How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 07:40 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

I haven't been to Blue Mountain since before I knew anything about an SVX However, when I was there it was a LOT of fun!

I'd join you guys but I'm heading out west last weekend of January thru first weekend of Feb. to Snowmass and just sent in my deposit. Have a BLAST

Todd
Old 11-19-2007, 07:42 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
I may be there... but not in my SVX... She doesn't get to see snow anymore

Tom
Old 11-20-2007, 02:47 AM
aka sir_romeo

Send a message via MSN to kuroneko_sama Send a message via Yahoo to kuroneko_sama
i work at a hotel that offers ski packages and discount lift tickets. and its less than 1/4 mile to the ski mtn

they also have a shuttle.

i also can get cheap rooms (midweek $153 for one night and 2 adult lift tickets...thats almost 100 bucks cheaper than if you did the room AND tickets seperate) any extra adults would be $33 to include a lift ticket

weekends are limited to 2 night stay on a ski package though at about $480 for 2 adults/2 nights/2 days of skiing each so its basically a weekend stay and 4 lift tickets

anyone ever ski/boarded mt sunapee?

www.sunapeelakelodge.com

www.mountsunapee.com

since i work the reservations, if the room is in my name i could get an employee discount on 2 rooms (59 per night..not including tickets)

we also own the full service resort & spa across the street (a tad more pricy but the rooms are like condos (full bedroom, living room, kitchen, lofts, etc... www.mountainedgeresort.com) i can get a room onthe employee rate of about $200 (i also monitor reservations up there....same owner...same staff)
Car #26..'97 SVX Silver (120k and climbing)
previous SVXi:
Car #24..'94 SVX Ebony 216k (sold)
car #18..'97 SVX LSI "Ebby" Pearl 175k (sold)
car #19..'97 SVX LSI Brilliant Red 103k (sold)
car #14..'92 SVX Claret LS-L Touring (sold)
car #13..'94 SVX Laguna Blue LS (sold)

Last edited by kuroneko_sama; 11-20-2007 at 03:04 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:28 AM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXyGirl View Post
Your abs would certainly get a workout.

Plus you may have to take me to the hospital
Haha. Hey, I'll have the SVX, so I don't mind taking you! If you're going to go to the hospital, might as well go in something stylish like the SVX!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroneko_sama View Post
i work at a hotel that offers ski packages and discount lift tickets. and its less than 1/4 mile to the ski mtn

they also have a shuttle.

i also can get cheap rooms (midweek $153 for one night and 2 adult lift tickets...thats almost 100 bucks cheaper than if you did the room AND tickets seperate) any extra adults would be $33 to include a lift ticket

weekends are limited to 2 night stay on a ski package though at about $480 for 2 adults/2 nights/2 days of skiing each so its basically a weekend stay and 4 lift tickets

anyone ever ski/boarded mt sunapee?

www.sunapeelakelodge.com

www.mountsunapee.com

since i work the reservations, if the room is in my name i could get an employee discount on 2 rooms (59 per night..not including tickets)

we also own the full service resort & spa across the street (a tad more pricy but the rooms are like condos (full bedroom, living room, kitchen, lofts, etc... www.mountainedgeresort.com) i can get a room onthe employee rate of about $200 (i also monitor reservations up there....same owner...same staff)
I really like that idea, but it seems everyone else who is planning to go is in the PA/MD area. We're going to have to just deal with the long drive, I'm afraid. Unless everyone else doesn't mind driving for those excellent deals...

Oh, and I've boarded Mt. Sunapee a couple of times. Good runs, but nothing like VT's mountains...

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap
Old 11-20-2007, 09:09 AM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Ok, we have no solid dates yet, so perhaps we can work around folks previous engagements. Please put down your name if you'd be interested in attending and next to it, any dates you may not be able to make as of right now. I'm diffidently thinking Pocono's is the best as of right now, because of the direction people are coming from, both east and west, and south, i kinda want something in the middle of everyone.

