Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Suspension
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Rear anti-swaybar idea-low cost

I've been reviewing the front and rear suspension for anti-sway bar upgrade potential. Laying on the ground looking at the rear anti-sway bar it hit me that the stock rear bar could be doubled up with another stock bar very easily by simply extending the mounting plates and using U-bolts through two plates and a connecting arm to mate them together. This method of attachment would also give infinite adjustability. As I have a few parts laying around the garage I'm going to give this a try once the struts return. Thoughts???

I've also determined that a straight 1" (aka 25mm) rod will fit through the front subframe where the stock 18mm pre-bent bar runs now. Though not as low-cost, a splined 1" diameter bar is available from a variety of sources as are blank arms that connect to the splines. The arms would need to be bent and drilled, but I have fab and heat treat sources. The mounts will need to be dropped down and rearward as well. I will get dimensions tomorrow and costs next week.

Todd

Last edited by wawazat??; 06-30-2007 at 04:13 PM.