Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 01-17-2012, 05:17 PM
The Molinator

Re: Intermittent engine cutting out.. ???

NO.. The idle is now 750.. quite steady.. just once dropped to about 600 with AC ON. Supposed to be 600 AC OFF.. 800 AC ON.. right?

Ironically, last night.. I cleaned the TPS.. and checked smooth operation 0 - 5000 ohms, replaced.. Seemed fine. Ran with and without MAF connected.. . Basically ran the same!? Jerky low speed (initial) acceleration.. but NO sudden engine death syndrome (which was my initial DILEMNA)! YIKES!

CrAzY! .. .

Thanks, Jim
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!
Old 01-18-2012, 11:49 AM

congrats then!
how did you locate your tps on the rigth position? you can adjust the angle.
jose
Old 01-18-2012, 02:47 PM
The Molinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NEW GUY View Post
congrats then! FOR WHAT? It still runs for crap on low speed acceleration!
how did you locate your tps on the rigth position? Put it back where it was.. marked position.you can adjust the angle. I know.. But, too damn cold in my garage at 10 pm to dittle with trying to stab a sewing needle thru a wire! Ha! I think that adjustment is alright.. just concerned the TPS had a flat spot causing this jerky low speed acceleration.. ? I shud check.
jose

Thanks, Jim
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Old 01-30-2012, 12:46 PM
The Molinator

I still have slight bumpy starting to accelerate.. BUT about 90 to 95% of that went away.. on its own??? NOW.. just initial lag/jerky start.. smooths off after the very initial acceleration (used to last .. 50 to 150 feet.. about 40mph!) ..

Maybe the air intake valve .. or aux intake valve.. ??? [I've sent for used MAF by member here.. but.. ??]

Please lead me to info on those.. links?

Thanks, Jim
Old 01-30-2012, 02:27 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

Jim,

Sounds like that MAF could stand to be replaced. I'd try another, at this point.

Sometimes "the fix" doesn't fix all the faults within the sensor.