Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 01-21-2003, 03:51 PM

Computer reboot?

Welcome all, this is my first post, though I have gleaned much infor from past visits.

My '95 had been giving me code 21, the cooling fans were running and occasionally refused to start. I had it towed to a service center where they told me the code was cam sensor, but it started for them every time. No repairs made. I brought it home.

When next it refused to start, I replaced the temp sensor. It still did not start. I read the code as a 21. I reset the codes. The car started and has not flashed a CE since and has run fine.

Is it normal for a code reset to reboot the ignition?

Thanks
Recommendations for a '75?
Old 01-21-2003, 04:19 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Engine Code 21 is the water temp sensor. I think I was one of the first to replace that thing.

The fans do run continuously with this fault. It became difficult to start whenever the temps dropped to near freezing or lower. This would only happen if the car sat for several hours. There was no high idle.

Resetting the ECU was very helpful when starting the car when the sensor started acting up.

Provided the correct sensor was replaced on your car it should be fine for another 10 years or so