SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2003, 07:22 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Guess what??

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

if you did that to me you wouldn't be walking away.
We went to my cabin in NY - the adirondack mtns snowmobiling last year. Its about 8 miles into the woods. 1 guy ran out of cigarettes. We went on a mercy mission to town on the snowmobiles - about 15 miles. We got back and the guy I was riding with told the smoker who had stayed behind at the cabin that he bought some but they fell out of his pocket on the trail somewhere. After dinner the smoker was inside the cabin struggling and we were outside by the campfire. We pulled out the cigarettes and all of us (nonsmokers) started puffing away. Man, I've never seen someone so happy and angry at the same time.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:52 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Guess what??

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

if you did that to me you wouldn't be walking away.
You might be right. I might be running, but then your huffing puffying clogged up lung ass wouldn't be able to catch me. :P

- Rob
Old 05-29-2003, 07:59 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Isn't it sad, Kellie, that your kudos post gets dragged down by some inane argument? Congrats on doing the window yourself!!!!

~~Michelle
(P.S. I've been a non-smoker for 5 years after smoking for 10. It's very very hard to quit. I'll never smoke again, but I'm not an ass around smokers.)

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*
Old 05-29-2003, 08:00 PM
Hater

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Guess what??

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane

You might be right. I might be running, but then your huffing puffying clogged up lung ass wouldn't be able to catch me. :P

- Rob
as you're running, you'd feel a hard sting as the Zippo hits you in the back of the skull. the last thing you see before you fade into unconsciousness is me putting out my cigarette on your forehead. :P

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 05-29-2003, 08:02 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx

Enough................

*still have '92 parts*
Old 05-29-2003, 08:04 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by thndrmtn92svx
Enough................
relax, i'm havin' fun.

oh yeah, good job, Kelli.

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 05-29-2003, 08:12 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx

Just being "mom" here.......
Can't let you guys get out of hand.... (again...)

*still have '92 parts*
Old 05-29-2003, 09:00 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Congrats on the window. Too bad you're only fixing it to help you sell it. I had my door panel off a few days ago in an attempt to repair the window switches. 3 of the 4 switches on the cluster were broken. Tomorrow the cluster goes back in.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:28 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Angry Re: Re: Re: Re: Guess what??

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chicane
[B]

I have to sit up wind from camp fires, and any inconsiderate prick who smokes some place makes it hard for me to breath. Secondly, smokers are inconsiderate. Ever notice how public buildings have that 'do not smoke within 50 ft of entrance' sign? Yeah, see how many smokers follow that rule when it's cold outside. NONE. SO instead, I have to walk through their stench and irritate my lungs, thanks to the habit that smokers never admit they startedin the first place.

Hey - I'm with Rob on this one. Only difference, it ain't smoke that bothers me, hell, I quit that habit over a year ago, & I'll agree, it's harder than to quit than the heroine habit. Good thing for me I have I steady flow of crack cocaine from the local high school, or I'd still be puffin' away.

No, what I find unbearable is FOOD!!! Yes....Has anyone besides me noticed that it's everywhere?! Look at all the obesity around us! And it's LEGAL! (So far). Look.... I have a metabolism problem. When I eat I gain weight! Yes, pounds 'o fat! Far more people die of overweight related diseases (diabetes, heart failure, heat exhaustion, being hit by a bus due to being too slow to get out of its way, etc.) and yet we stand by like sheep & let, even encourage our fellow human beings devour more & more Supersized GreaseBurgers with the optional "Wheelbarrow 'o Fries" & OPEC Barrel 'o root beer.

Today I walked into a grocery store. Guess what I saw there. FOOD! Everywhere!! It was seductively packaged. It was ON SALE!!! "Here, Tubby, come buy one bag 'o tater chips & get ANOTHER bag FREE"!!

I walk into a public Restaurant! People were eating IN FRONT OF OTHER PEOPLE!! The smells of pasta, & bread, & meat sauce, & sausages were everywhere. Did ONE patron turn, look at me, and APOLOGIZE for displaying the cornucopia of calories that was heaped before them?!
Hah! The message was, "Screw you, you thyroid impaired ball 'o Crisco, we can gorge ourselves, die of clogged arteries, & there ain't a freakin' thing you can do about it"!!

I leave this orgy of rudeness, step outside, & what do I run into but a FOOD kiosk. Sure, more smells; this time juicy weiners with drippin' chili & kraut, with a crowd of big bellied kids with dollar bills extended to the vendor.

I head back to work. I get into the elevator. Oh, no! There's a person devouring one of those "wraps" - full of turkey, cheese, bacon & who knows what else. I seriously doubt if the question "Mind if I do chow"? was asked of any passengers. That did it. As the door opened for my floor, I said, "Mind if have a bite, 'o yer sandwich"?
The person looked incredulous. That's when I grabbed it & stuffed it in her face with a grinding motion aimed at her nostrils. Lucky for me I made out of the elevator car before she could get the brakes of her wheelchair loosened & give chase. But I hope she got my message, because as I was running I hollered, "Next time you eat in public, I want to see you 50 feet from the front of this building"!

