Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-13-2002, 01:11 AM
I hate stupid people!

Send a message via AIM to BoominSVX
O/T I got the last laugh

Just wanted to point out a little irony here at my house. You all probbly remember the arguments my brother and I had about his (green95hoe) tahoe being so much better than my car, and him saying that when I need a tow, he's not helping. Well, guess what, in the past 1 month, the schmuk toasted a tranny, a transfer case, all of his spider gears, a Yoke, and a CV axle just cause o the lift and tires. My SVX that was supposed to fall apart so quick, is going to show him what real enginuity can outlast. I had to pull him home from about 3 miles away. Amazingly enough, the car didn't have that much of a problem, and it was only about 35 out, so the tranny hopefully stayed cool.

Sometimes I'm to nice to that kid.
92 SVX LSL, Ebony Mica/Grey leather, K&N Cone, Pioneer Dehp-7300 premier, White Guages, Radar detector, Volfenhag VDX 12's, Memphis ST1000D digital amp, CompuSTAR 2000AS 2 way paging alarm with visual confirmation, and auto start. Cell Holder, Xenon (Ebay) bulbs in highs lows and fogs, Wire loom in engine bay, and a kitchen sink complete with soap dispensor and soap scum.
Old 11-13-2002, 05:07 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
I said it before...I'll say it again

aaah brotherly love!

You guys are a laugh a day.

Thanks!
Old 11-13-2002, 08:12 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: O/T I got the last laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by BoominSVX
Just wanted to point out a little irony here at my house. You all probbly remember the arguments my brother and I had about his (green95hoe) tahoe being so much better than my car, and him saying that when I need a tow, he's not helping. Well, guess what, in the past 1 month, the schmuk toasted a tranny, a transfer case, all of his spider gears, a Yoke, and a CV axle just cause o the lift and tires. My SVX that was supposed to fall apart so quick, is going to show him what real enginuity can outlast. I had to pull him home from about 3 miles away. Amazingly enough, the car didn't have that much of a problem, and it was only about 35 out, so the tranny hopefully stayed cool.

Sometimes I'm to nice to that kid.
How ignorant do you have to be to claim that because a car is Japanese, it's going to be unreliable?

Good for you for being the bigger man and helping him out even though he was such an ass to you.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 11-13-2002, 10:14 AM
Hater

don't forget to get a "Calvin p*ssing on Chevy bowtie" sticker for your SVX.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 11-13-2002, 01:13 PM
$VX

A chevy owner not only being arrogant but also completley ignorant ? Get out. I don't believe you.

- Ca$h
Old 11-13-2002, 01:43 PM

I saw a "Calvin pissing on Jap crap" sticker on a lifted Chevy. It infuriated me. I just give him a nasty look as I drove on by.
Old 11-13-2002, 01:46 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by DavieGravy
I saw a "Calvin pissing on Jap crap" sticker on a lifted Chevy. It infuriated me. I just give him a nasty look as I drove on by.
The whole 'Calvin peeing' species of stickers is retarded. Why bother telling the world how much you dislike another brand of car?

That, and I hate seeing a great character like Calvin being hijacked for something so stupid.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 11-13-2002, 02:08 PM
$VX

I'd buy a sticker of calvin taking a dump on the word "SUV".

- Ca$h
Old 11-13-2002, 03:54 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
That one would

be pretty hilarious Ca$h... I just wouldn't to ugly up my car by putting the sticker (or any sticker) on it. I liked the Calvin pissing on Ford that I guy I knew had... on his Explorer Yeah, he knew he had a Ford, too.

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment
Old 11-13-2002, 07:09 PM
I hate stupid people!

Send a message via AIM to BoominSVX
Quote:
I saw a "Calvin pissing on Jap crap" sticker on a lifted Chevy.
I doubt my brother was all the way out by you, but he did have a sticker like that. Ask anyone that went to the 2nd NE meet in webster at Tri-State Subaru. He was the caboose there.

Quote:
Good for you for being the bigger man and helping him out even though he was such an ass to you.
Unfortunatly, I've done it all my life. I just hope someday he'll start helping me back.
92 SVX LSL, Ebony Mica/Grey leather, K&N Cone, Pioneer Dehp-7300 premier, White Guages, Radar detector, Volfenhag VDX 12's, Memphis ST1000D digital amp, CompuSTAR 2000AS 2 way paging alarm with visual confirmation, and auto start. Cell Holder, Xenon (Ebay) bulbs in highs lows and fogs, Wire loom in engine bay, and a kitchen sink complete with soap dispensor and soap scum.
Old 11-13-2002, 07:48 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
What kind of lift does he have?! Looks like he needs to either put more thought into the products he buys, or learn how to drive off-road. I've definetly seen the transmission thing, seems like they put a tranny in those trucks that wasn't quite up to the 280lb/ft of torque in that motor. But that's a defect...it happened to my friend's 98 tahoe...he had to "work with" GM a little, but he ended up getting a beautiful 2000 silverado out of the deal. He has a Summit 4" suspension lift and super-swampers on it...drives off road just about every weekend, hasn't had a single problem of any kind with the truck or the lift components. It's a hell of a ride.

Chevy owners arrogant? What about those Neon owners?! And some SVX owners too!!!