Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-16-2003, 02:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to zamorush Send a message via Yahoo to zamorush
Registered SVX
My SVX's history---?????

This is for all the Texas folks out there. I am trying to find out what exactly happened to my SVX, and why is it in such a ....... dreadful condition.

Why Texas? Because I bought it from there.

Well anyway, after successful check of background, through Carfax, on my SVX in November 2001, I decided to purchase my 94 RED LSi. Everything seemed to be normal, and in order except for: the car was located in Texas, and I am in California. The pictures the dealer sent me did were not perfect, but you could see all the damages and defects. Of coarse, the dialer did not even bother to tell me about the Crappy paint, and that the front right wing was smashed and then rebuild and repainted. He just said that it was just paint wearing out.

YEAH, RIGHT!!! It was totally messed up!!

In conversation with him, he assured me that the car is in perfect drivable condition. ANOTHER LIE!! I could barely drive it home. The CV joints were leaking fluid, battery dead, wheel alignment messed up, front right wing was sticking out way out of arch, no center console, rear break light broken, leather seats in such a condition that the only choice you have is just throw them away, everything from the trunk was missing (all the tools and spare tire), AWD does not work, tires completely bold, and plus the car was FLOODED. CarFax is the CRAP. Please Excuse my language.
The only reasonable thing was the price. $4000. Although, if i would just seen the car before I bough it, I wouldn't even pay $2000 for it. Since to replace everything and fix everything I already spend over $2000. Gladly, my dad is a mechanic, so the tranny did not cost me at all. However, i still have to get my car repainted, and to fix a numerous amount of holes and dents, and dings. And now, the starter.........

So now, i am trying to find out what exactly happened, and who was the owner. CarFax gave me some results, but I can't find them, i will post them later. However, if anyone knows anything about that car, or at least seen it, it is a 94 RED LSi, with Vin # JF1CX3559Rh102450. I bought it from:

Moon Star Imports
13870 Westheimer Road
Houston, Texas 77077
http://www.moonstarimports.com/

from a very DISHONEST seller Huseyin Finci. (Please never buy anything from them) He just wanted to get rid of this vehicle, and i am sure was very glad when such a STUPID buyer like me was caught by a low price.

If there is a previous owner of this Vehicle on this message board, it would be very nice of you to respond. I am not holding anything against the owner, but against the seller only. I just need to know the exact details of the damage, and was this Car really flooded.
Thanks for reading.

Nik

NEVER BUY A CAR ONLINE, unless you see and know what you are buying.
2011 Subaru Impreza
2009 Subaru Outback

Alternative Ways of getting around
2011 Felt Edict 9 SE
2009 Felt FX 35
2006 Cannondale CAAD9
Old 03-16-2003, 03:06 PM

messed up car

zamorush, sorry to hear about your car deal. Did you buy it from ebay? I use to work at the travelodge in milpitas not many svx's out there. I bought a civic from ebay never again, took four months to get the car. It was a repainted and had a previous wreck, like you said I don't trust buying cars online. Victor
Old 03-16-2003, 03:27 PM

Registered SVX
Nope, I bought the car from Autotrader. Although, all the deals and communications were done over the phone and email.

Hmmm..... I think right now there is only one SVX in Milpitas, mine. Am I wrong? I would like to meet the owner of another one, if you know him of coarse.

thanks Victor

nik
2011 Subaru Impreza
2009 Subaru Outback

2011 Felt Edict 9 SE
2009 Felt FX 35
2006 Cannondale CAAD9
Old 03-16-2003, 03:31 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Front wing???

Wow. You must have one crazy SVX....
Old 03-16-2003, 03:57 PM
Hater

i bought my car from autotrader out of state, sight unseen. its everything the owner said it was - great! the guy i dealt with was staight up, and i could tell - he sent me 30 or so digital pics and told me every flaw (some that even i wouldn't bother to tell someone if i where selling a car - REALLY trivial stuff) YPMV - your purchases may vary.

a bad CarFax report may mean trouble.
a clean Carfax report means absolutely nothing.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 03-16-2003, 03:59 PM
hotshoe50

what a purchase!!

I have bought 9 cars on eBay so far and I have nothing bad to say about any vendor.

You NEED absolutely to do your homework and establish a relationship with the vendor BEFORE the auction closes.

Your car sounds terrible and an absolute rip off and I am really sorry for you, honestly!!!!!

If you are conservative and generally fear that you will get ripped off, don't do ebay because you are the person it will happen to. Know what you are doing, know what you are buying, and it CAN BE DONE!!! and you can win big time.... I have 9 times and THAT IS NOT LUCK....

eMail me if you want to know the secrets....

Hotshoe
Old 03-16-2003, 05:13 PM
calmone

i don't know what the law is in ca., but it may be as in md where the courts have held selling something on the internet exposes you to being sued in md for things like fraud. if it cost you 2 grand to fix the misrepresentations you may be able to sue the dealer in ca small claims court without a lawyer, get a judgment against him and possibly find a lawyer in tx once you have a judgment who will work on a contingency to collect it.
Old 03-16-2003, 07:07 PM

Registered SVX
Thanks for advices everyone.

I know I shouldn't have bought that car back thank, now I am smarter with all that. Oh yeah, year after, I helped my dad buy an Outback online, this time it was different, because I actually went to see the car. Everything went without a trouble.

