How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2004, 01:29 AM
Crash

Never heard that version. I saw the fiddle thing in The Peoples Almanac. You might be right. Either way it blew up more than it should. Of course I'm sure der ain't muuch tew dew in dem parts beesides shewt ait ich uther.
Old 05-21-2004, 01:36 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally posted by Crash
Harry, I think you are a really nice guy with that kind of humor that likes to 'push it'. I
Thanks for the comment. Most everyone that's met me knows my strange humor. I always make an effort to tell people that I'm joking. The people I joke around here on the forums KNOW that I'm joking and they also find amusement in jabbing me back. Heck, I've even poke fun at myself for fun. Ask Randy, ask TheMarine, ask anyone else that I've exchanged words with.
Old 05-21-2004, 01:56 AM
Crash

I understand where you are coming from. This is the only sight I really visit. But I don't have much time here to be comfortable enough yet to really push things. I have a girlfriend that picks enough fights (daily). So here I like to stay neutral. But if you like we can fight over a fiddle or dead pig or whatever us Kentuckians fight about. I fart in your general direction
Old 05-21-2004, 03:47 AM
Sue isn't really striped

I'm kinda surprised the mods haven't stepped in on this one much, if only to ask pissed-off people not to pm chris until they know more about what's happening.

I don't disagree with noir posting about the conflict, since I think it's his fate being decided and therefore his choice whether he keeps it private or not. And people are wondering about the recent conflict anyhow, so trying to keep it secret seems useless.

Old 05-21-2004, 07:12 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally posted by Alycone
I'm kinda surprised the mods haven't stepped in on this one much, if only to ask pissed-off people not to pm chris until they know more about what's happening.
We (the moderators) all get pissed off PMs on a regular basis. I just write it off as one of the fringe benefits of volunteering my time as a moderator

As for this thread, it has been very civil. Most mods have been following very closely so it doesn't get out of hand, and then discussing it behind the scenes.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 05-21-2004, 08:02 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Hmmm, now that I see thee reason why all of this is taking place I must say.......How retarded do we have to be?!?! This is not a big deal at all... Chris can do whatever he likes with HIS network. We are all just along for the ride. If one day he wants to pull the plug for some reason (whatever it may be) then we are all out of luck .... My suggestion would be to not get to involved with the "members" of the forums... As the owner and operator of this site Chris should be respected. However after seeing the posts that he made in the chat room..... It just doesn't look very professional at all... It's like a Major going out and telling one of his Staff NCO's to do something and the SNCO joking back with him. The Major obviously didn't like it so he "whipped the SNCO's butt into shape"... The worst part is that the Major (Chris) talked about Harry with other members on a personal level (i.e. the name calling and "venting)... I can garontee ya that if I heard any of my officers talking bad about me in a way that was unprofessional I would loose almost all respect for them. Sure I would respect thier position and thier "rank", but the more important thing is that they are respected as people. That's when you can really influence someone, when that respect level is there.

As far as this whole thing goes I think that there should be some nice PM's exchanged between Harry and Chris. Harry needs to realize that, like the rest of us, Chris and the Mod's are here to correct us when we get outta line. However, the Mods and Administrators should never get personal with members... If the members leave then what do ya have??? Just a pile of $10,000 computer parts with vBulletin and noone to comunicate with. See we need eachother. Just like the military. The Officers Need the Enlisted to support the military and do all the actual work. But we need the officers to provide structure and leadership... It's a balanced cycle... Just like this... The pilots know how to fly the plane, I know how to fix it... Without both of us ya don't have anything... I need to lay off the analogies Well all I'm trying to say is that lets all get along and enjoy the time here. It's not a big deal when someone misunderstands ya. It's the internet, it's gonna happen. Harry and Chris, you two need to make up and try to learn eachother's personalities a little better. IN PRIVATE.... There should be no influence from anyone at all... This started between them two, and it needs to finish with them.

There's my lecture

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 05-21-2004, 08:04 AM

I know I'm not the best person to talk about arguing on here ... But I've tried to change and I hope that some people have noticed it. We all need an overhaul everynow and then..

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 05-21-2004, 08:07 AM
Recluse

Send a message via MSN to Darksied-X Send a message via Yahoo to Darksied-X
I've waited until I heard both sides to post, so here's my $.02.

This seems like nothing more than an escalating overreaction to a simple miscommunication by the both of you, with some possible (though not neccissarily intentional) outside instigation on both ends.

