Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Reading Meet
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: Reading Raffle Donations

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess View Post
In what way did you not like the way the date was changed?

Last year, there were a few complaints about the Reading XI weather, so a poll was set in place to let people make a choice.

In true democratic fashion, the majority expressed their preferences.

We have already been over this. You may want to use the search button if your memory isn't that sharp. Since you've replied, I'll assume that you will be picking up the my donation for the raffle, you can pm me for my address and where I'll put them since I will be at a car show by mid day on Friday.

Sure my donations aren't as "special" as a polished turd that looks as out of place in an SVX as a Vrod motor would. Then again, I also didn't have the ignorance to insist that my donations were more valuable to the club then any of the others and therefore should dictate their own seperate raffle. Didn't see the vote on that one. I always thought everyone's donation was valuable to the club but obviously, not everyone is as important as others here.

Why don't you hold it inside because it has poured in PA this same weekend in May for the past 6 years? Granted, one of those years we did have so nice warm weather... 90 degrees, humid and tornados. Sounds like much better weather to stand around in a parking lot since you don't want to be doing anthing in tourist season around here anyways to me.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:59 AM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

Gentlemen, surely there's a better place for this debate?
Old 04-15-2011, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetItSnow View Post
Gentlemen, surely there's a better place for this debate?
I agree totally Rob. After my alternator thread confrontation, I should have learned. No place for this here, so I deleted my reply and sent it to Ben as a PM.

Why complain about the way things are done if you have no interest in being there in the first place?

Back to original topic

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 04-15-2011, 06:56 AM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Ben,
If you happen to come up to Mechanicsburg to visit your relatives before Reading, throw them in the car, I could meet you to pick them up.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 04-15-2011, 06:57 AM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

I turned down a trip to Germany to come to this. My main hope is to have some people who know this car inside and out give me some feedback and suggestions on my car. That might be difficult if it is pouring. The Northeast is due for a break from mother nature so maybe it will all work out. I will also be bringing some items which could be added to the raffle if people so choose. It won't be anything exciting but better than a sharp stick in the eye.

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
2009 Red Toyota Venza, 123,XXX, Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage Oil
1992 Red Ferrari 348 ts, 82,XXX, Redline everything
Old 04-15-2011, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
My main hope is to have some people who know this car inside and out give me some feedback and suggestions on my car.

That might be difficult if it is pouring. The Northeast is due for a break from mother nature so maybe it will all work out. I will also be bringing some items which could be added to the raffle if people so choose. It won't be anything exciting but better than a sharp stick in the eye.
Tony, I am sure that your main hope will Be realized,

First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

Last edited by svxcess; 04-15-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:20 AM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

Quote:
...some feedback and suggestions on my car.
Offer stands, just north of ya.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetItSnow View Post
Offer stands, just north of ya.
Thanks. Maybe now that the weather is getting better, I hope, I will take a run up there. The problem is that little league has started and our schedule is nuts.

Do you ever get down to the lakes to hit the wineries? Maybe we could meet up there? If you aren't familiar with them, I can drive you around to the best ones. Most of the best wineries are on Seneca Lake. We could meet in Geneva and I can drive us around. That would give you a good feel for the car. Really, it is pretty solid but there are a couple of minor things that the mechanic had a tough time tracking down.

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
2009 Red Toyota Venza, 123,XXX, Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage Oil
1992 Red Ferrari 348 ts, 82,XXX, Redline everything
Old 04-15-2011, 09:17 AM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
My main hope is to have some people who know this car inside and out give me some feedback and suggestions on my car.
Tony, I am sure that you will see a very eclectic collection of SVXi.
Different suspensions, different wheels, transmissions, cooling systems,paint jobs, entertainment systems, evan one with a hole in the hood.
There might be a couple with a wet bar on the trunklid, Ron, Eric.
It is and has been a GREAT Time!
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 04-15-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
I agree totally Rob. After my alternator thread confrontation, I should have learned. No place for this here, so I deleted my reply and sent it to Ben as a PM.

Why complain about the way things are done if you have no interest in being there in the first place?