Although, I am still trying to find more about the car that I own. So has anyone ever seen it? In Houston, before November 2001?

thanks

nik
2011 Subaru Impreza
2009 Subaru Outback

2011 Felt Edict 9 SE
2009 Felt FX 35
2006 Cannondale CAAD9
Old 03-16-2003, 07:16 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Nik,

There was a known red 94 SVX with flood damage in TX. Perhaps you got that one. The owner was ither here or at the yahoo board. Do a search on flood and it may showup

L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 03-16-2003, 08:16 PM

Registered SVX
Thanks

Thanks Lwin! I'll do a little search here and there.

nik
2011 Subaru Impreza
2009 Subaru Outback

2011 Felt Edict 9 SE
2009 Felt FX 35
2006 Cannondale CAAD9
Old 03-17-2003, 09:23 AM
MAD4SVX

I'm sorry the car was so bad.

You mentioned that you had a CAR FAX report on the car. Isn't CAR FAX guaranteed up to $5000?

If the report was wrong, I.E there WAS flood damage, you might be eligble for their guarantee.

I'ts a shot in the dark but they do promise that their info is wrong, they will pay up to $5,000.

Good Luck
Old 03-17-2003, 09:57 AM
Yeah, it's a poodle - so what?

I used to supervise the Texas Motor Vehicle Division section that licensed new and used car dealers in Texas. We had a very active Enforcement Section with investigators that checked out complaints and took various actions against bad dealers. We had about 15,000 used car dealers in the state, and bad apples manage to slip through the screening process.

It's been a while, but it's not too late to file a complaint with MVD against the dealer . Results may vary, but if it was flood-damaged or salvaged and he didn't disclose it, it could be a fraudulent sale (under Texas law, dealers are expected to be able to determine most problems with vehicles, even if the problems aren't disclosed to the dealer).

A link for flood-damaged vehicles: http://www.dot.state.tx.us/vtr/flood/flddamg.htm

Link to the dealer sales practices enforcement page:
http://www.dot.state.tx.us/mvd/enfor...nformation.htm

Used car dealers in Houston are a group to be wary of. At least one was even involved in funneling money to the 9/11 hijackers. Most are honest, but if there's a crooked dealer in Texas, there's about a 70% chance he or she is in Houston.

Good luck! I'm sorry you had such a bad experience and hope it can be made right for you.
2001 Outback Sport
Old 03-17-2003, 12:18 PM

Registered SVX
how to???

Thanks a lot Dick! I will read it over when I have time.

It seems like my SVX was not one of those that has been flooded, or at least they were not registered.

Here is another question then, how do I determine that my vehicle was really flooded? And does, for example, driving over the river can be considered as being flooded?
Personally, I came to a conclusion that my SVX was flooded, because: first when I received that car, the trunk was fool of water. Second, the plastic cover (not sure how to name it), that covers front diff, tranny, and oil filter, carried a huge amount of dirt (river dirt, with grass), radiator was completely blocked with the same dirt. Now later, when me and my dad put the car on the stand and inspected it, a lot of parts were rusting that were not suppose to rust. Also, several parts contained sand and dirt, where you wouldn't expect to find it (for example starter, oil pan, axels). I am not sure what else should I check to make a conclusion, and not sure if there is such service that can do it for me.

I bought the vehicle in November 2001, it is March 2003, can it still be determined that the car was flooded before. Does anyone have or had such an experience?

thanks everyone for help

nik
2011 Subaru Impreza
2009 Subaru Outback

2011 Felt Edict 9 SE
2009 Felt FX 35
2006 Cannondale CAAD9
Old 03-17-2003, 12:21 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
You mentioned that you had a CAR FAX report on the car. Isn't CAR FAX guaranteed up to $5000?
MAD4SVX,
I will try to find out about that. I am reading their policy right now.

thanks

nik
2011 Subaru Impreza
2009 Subaru Outback

2011 Felt Edict 9 SE
2009 Felt FX 35
2006 Cannondale CAAD9
Old 03-17-2003, 12:34 PM

Registered SVX
aha.......

Well, I can't get a lot from CarFax, even if I found that the car has been flooded. Only 10%. Still, even to get that much, first what i have to get is the Salvage Title from DMV. Of course that will diprishiate the value of my vehicle by a lot!!! he he. I don't think that really worth it.

oh, here is the part of their policy.
CARFAX agrees to pay to the holder of this report 10% of the wholesale value of the vehicle, up to $5,000 if this report indicates it qualifies for the CARFAX Certified History and a Branded Title actually exists for this vehicle. A Branded Title is defined as a passenger motor vehicle ownership document issued by any of the 50 states of the U.S. (or the District of Columbia) or any province of Canada that bears words or symbols signifying that the vehicle was salvaged or junked; dismantled; rebuilt or reconstructed; flood damaged; fire damaged; hail damaged; bought back by the manufacturer; odometer exceeds mechanical limits; odometer was not the actual mileage; declared a total loss (Canada only), or bears any other symbol or word of like kind. This Certificate along with corresponding full report must be presented in order to be eligible for payment

hmmm............. I will email them, and tell my story, see what they say

nik
2011 Subaru Impreza
2009 Subaru Outback

2011 Felt Edict 9 SE
2009 Felt FX 35
2006 Cannondale CAAD9