I walk into my office. The receptionist says, "Did you have a nice lunch, Ron"? We had a big, juicy pizza with sausage, pepperoni, ham & double cheese". "It was really (burp) great". "Are you coming to the company bull roast this weekend"? I hear there's gonna be TONS 'o roast beef, pit ham...&......&......

Ron - back in office. Find stale piece of chewing gum. Chew it. (burp) Gain two pounds.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 05-30-2003, 04:25 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Ron,

Blue Crab & Old Bay are not fattening, if you don't touch the butter sauce, beer, & potato salad.....hint, hint hint.

Oh and you'd better steer clear of the canoli, that tray is mine

PS: It's the cardboard from those Boxi-O-Wine that adds the weight.

Larry (Trying to figure out how many calories are in a shot of scotch)III
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 05-30-2003, 08:57 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

go kelli

go job kelli. now if you can change a flat (which i think you can), i'll call around to see if we can get you the 'kelli show' on tv.

ron's right. we should have laws controlling the 'food dealers'. we should work for food tickets that can be used to redeem a standard amount of food per meal, no less no more. each food ticket should be worth 2 slices of bread, 1 cup of soup, and a cup of water. the government should shut down chocolate factories, potato chip factories, and all the restaurants out there. grocery stores should be restricted to sell only bread, soup, and water. everything else should be outlawed. death sentences for those who tries to sell these contrabands. wait screw this, i'm moving to mexico. become a big junk food cartel.

nice post ron...still have a big smile on my face. my boss probably thinks i just hit it off with one of the fine fine saleswomen lol.

landshark it would be easy to catch rob. all you would have to do is blow smoke at him. it'd be like kryptonite to superman. rob we know your weakness. be nice or we'll have to tie you up to a chair and puff ciggies all day in an unventilated room.

i don't smoke, if people want to smoke let them smoke. then i again, i think people who do crack, cocaine, and heroin has the right to until they try to steal from me or any others. if they can support their own habit, it doen't bother me a bit.
Old 05-30-2003, 10:02 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Ron,
Thanks for the humor! I'm waiting for someone to write up a post about the connection between smoking and food
Landshark - liked your "hurled Zippo" line

Seriously, as someone who's mother is allergic to cigarette smoke, I'm in ThunderMountain's camp -- I don't hassle smokers, but then again I don't want them anywhere near me while they're smoking (i.e., I'm cool with them as long as they're not smoking around me). This said, my 9 year old daughter gave me the "evil eye" when I lit up a cigar that was given me at a neighbor's party last weekend - had to assure her that "Daddy only smokes these on special occassions" - still took her over a day not to be "mad" at me....ah, the wisdom of the young
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 05-30-2003, 10:13 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Another thing... why is it that when giving a ride to a smoker they feel that they should have the right to light up in your car. I've had quite a few (cute) girls do this to me, and I basically say there is no way you're lighting up in here, if you do, you're freaking walking. Seriouisly, wtf? You know what I want to do? I want to go outside, sit next to a bunch of smokers, and just let out a GIGANTIC FART. When they all look disgusted, I'll just say "What, you don't like it when I make you smell like crap!? GEE MAYBE I DON"T LIKE WALKING THROUGH YOUR SMOKE!"

arhg.

- Rob
Old 05-30-2003, 10:22 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
Another thing... why is it that when giving a ride to a smoker they feel that they should have the right to light up in your car. I've had quite a few (cute) girls do this to me, and I basically say there is no way you're lighting up in here, if you do, you're freaking walking. Seriouisly, wtf? You know what I want to do? I want to go outside, sit next to a bunch of smokers, and just let out a GIGANTIC FART. When they all look disgusted, I'll just say "What, you don't like it when I make you smell like crap!? GEE MAYBE I DON"T LIKE WALKING THROUGH YOUR SMOKE!"

arhg.

- Rob
See, the only real problem I have with your posts in this thread, Rob, is that you're lumping all smokers into the same group. I don't like smoking, either - I hate it. But I do know that, just like any group of people that share something in common (whether it be something obvious like color of their skin, or something minor like an activity or habit like smoking), some smokers are decent people and some are jerks.

I've had people assume that they can light up in my car, and I've had people ask permission. I have friends that ignore no smoking signs and I have friends who won't even smoke in front of their kids.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 05-30-2003, 03:46 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

See, the only real problem I have with your posts in this thread, Rob, is that you're lumping all smokers into the same group.
Yep. And I know that there might be some considerate smokers, but even they perpetuate the 'smoking habit'. Screw em.

If my fiance is ever killed somehow I think I'm going to devote my life to becoming an anti tobacco company vigilante.

- Rob