Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 07:30 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Words of encouragement and thanks to our soldiers.

Good morning, all! After reading Steve's (wasions) thread asking for prayers and encouragement, I decided to start this thread as a reposit for all to place letters of thanks and encouragement to our soldiers. I think that even though we know and trust most of us here in the network, it is still a public place available for anyone to read. Since it would be unwise to list personal information of family and friends who are in the military, I would suggest this as a place to post generic well-wishes and encouragement for our soldiers so that those of us with family and friends serving our fine nation can copy and forward them via email or snail mail to our loved ones abroad. Having nephews in the service I will forward to them each post here along with the name of the member who wrote it so that they may know that they are thought of and loved for the greatest of all sacrifices that they make to defend our freedoms. I would suggest that others who know those in the military do the same.

May the Lord bless all the children who defend our lives as well as bless all who think of them with love and pride for the sacrifices they make on our behalf.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 03-31-2003, 10:33 AM
Yeah, it's a poodle - so what?

I've noticed the huge difference in the way we treat our military now compared to the Vietnam era - then, we were castigated as baby killers, murderers, imperialists, etc. Now, people seem to support the troops, while focusing their disagreement on those ultimately responsible for all wars - the leaders and policy makers.

I am so proud of these men and women, who have decided that yes, there are some things worth fighting and perhaps dying for. They understand that there are some things worse than death. They are willing to sacrifice so that others may live in freedom.

My hat is off to them, my thoughts and prayers are with them and their families during this time of risk and great danger. Those of us who can stay here, in the comfort of our homes, surrounded by our friends and loved ones, owe a huge debt of gratitude to all the men and women who have ever stepped forward, raised their right hands, and swore to serve and protect not only this great country, but security and safety throughout this troubled planet.

I wish they could all come back home to a grateful nation, safe, sound, and able to be proud of themselves and their service.
2001 Outback Sport
Old 03-31-2003, 10:37 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
I'm glad they're there. I hate a lot of our government, because I think it's too intrusive. Protecting us is the one point I completely agree with. I think our taxes should pay for roads, public things like that, and the military, so yeah, gung ho support from me.

However... our president is very very christian... and he's going to war in the middle east, which is primarily Muslim.... and.. honestly, this doesn't look good.

I wish I could start another country, America II, or something like that, where Religon was illegal, so I didn't have to get involved in any future religous crusades/jihads.

- Rob
Old 03-31-2003, 01:04 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
and he's going to war in the middle east, which is primarily Muslim.... and.. honestly, this doesn't look good.

- Rob
When all were crying "we're just retaliating agains all Muslims," Wolf Blitzer (CNN) made an excellent point:

"Over the past two decades, almost every time U.S. military forces have been called into action to risk their lives and limbs, it's been on behalf of Muslims....[T]o assist the Afghan mujahaddin...during the Soviet invasion in the 1980s, to liberate Kuwait following the Iraqi invasion of 1990, to help Somali Muslims suffering at the hands of a warlord in Mogadishu, to help Muslims first in Bosnia and then in Kosovo who faced a Serb onslaught, and more recently to liberate Afghanistan from its Taliban and al Qaeda rulers."

As for our veterans, what was said by George Washington, when our country was young, is still true today:

“The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional as to how they perceive the veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation.”

Our forces today, by this standard, have shown the ultimate respect for our veterans.

As for why we are "there." Abraham Lincoln put it best:

"The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's throat, for which the sheep thanks the shepherd as a liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act as the destroyer of liberty."

My thanks to our "shepherds" for destroying the liberty of the "wolves" so that the "sheep" may be liberated.

God bless our troops.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 03-31-2003, 01:11 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

errrgh. Can you guys quit using 'god' all the time? It makes you seem like freaky deaky bible thumpers. Just say 'good luck' or something. errr. yeah.

>runs away to avoid torture and death<
Old 03-31-2003, 01:39 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
errrgh. Can you guys quit using 'god' all the time?

In a word, "NO."
Subaru Ambassador

Old 03-31-2003, 02:08 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
GOD....