Back to original topic
And the reality is how you described you did your alternator WASN'T right. I had plenty of interest in being there but just like my donations I will not be there because of your arrogant approach to things. Now you can have your errand boy Earl give me some more demerits.

Go polish something rather than share it with the world.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxfiles View Post
Tony, I am sure that you will see a very eclectic collection of SVXI.
However, if you would rather see Lamborghini and Ferrari replica bodies on Fiero frames, as well as an obscure Bradley GT, you'll have to travel about 80 miles west to Carlisle.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
I had plenty of interest in being there
Ben, I thought you had decided about a year ago that this date conflicted with the Carlisle Import and Kit Car Show, and that was your preference.

Did you ever reconsider?... Even for a moment?

and I polish AND share whatever I can. I am sorry you have not found any of my shared information useful to you. I am not out to please everybody. If I find something that works for me and meets my standards, I never hesitate to share it with anyone... No exceptions.

We all have our talents in various arenas and areas of expertise. It has nothing to do with arrogance and I advise as much as I learn from others.

Please stop hijacking this thread.

Last edited by svxcess; 04-15-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
However, if you would rather see Lamborghini and Ferrari replica bodies on Fiero frames, as well as an obscure Bradley GT, you'll have to travel about 80 miles west to Carlisle.

Your ignorance is amazing my friend. Reality is the SVX doesn't hold water to 1/2 the field at Carlisle the same weekend. Didn't I tell you to go polish something so that it looks completely out of place in a Japanese car? Oh, sorry, go in your corner and cry because someone disagree's with you like you did the last time when you were wrong about the wiring for you alternator.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

This is my last post on this thread. YOu win because I'm tired of playing the baiting game

For me, Reading has ALWAYS been about the people, not the cars. I don't have to travel all the way to Carlisle to see "eye candy"

i agree that there are going to be some distinguished marques represented. Go up to one of the owners of a Japanese import tuner, "fast and the furious" type and tell him that his polished exhaust, intercooler, whatever, looks ridiculous and out of place on his car. He might very well give you an argument...

Or a case of "summer teeth".

as in "summer are left in your mouth an summer on the ground.

If it rains at Reading, we'll still have a great time. Been at Carlisle on a rainy weekend; not fun.

Last edited by svxcess; 04-15-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
This is my last post on this thread. YOu win because I'm tired of playing the baiting game

For me, Reading has ALWAYS been about the people, not the cars. I don't have to travel all the way to Carlisle to see "eye candy"

i agree that there are going to be some distinguished marques represented. Go up to one of the owners of a Japanese import tuner, "fast and the furious" type and tell him that his polished exhaust, intercooler, whatever, looks ridiculous and out of place on his car. He might very well give you an argument...

Or a case of "summer teeth".

as in "summer are left in you mouth an summer on the ground.

If it rains at Reading, we'll still have a great time. Been at Carlisle on a rainy weekend; not fun.

FOR THE LAST TIME AS MYSELF AND COUNTLESS OTHERS HAVE TOLD YOU NUMBEROUS TIMES BEFORE. CARLISLE MPORTS IS NOT A TUNER SHOW AND HAS NEVER BEEN IN ITS 30 YEAR HISTORY. IT IS 10,000+ OF THE PEOPLE YOU SHOULD BE TRYING TO GET TO ENJOY WHAT A BEAUTY THE NEARLY DEAD SVX IS. EVEN IF ONE PERSON IS SWAYED THAT COULD'VE BEEN ONE MORE SAVED FROM A VANAGON. THE SHOW YOU SPEAK OF IS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SHOW THAT A POLISHER SUCH AS YOURSELF WOULD LOVE. but that is not my point and never was. It was mearly a suggestion to bringing the club to a true future of legal status, attracting new blood, etc. Not impressing the local hicks and dog show while you can slap yourself for another fine polishing job. A one week vote on a forum that is very infrequently looked at outside of the month before and few weeks after that drew all of what 20 votes is no better than an election in which only one party is running.

Again, you can thank yourself for me throwing away my donations since you might read posts but cannot understand them. It isn't about winning or loosing. It is about what is best for the car here. Sadly is 20 years how many will be standing in Reading?