Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2006, 03:47 PM
Ren-Ma Osu

1994 Pearl LSi 37,165 miles in my driveway : )

Oops I did it again. I bought a second SVX. My other one is a 1994 SVX L FWD Laguna Blue with custom Motorsports Leather seats. I bought the Pearl from the original owner, a 79 year old guy with PMS. It was too good to pass up. The car drives very very well and is fast.

The tires are Mirada on stock rims. The rims are okay. I would get something custom. It needs a drivers door sill and one more remote -- which I just ordered. The interior is excellent. The owner never used the moon roof and didn't know how to operate it -- it works perfectly. Even the visors stay up. He only used the cd player once, and this works perfectly. The front mat, especially the driver's side is worn. The front bumper has a missing paint area, so does the rear bumper, the driver's side front fender has a ding, and the passenger side door has two tiny dings that could be removed with the paintless method. The rear spoiler has two chip areas and could benefit from repainting.

The owner gave me a receipt for 1300 and change from last month to replace two front cats and head pipes. I spoke to the dealer where he bought the car and they told me it was well taken care of. The car also just passed inspection.

I had my local guy change the oil, check all fluids, tire pressure etc. I gave him a Subaru filter. He said everything underneath looked good. He said brake pads are still good. If I keep the car I will replace rotors, pads, and cables with raceconcepts dimpled/slotted.

The only thing the owner didn't remember if he had changed the timing belt.

The car also came with a custom fitted gray car cover that's in good condition, but has a few stains.

At 27,000 miles he had all fluids changed inc tranny and diffs, and 2 new 02 sensors

So there it is. I can't believe I now own such a low mileage SVX. Unbelievable.

Oh yeah, I'm getting the window tints removed on Monday -- they were in bad shape.

I know Jeff, who live a few miles from me might be interested in the Pearlie.

My son told me he likes the look of the Pearlie better than the blue and would be happy to drive either in 2 years to his senior year in High School.

Maybe I do need two.