hardly the image of a pious Muslim, friends and family members say.

His nephew, Sonny Trisulo, 49, said Soetoro always liked women and alcohol. One of his health problems was a failing liver. "He loved drinking, was a smart and warm person, the naughtiest one in the family," Trisulo recalled.

In his autobiography, Obama said Soetoro followed the same kind of Islam as many Indonesians, "a brand of Islam that could make room for the remnants of more ancient animist and Hindu faiths," the kind of Islam that meant a man could absorb the powers of the animals he ate, such as tigers and snakes.

Interfaith studies

In late 1970, Obama's family moved to another neighborhood, and Obama enrolled in Public Elementary School Menteng No. 1, the school depicted by several news outlets as an Islamic madrassa, or boarding school. The school, founded in 1934 as a Dutch school, once catered only to Dutch children and a few elite Indonesians. In 1962 the Dutch handed the school over to the Indonesian government. At the time, the predominantly Muslim public school was considered one of the best in Jakarta.

On a recent visit, a magician performed for the students. The girls wore uniforms of knee-length skirts and no head scarves. Boys and girls shoved each other on the playground. Weekly religious classes are required for all students, whether Muslims, Christians or Hindus, under the government curriculum. A new shiny mosque is in the corner of the courtyard.

"The Muslims learn about Islam, prayer and religious activity," said Hardi Priyono, the vice principal for curriculum. "And for the Christians, during the religious class, they also have a special room teaching Christianity. It's always been like that. We are a public school. We have always been a public school."

When Obama attended 4th grade in 1971, Muslim children spent two hours a week studying Islam, and Christian children spent those two hours learning about the Christian religion.

At holidays, the school made a practice of teaching students about different religions. Students from all religions celebrated Christmas with a Christmas tree and carols. They celebrated the Islamic holiday of Eid al-Adha by handing out a sacrificed goat to the neighborhood's needy.

Photographs from the time show teachers in sleeveless dresses. The only woman who wore a head scarf was the Islamic religion teacher.

"I was really trendy, for example, no sleeves, and miniskirts," recalled Tine Hahiyari, 78, a Protestant who was the school's headmaster from 1972 to 1989. "When I taught sports, I wore shorts."

94 LS-i Emerald Pearl, 106,xxx,; 246 whp; Tomyx snorkus and HKS Cold air intake; PWR aluminum radiator, silicone hoses; Inline thermostat; enhanced coolant routing; external power steering and oil coolers; Phenolic intake manifold spacers; 2004 WRX 5 speed transmission; ACT Clutch Kit, Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, Lightweight flywheel, performance disc; Group N motor mounts; ‘07 WRX 4-pot front calipers, cryo-treated slotted Tribeca rotors; Hawk HPS ferro-carbon pads; Frozenrotor rear slotted rotors; SS brake lines, Axxis Ultimate pads; Rota Torque 17x8 wheels; 245/40-17 Bridgestone RE01-R's; Koni inserts with Ground Control coilovers, Eibach springs; K-Mac camber/caster adjustable strut mounts; Urethane swaybar bushings; Bontrager rear sway bar; Urethane differential bushing; Custom Whiteline adjustable rear lateral links; Outlaw Engineering forged underdrive pulley; custom grind Web intake and exhaust cams (11 mm lift, 250° duration); solid lifters; CP custom aluminum forged 11 to 1 pistons, Brian Crower coated SS intake & exhaust valves; Brian Crower upgraded springs w/ titanium retainers; NGK sparkplugs; RallyBob (Bob Legere) ported and polished cylinder heads; Eagle H-beam rods; ACL Bearings; Cometic Head gaskets; ARP head studs & fasteners; Hydra Nemesis EMS; Wideband O2 sensor; 740cc Injectors; Walbro 255lph fuel pump; Upgraded WRX starter; Equal length SS headers (3 into 1); dual Magnaflow cat converters; 2 into 1 into 2 SS exhaust with Bullet muffler; OT Fiberglass hood; Oil pressure gauge; Programmable shift light,

2017 Subaru Forester XT, metallic dark gray, 29,xxx

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabrio, 24,xxx

2006 Subaru Outback LL Bean, 166,xxx sold

92 LSL Dark Teal, Smallcar Shift Kit - sold

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: