How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-10-2004, 12:38 PM

Unhappy Hit and run

Okay guys, story time.

I recently moved to St. Augustine, Florida to take on my dad's company while he is in rehab. Thats all well and good, I've done this before when he went to jail, I'm able to do this with no problem. I packed my bags and drove my nice little 92 SVX down to good ole St. Augustine. I mean cmon, oldest city in the country. Too bad, you know, this being Florida, it also has some of the oldest people in the country.

Anyway, that explains why I am down here instead of chilling in the Atlanta area. The people here don't know how to drive, I swear. They just don't like to look both ways I guess. Too much trouble to turn their heads and all.

Hokay, so. Now that that is taken care of, I'll explain a bit of my day. Wake up, go downstairs, get dressed, go to work. Twelve rolls around. Woot woot, lunch break! Awesome, alright, considering today has totally sucked. Lost three big contracts doing some asbestos and lead abatement, got chewed out by another person because our rates are too high, etc. So now it is 12 and it is lunch time and I have the perfect place in mind. Theos, a local burger joint. Home made bread that is to die for, so good that you could just forget the entire burger part and just snack on a few buns.

I go into Theos and one of the waiters, like usual, asks me whats up with the little line thing in my windows. I explain my car to him, he tells me he has never seen one, etc. I feel like a celebrity, per usual, since I have a unique car and all. He leads me to my table, I sit down, get my nice, juicy double burger with bacon, extra cheese, and all of the heart stopping power of insanely high cholesterol. Mmm, good, juicy burger. I can still feel my arteries clogging up.

I enjoy this burger, it is a near orgasmic experience in every bite. I pay, leave a few bucks as a tip, and I go outside. My heart just stops when I look at my car. This isn't anything out of the ordinary, every time I see my baby my world just stops for a few moments while I drool at it and try to rationalize how such a great car could be mine. Well, this time, it was for another reason.

There is a huge dent on the passenger side of the car. Right near the rear bumper, RIGHT beside the gas tank. I couldn't believe that someone had hit my car. No other cars were around my car when I pulled in, and no cars were near it when I looked at the vehicle in question, that glorious onyx SVX of mine. It looked like someone backed up into it and went all down it for about a foot then peeled off once they noticed what happened.

No note, no word, no nothing. I went back inside and looked around, maybe the person was still there and parked on the other side of the building. I talked to the owner of the place who proceeded to question the fine individuals whom were lunching within such a nice establishment. No one fessed up. We examined all the cars outside, all of them were in pristine shape, except for this little Honda Civic that belonged to one of the waiters (Actually, the one who was talking to me earlier) that was totally beat to hell and about to fall apart. I knew it wasn't him, he was constantly hovering over my glass of coke the entire time because I can suck down some beverage faster than my car can guzzle down the premium gasoline.

I went back inside, thanked the owner of the place for his help in the matter and left. I would have called the cops to file a police report, but I am only 18, I have a speeding ticket and a not-at-fault accident (which is the reason I now have the SVX), and parents who can't drive and have horrible records. My insurance is collision only, I can't afford comprehensive. It looks like only about five or six hundred dollars, so it doesn't even come close to the deductable, if I had one. What really irks me, other than the fact that the car is damaged, is that I've had it for less than a month. I must have the worst luck with cars ever.

I guess all that is left is to mourn for the loss of the "pristine" condition of my 1992 Black SVX.

*Sighs*

130k miles when I bought her May 28th

June 10th, 2004 -- Never forget. Well, at least I won't =( *Mourns for his rear-quarter panel*

September 20, 2005 -- The day she finally gave up the fight

April 25th, 2006 -- Bought another SVX!

'92 Teal on Black Subaru SVX LS-L with the touring package. 133k miles when bought on April 25th.

... 135908 as of May 7th =)
Old 06-10-2004, 12:48 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

I'm sorry to hear man. Funny, the dent on your car is in the same location where someone hit my wife's car last week, while in the parking lot at her office. She also had no note left on her windshield...

Some people amaze me at times! Such a dishonest thing to do...

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 06-10-2004, 01:54 PM

I was also a victim of a hit and run while parked at Syracuse University for a basketball celebration after they won the national championship. Ruined front drivers side fender and turn signal and a little bit of the hood. Replaced the turn signal, but I am still searching for a claret fender and the signal doesnt fit quite right because of the bent fender.

Made me soo mad, hit and runners are serious cowards/losers.

Caleb
Old 06-10-2004, 02:03 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Florida drivers are some of the worst, but they don't top Michigan drivers, who I have declared The Worst I've Ever Seen. Florida drivers have some excuses - they're old, or drunk, or both. Michigan drivers are just mean and stupid.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 06-10-2004, 02:17 PM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Florida drivers are some of the worst, but they don't top Michigan drivers, who I have declared The Worst I've Ever Seen. Florida drivers have some excuses - they're old, or drunk, or both. Michigan drivers are just mean and stupid.
I would have to agree that MI drivers are pretty darn bad. The MI no fault law is even worse. IMHO I think Chicago drivers are among the worst I have ever seen. I have driven in many different parts of the country. Chicago is the worst that I have seen.

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock
Old 06-10-2004, 02:22 PM

Thanks guys, I feel a little better now.

Sorry about such a long post, I just needed to vent about my troubles and what better place to post about such an incident, right?

It really sucks I'm not the only one this sort of thing has happened to. I hate hearing about this kind of crap =/

130k miles when I bought her May 28th

June 10th, 2004 -- Never forget. Well, at least I won't =( *Mourns for his rear-quarter panel*

September 20, 2005 -- The day she finally gave up the fight

April 25th, 2006 -- Bought another SVX!

'92 Teal on Black Subaru SVX LS-L with the touring package. 133k miles when bought on April 25th.

... 135908 as of May 7th =)
Old 06-10-2004, 02:28 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Thumbs up

It was interesting how you included a description of everything that was happening in your life leading up to the hit-n-run incident. I could almost taste that juicy bacon burger... MMMmmmmmm!

-Chike
Quote:
Originally posted by Xodi-SVX
Thanks guys, I feel a little better now.

Sorry about such a long post, I just needed to vent about my troubles and what better place to post about such an incident, right?

It really sucks I'm not the only one this sort of thing has happened to. I hate hearing about this kind of crap =/

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 06-10-2004, 03:43 PM
The Croupier

God I hate these post's
I still feel you're pain http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...threadid=16628
I still have no progress on this & not much hope allthough I am going to try & persue action. So sorry to hear about ur ride
03 Yamaha V-star custom /classic 3k
Old 06-10-2004, 04:24 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Your post made me hungry, and then sick. Sorry to hear about your car. Hope everything comes out ok.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 06-10-2004, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Now that I've got my AARP card and double-drink Wally-World-Wedgie cup holder.....

Actually, real Florida drivers aren't so bad, it's the combination of the various bad habits the transplanted people bring with them that makes it so.

Ever driven in Boston's rush hour?
Only place I personally have seen a worse free-for-all was in Pakistan.

Want to minimize exposure to MI drivers while in FL? Early in the year they seem to congregate around the Lakeland/Winter Haven area.

Hint: I think they go there to catch the Tiger's spring training games.