In addition, some folks who aren't exactly ski experts, something like NH/VT even the beginner slopes are pretty tough for novice skiers.

1. Jay
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 11-20-2007, 10:55 AM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Yeah, Im a complete skiing newb. Mark me down!

1. Jay
2. Eric

Febuary, like your first post mentioned, works very well for me. The further away from the holidays, the more likely Ill be able to afford it
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 11-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric View Post
Febuary, like your first post mentioned, works very well for me. The further away from the holidays, the more likely Ill be able to afford it
Ditto!

1. Jay
2. Eric
3. Craig

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap
Old 11-20-2007, 12:58 PM
OOC for a while

Send a message via AIM to 94SubieSVX
1. Jay
2. Eric
3. Craig
4. Bill and my g/f.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:37 PM
J. Bond

Send a message via AIM to ~*~JenSVX~*~
Definitely interested depending on a date being set. I'm 110% agreeing with the whole further from the holidays the better though...

www.longislandsubaruclub.com

LISC member #50
Old 11-20-2007, 11:19 PM
aka sir_romeo

Send a message via MSN to kuroneko_sama Send a message via Yahoo to kuroneko_sama
well even if nobody is interested in the offer i made for a gathering, it still stands.

if anyone wants to plan a getaway or something, ill help ya out. ill call it the "SVX Discount" just pm me if your ever interested and ill hook ya up... any season (though we pack up fast for motorcycle week in laconia, fall foliage, league of NH crafstmans fair, and the NASCAR race weekends)
Car #26..'97 SVX Silver (120k and climbing)
previous SVXi:
Car #24..'94 SVX Ebony 216k (sold)
car #18..'97 SVX LSI "Ebby" Pearl 175k (sold)
car #19..'97 SVX LSI Brilliant Red 103k (sold)
car #14..'92 SVX Claret LS-L Touring (sold)
car #13..'94 SVX Laguna Blue LS (sold)

Last edited by kuroneko_sama; 11-20-2007 at 11:23 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:51 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Depending on date, Im interested!
Old 12-05-2007, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroneko_sama View Post
well even if nobody is interested in the offer i made for a gathering, it still stands.
I appriciate hte offer, but the reason I figured the poconos would be ideal is because it's a 2-6hr drive for about 10-15 people on the network. New Hampshire would be a significantly longer drive, and difficult for people to make for just a saturday/sunday type trip.

Here's my proposed timeframe:

If folks left around 7am saturday, they could be in the pocono's by noon or so, and you'd have most of the day saturday to ski/drink. Then a good evening with perhaps dinner and wine, followed by an evening of shooting the ****(drinking) until wee hours of the morning, then sleep. Sunday you could wake up at your leisure, find a local breakfast place or chow down on the continental. Then perhaps seeing the mountain areas and sights, there's some very nice areas up there that could quite possibly make for good photo shoots. Could also ski the sunday mid day package, folks will start to drift to their cars and make their way home through-out the day, arriving home between 3-9pm.

We're at 5 now, lets see if we can get 5-10 more. I'm in contact with a few hotels in the area up there, depending on the mountain we choose. Personally I like blue mountain, but jack frost & big boulder have many attractions as well, including tubing and snow-mobile gocarts, which would be a good time for the non-ski type folks. Let me know what you want to do.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 12-05-2007, 07:04 AM

Ok, here's some pricing that i've managed to figure out:

Blue Mountain:
Less than 15 people-

15 people or more-

Jack Frost/Big Boulder:
Less than 15 people-

15 people or more-

There is also Montage Mountain, in Scranton, PA that is nice.

So would people just want to ski, or would folks want to tube and such as well? Once that's figured out i'll get some hotel rates, since the mountain rates are pretty much all the same.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:05 PM
OOC for a while

Send a message via AIM to 94SubieSVX
If I do go I wouldn't be snowboarding/ski/tubing. Just to tag along and hang out.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:21 PM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim
I'd go depending on date. And i really want to use my blue mountain ticket
2012 Camry V6 SE