How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2003, 03:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXgarcia
Lightbulb Emergency Brake light is ON while driving!!

This problem just began 3 days ago. I was driving and I noticed that my emergency light was on! then the light turned off, and as I was approaching a stop sign I hit my brake and the light went on again! 15 seconds later it went off again, and as I kept stopping the light kept going on and off. eventually it stopped after 15 minutes of driving, but the problem continues every morning when i get in my car. Does any else have this problem?
Old 01-19-2003, 03:39 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
More likely than not it's your brake fluid is low and nothing to do with your emergency brake.

This topic was covered not that long ago. Use the search tool to find out more info.
Old 01-19-2003, 03:57 PM
AbdominalSnoman

I will 99% guarantee you that your fluid is just a little bit low. When you hit the brakes just enough of it goes to move the pads against the disks that the fluid sensor cuts on. As you drive the car more the flud heats up and expands so it no longer trips the sensor. If you fill it up and it comes back within a month you have got some sort of leak in your braking system. Check that out right away. I once almost got in a wreck because of that.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:20 PM

brake oversite

this mod cost about three dollars and is readly avaulable at krage n also this site spell checker does not work so dont flame me on the spelling im hungry now and going to have a sandwitch