SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2003, 12:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
rear bumper replacment

as u all know my bumper was hit i found a bumper for 265 and gettinng it painted for 200.

well they want a 150 to install the new bumper or i can do it myself wich i think i will do . my eclipse was easy the svx im not too shure abought?

has any one done this what would u recomend, is it worth the 150.00 to haev them do it,
Old 03-03-2003, 01:48 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
$150 to install the bumper cover sounds awfully steep. I haven't removed the rear cover, but I have removed the front. While that one involved a lot of screws, it certainly wasn't $150 worth of labor in my book.

Then again, if they scratch the bumper cover while they're installing it, they'll fix it. If you scratch it, you're hosed.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 03-03-2003, 04:25 PM
Strictly Subaru

I think that you should shop around. I get rear or front bumpers painted for about 150 cdn, which is about 100.00 us, and 1hr to remove and replace. If there is any "putty-work" or crack fixing, that's usually extra. Sometimes a bottle will also work for this...

As far as rear bumper covers go, I've got 2 left, a "perlie" and a "green" one., and they usally go for $ 175.00 dollars.

It's a real easy job, you can do it yourself, but it's better to have some-one help you when you are installing the bumper back to the car. There is a guide on each end, which helps the cover slide in place, and this is the only tricky part. Make sure you are "cupping" the corner of the rear bumper cover with your hand as you slide it in place. This will prevent you from scratching it. That's about it. You'll be surprised! Have fun...
Old 03-04-2003, 07:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to solarsvx
Registered SVX
thanks strictly subaru. i will have some one helping me out.

to ba du didnt have asilver bumper i buy it from u in a heart beat. i got a killer deal on a brand new one for 265 including tax.

is there any special bolts i have to take off the body shop said they have to take apart have the rear car to get to it its "one of those special bumpers" he told ne so thats why i am concerened.

how many tech hours u think they should be charging me to pull the old one off and put the new one on. they are chargin me 4 i think.

every paint company i found is chargin 250.00 called 5t places here in orlando this was the best deal for 200.00

well thanks guys for the info
Old 03-04-2003, 03:46 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I too think that's expensive. I had my rear bumper painted for much less than that.

Unfortunately I asked the same company to paint my '97 grille and they quoted $100. ($65 just for the paint and the mix/matching)