Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2002, 12:06 AM
alacrity024

Talking Way Too Happy..

as many of my eastern-seabord brethren witnessed this happiest of birthdays, a great snowstorm blanketed the northeast in thick, white powder. I waited patiently in the city until 1am, then made my trek home over mountain and through valley. Yea, I was rewarded. Virtually untouched by plows were the roads beyond the city limits, and mine SVX did forge its way thru over twelve deep inches of thick snow.

And behold, mine SVX forged good and true, for I am here now imparting my wonderous joy to all of thee. Up steep hills, snow flew over mine hood and into mine windshield, forcing me to summon the mightiest of all: the windshield wipers of eternal glory. With a smile like that of a child on Christmas, I guided my vehicle to its home. It sits now in the driveway, sated at having gotten sideways so many times throughout the afternoon.

Merry Christmas, even though I'm Jewish.

-adam
Old 12-26-2002, 05:05 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Re: Way Too Happy..

Adam,

Loved your "Chritmas SVX Story"

Two minor points:
1) Next time use the words 'yea' and 'verily'. They give prose that "Olde English" sound.
2) Jesus was Jewish and by today's standards, I would consider him 'Reformed'.

Quote:
Originally posted by alacrity024
as many of my eastern-seabord brethren witnessed this happiest of birthdays, a great snowstorm blanketed the northeast in thick, white powder. I waited patiently in the city until 1am, then made my trek home over mountain and through valley. Yea, I was rewarded. Virtually untouched by plows were the roads beyond the city limits, and mine SVX did forge its way thru over twelve deep inches of thick snow.

And behold, mine SVX forged good and true, for I am here now imparting my wonderous joy to all of thee. Up steep hills, snow flew over mine hood and into mine windshield, forcing me to summon the mightiest of all: the windshield wipers of eternal glory. With a smile like that of a child on Christmas, I guided my vehicle to its home. It sits now in the driveway, sated at having gotten sideways so many times throughout the afternoon.

-adam
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 12-26-2002, 12:14 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Hey, Adam. What make and model tires do you run on your SVX? Mine suck in the snow since they are performanced based I think. No way I could ever make it through 12+ inches of the white stuff.

P.S.: Merry Christmas!

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 12-26-2002, 05:14 PM
alacrity024

Michelin Wintermaster 205/55 r16. $280 for a full set, mounted and balanced. They're rotten on the dry stuff, especially at speed through corners.. they groan when I punch the gas on the highway at 70+ mph, but they're really not designed for speed or handling. I'm told, however, that they actually "perform" better than most snow tires in that they are true radials.. I guess a lot of snow tires aren't? I dunno.. they're really predictable in the snow.. nice, controlled drifts

-adam

(yea, verily thine wintermasters shall see thee safe through the longest, most extreme drifts)
Old 12-28-2002, 07:02 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Way Too Happy..

Quote:
Originally posted by alacrity024

-adam
Nice story.

Merry Christmas to you too Adam, and all of your care.

We don't get any kind of real snow here, maybe once every 15 years or so, so I will have to conserve my car to get the snow handling experience.

And further highlighting what Larry says, most Christian denominations use the Old Testament and the New Testament, so I actually consider myself and every Christian to be at least half Jewish.

Explains a lot, really, doesn't it?

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl