IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 03-27-2011, 05:22 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
Re: auto seat belt stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele View Post
A while back someone found out what the intermitent seat belt fix was. I don't remember who it was, but maybe someone else does. It would be good to find it and I will get it into the How-To Docs.
That might be me. I've given the wiring diagram out to a couple of members, but I'm not sure anyone else has tried it yet. Over 2 1/2 years with a brick of relays back there and my seatbelt has never let me down yet. When I get home I'll pull the PDF and send it to you, if you'd like.

Edit: I've attached the Wiring Diagram. It's pretty self-explanatory but if you have any questions just hit me up. I haven't looked at this stuff since I installed it, so I might need to jog my memory.

In a nutshell, with a multimeter we found that one of the two wires leading to the motor was dead. That means that when that wire is Negative (-) the belt still functions, but when it needs to switch to Positive (+) it isn't sending power to the motor (i.e. belt goes forward, but doesn't return). The Yellow, and Green wires (Door Trigger, Belt [forward] Trigger respectively) were found locally in the space behind the door. Grey and Red (Ignition Trigger and Constant +) were brought from under the dash. A fuse was placed in-line on the Constant +, and we tested it until we found the right rating (basically we stopped the belt motion by force and the fuse blew, we kept blowing fuses until we found a rating that seemed good).

Hope this helps somebody. I'd be honored to contribute this to the network. If you think it'd help I could tear back into it and take some pics.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SUBARU RELAY KIT.pdf (72.5 KB, 219 views)
'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.

Last edited by K_Dub; 03-27-2011 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Found that file.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:54 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92_LSL View Post
Yeah my dome light works perfectly fine. The thing I don't get is when I crank the belt back manually then shut and open the door the belt goes forward but doesn't go back.
Unplug the motor, so it won't go forward again. Then crank it back.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 03-27-2011, 07:33 PM

Will do. Hey do you still have that motor ?
Old 03-27-2011, 07:37 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

It's going to be rebuilt 11:1 CR over the summer, if at all possible.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 03-27-2011, 07:44 PM

Do you know anyone with an engine for sale? I recently discovered I have blown ring lands on one of my pistons and i has scarred the cylinder walls past the point of repare. I have had a crappy year and I have had ongoing financial problems and this caused me to not be able to buy that engine.