How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-16-2013, 02:09 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: Restoration Opinions Needed

The car itself has enough collector expert "support" but lacks the key things that are needed for increased value in a proper club supporting and promoting the car and a lack of parts. Sure there are some nice examples out there but the sad reality is these cars are now sitting rotting away in garages rather than being shared with the younger generations who would eventually be buying them so the garage queens are doing just as much collector damage as the rats out there are. The thing that needs to be done is to buy the car or fix the car because you love it and want to share your enjoyment with others rather than your garage walls. Even if you bought an AC Cobra 427 back in the day it would have been a poor investment compared to the S and P 500 over the same time.

Build it, love it, share it and if you can't do the threesome, pass it on to someone who can.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:08 PM
Posting since Dec.'98
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

I get my insurance from TD Insurance. They don't do "Classic" or Collector" car policies. However, all they asked of me was a certificate of valuation (not sure if that's the correct technical term) from a qualified/recognised person in the auto trade. They then set up the policy to reflect the agreed to dollar value. (And adjust the premium accordingly). I did the same for my motorcycle after doing some customization.
ART Cryogenic/Slotted Rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, PWR Radiator, Tranny cooler, Stebro, Earthworm's Poly Differential/front & rear swaybar bushings, Koni Inserts and Mychailo SVX Sport Springs all 4 corners, Indigo Blue paint. Liquid Silver Wheels.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastSVX View Post
Isn't that like a quarter of Armando's trip to Reading and back this year?

I'm not sure if Black Beauty is his DD or not, but if not, there's a lot of pleasure miles right there in a couple of weeks, with a whole year of cruising the PCH and other things to still take into account.
I have been curious about something though, and maybe Armando and some others can chime in..... Is there a special way to handle insurance on one of these beauties after they've been restored to such pristine condition?
That Reading trip was 6,687 miles by the time I pulled back into my driveway! So, John's 1,500 miles is a little less than 1/4. Lol

The Black Beauty was my DD until I bought my Pearlie. Since my return from Reading, the Pearlie has become my DD. The Black Beauty and Atreyu (the RX-8) are now my garage queens! (for the moment!)

As far as the insurance goes, my agent, over at State Farm, told me to just keep track of all the receipts for everything in regards to the restoration. To be honest, I was hoping they would document everything involved before insuring it. It's my understanding that there are companies that do it that way.

1992 SVX LS-L "Black Beauty" 292,500K (purchased April, 1997 w/65K)
http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/...psz1xmhtdo.jpg

1992 SVX LS-L "Blanca" 214,000K
http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/...pskv0odesa.jpg
2004 Mazda RX-8
http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7vggfwfu.jpg
1974 Mazda RX-4
http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/...psentjrygb.jpg

Last edited by AlcyoneSVX; 07-16-2013 at 09:09 PM.