So, the questions now is how to reslove it, and I think there are really only two valid choices. One, you both could stop all of this right now by apologizing to each other, shaking hands, calling it done, and buying each other a beer at Reading next year. Or second, you both could take a few weeks away from the site to cool off. The problem with this is that though you may both cool off, the issue would not be resolved and you would both continually habor anger towards each other. Now, considering you both have already apoligized to the other on several occations since this began, I think you've both already made a step in the right direction, but it's up to the both of you to finish it.

Personally, I would hate to see either of you go anywhere for any length of time, let alone permanently, or have any kind of ongoing conflict. And I think the majority of the members here would agree.

Chris, although you and I really haven't interacted much during my time here, and I really can't say that I know you very well, I do want you to know that I have nothing but the utmost respect for you, for the time, money, and effort you have put into making this place what it is.

Harry, you and I have interacted on serveral occations, and taken more than a few shots at each other, and it was all in good fun. You have a way of livening things up around here, and I would hate for this place to lose that.

Finally, to anyone who may have jumped to conclusions and tried to place the blame on someone for something I feel there was no blame to place, I think you owe some apologies, out of respect if nothing else.

I sincerely hope that the two of you can put an end to this quickly and amicably, and that all of us can use this as a lesson to remember that in an environment like that, personallity clashes are enevitable, just don't rush to pass judgement.

But like I said, this is nothing but my $.02, take it as you will.

'03 WRX Wagon, World Rally Blue
'94 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red
'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
(and legally, an '01 Outback VDC skankmobile)
Old 05-21-2004, 09:05 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Hmmm, .. It's like a Major going out and telling one of his Staff NCO's to do something and the SNCO joking back with him. The Major obviously didn't like it so he "whipped the SNCO's butt into shape"... The worst part is that the Major (Chris) talked about Harry with other members on a personal level (i.e. the name calling and "venting)... I can garontee ya that if I heard any of my officers talking bad about me in a way that was unprofessional I would loose almost all respect for them. Sure I would respect thier position and thier "rank", but the more important thing is that they are respected as people. That's when you can really influence someone, when that respect level is there.

Just like the military. The Officers Need the Enlisted to support the military and do all the actual work. But we need the officers to provide structure and leadership... It's a balanced cycle... Just like this... The pilots know how to fly the plane, I know how to fix it... Without both of us ya don't have anything...

There's my lecture
Chris,

After that speech, I can't understand why you don't get more girls.

'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 05-21-2004, 09:08 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by civic_slayer
I don't want to be anymore a part of this than I already am, but I was there and feel like I'm part of it because of this. I just hope that once this is all over and done with, everything will be peachy again.

Keith
Keith,

There are times you have to know what/when not to type stuff on the IRC.

Everyone:

Harry is not banned from the forums or the IRC. I can confirm the IRC. There is no ban list on the server/#svx.

Being banned from #SVX(IRC Channel) and being banned from the site are two different things. The operation of #svx and the forums are two different things too. #SVX is a fast paced real time chat and you have to catch up on things quickly.

All I can say currently is that Chris is takeing his time off IRC and the forums and ANYONE else who might need a time out should do so for a week or two.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 05-21-2004, 09:10 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by Darksied-X
I've waited until I heard both sides to post, so here's my $.02.

This seems like nothing more than an escalating overreaction to a simple miscommunication by the both of you, with some possible (though not neccissarily intentional) outside instigation on both ends.

I fully agreed. At the same time, it has been going on for a while now. It is my opinion that both sides are stressed over some of their own personal issues and they may be trying to take it out on each other
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 05-21-2004, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII

Chris,

After that speech, I can't understand why you don't get more girls.

Hehehehe, I turn almost everything into an analogy

Old 05-21-2004, 10:07 AM
Porter

When all else fails, I use butter.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:17 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX

Hehehehe, I turn almost everything into an analogy
In that case, this is for you

http://www.enotalone.com/article/2236.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I would be a young man again and had to decide how to make my living, I
would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather
choose to be a plumber or a peddler in the hope to find that modest degree
of independence still available under present circumstances.
-- Albert Einstein, The Reporter, November 18 1954
Old 05-21-2004, 10:40 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Porter
When all else fails, I use butter.
I didn't know Mike Meyers drove an SVX and was on this site as Porter.

'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!