Cash,

I am an atheist. Some of the people here knew that and some probably don't (some of them will never let me forget it!). I am smart enough NEVER to ask someone to modify his or her religious stance because of the way that I believe. You again show your immaturity and lack of respect for others by even suggesting that they modify their speech to satisfy you....

As I've said before ..... If you don't like it here....
PLEASE LEAVE!

Grow up and drive your neon….

It worked.... sorry folks .... he got to me again...

I wish you all wouldn't quote him in your posts.... it's the only way I read what he says....

My thoughts are with our troops and their families! As I've said before... Let's see what all these countries think about us after the fighting is over.
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 03-31-2003, 02:13 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

I just meant that, you know how most people consider Mormons kinda weird? Well, when you guy are 'preaching' I feel the same way. Kinda blocks who you really are, that feeling does. :| I didn't mean to offend anyone, I just meant it makes me feel funny. This is a car site, and a bunch of you guys are talking about 'god bless the soldiers'. It's weird.

- Rob

PS: Cam, get bent. I don't have a neon, and I wasn't talking to you. You've told me you were going to ignore me, please stick to your word.
Old 03-31-2003, 02:18 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
I'm ignoring him......

What did he say???
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 03-31-2003, 02:26 PM

Quote:
I'm glad they're there. I hate a lot of our government, because I think it's too intrusive. Protecting us is the one point I completely agree with. I think our taxes should pay for roads, public things like that, and the military, so yeah, gung ho support from me.

However... our president is very very christian... and he's going to war in the middle east, which is primarily Muslim.... and.. honestly, this doesn't look good.

I wish I could start another country, America II, or something like that, where Religon was illegal, so I didn't have to get involved in any future religous crusades/jihads.

- Rob
Ooooooh, if I were in the desert, getting MY ass shot at, that show of "support" would certainly make me feel loved and appreciated as all getout. Hopefully nobody will send THAT message to our troops.

The last places I'm aware of where all religions (not just a few) were illegal was the USSR, China, and possibly Cuba. There, the only thing you could worship was the Communist Party. Go for it.

Don't be hard on yourself, Mitch, he can get to me too.
2001 Outback Sport
Old 03-31-2003, 02:28 PM

Registered SVX
Without quoting, if YOU have a problem with the mention of God, then, you're on the wrong site.

If cars is the ONLY thing you want to talk about. You're on the wrong site.

If you have a problem with the mention of God, then, you're in the wrong forum. This forum is for GENERAL topics. Go to MOD MANIA or Technical Q & A.

If it makes you feel weird, then, just feel weird and get used to it.
Subaru Ambassador

Last edited by Aredubjay; 03-31-2003 at 02:33 PM.
Old 03-31-2003, 02:30 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:

However... our president is very very christian...
- Rob
Yes. BOTH of us are.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 03-31-2003, 02:34 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
If cars is the ONLY thing you want to talk about. You're on the wrong site.

If you have a problem with the mention of God, then, you're in the wrong thread. This thread is for GENERAL topics. Go to MOD MANIA or Technical Q & A.
Do I need to mention how ironic this is? I remember many people, yourself included (though my memory may be mistaken) telling me that this was an SVX site, and we only talk about hte SVX, nothing else.

Do you remember that? I even started a topic because I disagreed with it, it was titled 'off topic or not'.

- Rob

PS: I think a country that was set up without religon would do great. I won't get into it in this thread though, as it would tarnish the message.
Old 03-31-2003, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Yes. BOTH of us are.
Touché, Mr. President! Well said.

LMAO.
2001 Outback Sport
Old 03-31-2003, 02:36 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:

Do I need to mention how ironic this is? I remember many people, yourself included (though my memory may be mistaken) telling me that this was an SVX site, and we only talk about hte SVX, nothing else.

Do you remember that? I even started a topic because I disagreed with it, it was titled 'off topic or not'.

- Rob

PS: I think a country that was set up without religon would do great. I won't get into it in this thread though, as it would tarnish the message.
I have always DEFENDED off-topic posts, so, don't hang it on me. In the future, simply avoid threads that make you "feel weird" and all will be well.
Subaru Ambassador

Closed Thread