Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2006, 09:45 AM
Live it, Love it, Breathe it

Send a message via Yahoo to SVX-FF
1. Earthworm
2. Earthworm's dad
3. svxfreq
X. svx-ff (meet monster sucked me dry, it likes green)
4. Dza
5. Suby Fan

Maybe I should switch to Canadian money. You all have multi color money, right?

Steve(still partless)

SVXepidia SVX information warehouse
Are you in?

My Old Locker

A 4.11 Founding Father
"Tranny #6" I really need a manual

Reading IX

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ya I was there
Old 04-25-2006, 01:05 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Steve, you should still come...even if you have to ride with someone else.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:52 PM
#073 of 301

Hey guys, I've made some decisions lately based on my finances which affect my SVX.

I am selling the 19" wheels I picked up over the winter, and I will not be proceeding with any of my intended mods (ECUtune stage 2v5, ben's brakes, koni/gc, smallcar goodies, splitters, etc.). I need the money for other more important things that have come up *sigh*. Stupid life, always getting in the way. Actually, I'm getting married, etc. so it's good stuff mostly.

I will still be at the meet, and I'll have new tires (on my stock wheels) by then, but none of the fun stuff will be added. Looking forward to the meet!
Barcelona Red '93 AE #073 of 301, 168k miles.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
hehe, you can't bail now...it's barely a week away
Old 04-29-2006, 01:49 AM
#073 of 301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
hehe, you can't bail now...it's barely a week away
We'll see after I take my car in on Monday. I had a crazy issue over the last few days with huge power loss (limp home mode engaged?). So the list of things I need checked, fixed, and changed on Monday goes like this:

Brake pads (0%,0%,5%, 5% lol) and maybe even rotors
4 new tires (not going on the highway with the dead ones I have)
Stuck lifter (can't leave it any longer, this one is the killer)
Knock sensors (CEL, price++)
O2 sensors (CEL, oh god more $$)
Battery (toast, damnit, $$)
Alternator check, then mod if it checks out OK
Odd power loss issue (?)
Rear wheel bearing they fixed is acting up after about 1000 km, though I instructed them not to use packing grease, etc
3 Windshield chips, no more highway damage please
3 new wiper blades, as metal on window wont cut it for trans canada in the rain

The price tag on this is going to cripple me. I *just* had enough for tires then the gas and food for the trip, but this may be the end of me with the battery dying and the rest of this crap happening at once.

...not to mention all the small stuff like, I won't have time to flat-black the wiper arms, sand and have the spoiler sprayed, get a beauty skirt for my head unit and a DIN pocket for the gaping hole, escaine cleaner needed, car shoots white smoke on startup, back wiper nozzle nonfunctional, droopy visors, busted ashtray, and so forth.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:02 AM
6MT STi-ified, now with R180!

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny
It occurs to me that if you're having power loss, and your knock sensors triggering a CEL, then the two are probably related (i.e. computer is retarding your timing). Also, it's not unheard of for a noisy lifter to trigger a knock sensor.
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.
1994 LSI The legendary "Shotgun Slade" 110k mi and still going strong!

2005 Outback XT Limited 5MT, Obsidian Black Pearl, 211k km, daily driver.
1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!
2007 Honda CR-V, some awful shade of light green *yawn*

1992 LS-L Touring, Ebony Mica, 176k kms. Parts car. SCRAPPED.
1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*
Old 04-29-2006, 11:24 AM
#073 of 301

Ya, I'm hoping it's all one big related thing that can be fixed by doing the knock sensors, O2 sensor and lifters. More $$ than I was expected, especially since I have to do brakes and tires too. I don't know if they can get the sensors in this week, plus installed so I can leave Friday. We'll see.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Meow!

OK, I put together a rough schedule for the meet (sorry about the late notice)

Friday May 5:
- early arrivals
- no events scheduled

Saturday May 6:
- 10am - 11:30am: breakfast/meet/arrive @ restaurant of choice
- noon: photoshoot (multiple locations TBA)
- 3pm - Kart racing at speedworld.ca $25 + $5 membership fee (these are not your children's go-karts!)
- a cruise may be substituted instead of karting
- 6pm - Bison feast ($ - TBA)

Sunday May 7:
- breakfast?
- options?
- departures

My cell phone is 204-471-0080 for those who need help finding Winnipeg
Email - david@svx-iw.com
Old 05-03-2006, 05:35 PM
#073 of 301

Just got the call from my mechanic today. They've had my car since Sunday and all they managed to do was tires and brake pads. Typical BS.

They said the lifter would be about $1k or more as they would have to pull the engine, and replace vaccum lines and brittle hoses, etc. They also did not do the knock sensors nor O2 sensors even though I left the ****ing How To on the passenger seat.

When I picked up the car, the tick from the lifter was much worse than it has ever been before.

I have to get all this crap figured out and taken care of this weekend, so I won't be at the meet. This sucks, but **** happens... especially on an SVX as you all know.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:45 PM
Meow!

So can anyone make it or has this meet been officially postponed?
Old 05-04-2006, 01:40 PM
Meow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
So can anyone make it or has this meet been officially postponed?
I'm officially postponing this meet until further notice due to commitment issues.

The weather was looking good too (despite it snowing right now)

I'll probably still be going karting on saturday but will be inviting a bunch of local "non-SVX owners"

I'd be interested to know when people would be able to attend this meet if I hold it later this year.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:11 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny
As long as there's plenty of notice, I might be able to arrange something... I'd really like to go.
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.

1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!

1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*
Old 05-04-2006, 05:12 PM
Meow!

Define "plenty"
Old 05-04-2006, 05:19 PM

a couple weeks? Not sure... I'm still getting to know how things work at my new job, still sizing up the boss, etc.... As much notice as you can, I guess.

In the end it will all depend on if either of the "new" Ebony or Alice are up for a road trip by that point. Alice needs a tranny swap and the Ebony needs... I don't even know yet. A radiator for starters (on its way). Throwing tranny codes, jerky shifting, binding in reverse, and the odd CEL are all signs that say, "I'm not going on the highway with you." Hopefully most of that crap is covered under the Lubrico warranty...

Last edited by Nemesis Destiny; 05-04-2006 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:26 PM
Meow!

Need to revive this. I want to try to actually hold this meet sometime in august or early september before it starts getting cold.

For those who are interested tell me which weekends are good for you (reply here or email as PM's are full) and I will try to accomodate as many as possible.

Your SVX doesn't have to be perfect or even present...as long as you are here