How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2002, 01:15 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by $VX
snip............... Go get laid or something.

- Ca$h

From your mouth to God's Ears... oh... that's right... I'm an athiest.....(D#mn!!!!)
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 12-20-2002, 02:17 PM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
cash: "i don't like this. I don't like that"
everybody else: "I don't like cash. I don't like neons."
cash :"your grammar sucks"
everybody else:"you AND your grammar suck"
cash: "Waaa waaa waaa"
everybody else: "waa waaa waa"

I see both sides as being whiny. In Cash's defense, you all get mad when he complains about threads and tell him to just ignore what he doesn't like, yet everybody gets all over him for posting about neons. If you don't like the neon posts...IGNORE THEM. Hmmmm, do what you tell others to do...novel idea.

Cash, chill. Don't tell people to get laid, don't tell people to blow you, just chill. Also, avoid the, "get a grasp on the english language and then I'll respect your opinion" stuff because a) we know you'll never respect their opinion and b) poorly written posts get no attention anyway...don't worry about them.

Basically none of the content here is poor, it's just being worded wrong and taken wrong. I think alot of the problem has to do with tonality. When speaking to others, they can hear the inflection of your voice and know your attitude toward the subject. Here, it's just read, no tone, so your words have to be precise to communicate your ideas. So, I hope this comes across clearly, and not as whining. If it does, well then you'll have to excuse me because it's time for my bottle and my nap.
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me
Old 12-20-2002, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SVX10
So, I hope this comes across clearly, and not as whining. If it does, well then you'll have to excuse me because it's time for my bottle and my nap.
Doh! After talking about the importance of accurate speech, I have made a grammar mistake. What I should've said was

So, I hope this comes across clearly, and not as whining. If it does come across as whining, then you'll have to excuse me because it's time for my bottle and my nap.

Just wanted to clear that up (because we all care so much )
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

Old 12-20-2002, 02:46 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SVX10

Doh! After talking about the importance of accurate speech, I have made a grammar mistake. What I should've said was

So, I hope this comes across clearly, and not as whining. If it does come across as whining, then you'll have to excuse me because it's time for my bottle and my nap.

Just wanted to clear that up (because we all care so much )
You made another one:

"I think alot of the problem has to do with tonality."

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 12-20-2002, 03:10 PM

DOH!

Old 12-20-2002, 03:29 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Chill[ing] out thought

You know it is remarkable the number of posts on these forums that run along the line of "Chill out Ca$h" They come on different threads from different people, including one or two from me in the past, but they never get past first base.

Ca$h seems to have room for only one opinion in his head, his own. No one else's opinion counts, certainly does not moderate the aggressive verbal retorts. What this shows is a lack of respect for other users, and not just for their opinions.

Personally, I like a bit of robust discussion, but it should not decend to a personally insulting level. This is not in the spirit of the board nor of the many users.

My advice Rob is leave expressions like "Go get laid or something" off these forums. They don't reflect well on you, and I am pretty sure the rest of us don't need them.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 12-20-2002, 03:42 PM
hotshoe50

Neverending???

My 2 cents worth...

This thread has been dragging on to the point of absurdity.

There are a couple among us who INSIST on misspelling many words and speaking some sort of pig english. As the wise one noted, no one pays much attention to them anyway: nuff said!!!

Personally, I have had enough of all the non SVX chatter. Most SVXers could care less about Neons, Cavaliers, Hummers and the whatevers of this world. We do THIS because we like the SVX, need help or info or just the fun of chatting about this unique set of wheels.

I would like those guys who insist on bantering about other cars to spare us: thats all, and as the ex said, tell someone who cares!!!

Hotshoe
Old 12-20-2002, 03:45 PM
alacrity024

..i'm curious as to whether or not he would be so aggressive in person.. say there were a group of 10 of us sitting around a table and someone ended a sentence with a preposition.. would he explode, telling them to go back to school because they're obviously too ignorant to maintain a full grasp on the english language? somehow I doubt it..

-adam
Old 12-20-2002, 03:46 PM
cjoffe

But I LIKE Hummers!.... oh, the.... nevermind.
Old 12-21-2002, 09:09 AM
$VX

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII
Cash,

I'm a little confused by the grammar in title of this thread.

Can you please explain the difference between, " Anyone completely not into this 'hijack thread;" and, " Anyone not completely into this 'hijack thread ?"

I am also having a hard time understanding why you wish people whom you think are mean and nasty to you should go have sexual intercourse. Sexual intercourse has always been a happy experience for me. Please explain your rationale.
Thanks

Larry III
Nope; I'm not an English major. I do know that they're both worded funny, and that word finds them both 'fragments'. :P

Why would I wish mean people to have sex? So they lighten up. I'm guessing they're mean and nasty because they're sexually frustrated or something.

- Ca$h
Old 12-21-2002, 09:14 AM
$VX

I'm not very aggressive in person. I get along with I'd say 99% of the people I meet. The only time I get really aggressive? When people don't use turn signals or drive in the left lane. :P

- Ca$h

PS: I'm not saying we all need to be 100% perfect in grammar and spelling but things like "dood iwanna get a turbo so the fast and what about 4eat 5spd to install?" are just freaking annoying.
Old 12-21-2002, 09:28 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by $VX

Why would I wish mean people to have sex? So they lighten up. I'm guessing they're mean and nasty because they're sexually frustrated or something.

- Ca$h

So you are a psychologist now?

I have the last words on this thread (so far)

L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 12-21-2002, 04:04 PM
greg

Another word...

You know I have read the useless posts time in and time out. I have noticed a theme that has gone on and and on. I continually wonder when Ca$h will be sent away from this network but to my dismay he is still here. I like the crazy fun grammar here and I usually like to discuss many different cars. I love to hear about peoples ups and downs and most of all I love to learn about SVXs... with that said I want to point out that there seems to be a self-esteem issue with ca$h and his continuous threads that revolve around him, he must have a void in his life that he needs to have filled by firing up those of us here that allow it. That is truely disscouraging that we all feed on his handicap. There are too many of these same exact threads and I just think that maybe one of these will be the last. Is that possible? Ca$h, we have heard enough from you about Neons and people and there many problems, as for the rest of us I know that we all think that this subject has been beat to death...Will it ever end?

-G
Old 12-21-2002, 04:08 PM
$VX

I asked a simple question: Is anyone here not diggin the whole 'post a bunch of stupid crap' thread. I'm one of them, and I was wondering if anyone else agreed. Thats it. If you want to read into it and twist it aroudn somehow so that I'm actually trying to piss people off and I'm a horrible person and this place would be so cool if I left, well... keep dreaming, because none of that is true or going to happen.

- Ca$h