Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Suspension
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2011, 07:48 PM

Some new bushing discoveries

Hey guys,

For those of you with imprezas that follow the suspension tech over on nasioc you may have noticed we've been releasing some new bushings.

we had a customer SVX for a tranny swap, new brake lines, fix the throttlebody caused stall, and replace some dead suspension bushings.

As such I started doing some digging, and made some discoveries.

Our new trailing arm rear bushing (that goes in the knuckle) fits.

Our new lateral link bushings fit in all but the rear outside spots where the spherical bearing is. So basically, you'd need a .75 kit instead of a full kit.

Our new trailing arm forward bushing fits, BUT the crush tube is milled for a 12mm bolt like on the impreza. The svx uses a 14mm bolt. I'd have to get the crush tubes rebored. Plus with it being a split bushing I would really want to do a safety washer on them.

Some details on the bushings -

Shore 95A (stiff) medical grade urethane (no heavy metals used in the curing).
Graphite impregnated (for some self lubrication)
Crush tubes are milled from solid stainless steel stock.
split bushing for easy install (getting your old ones out is up to you)

Anyway, thought I'd share my findings, and also gauge some interest. If enough people would like I can do .75 lateral link kits, and get some of the trailing arm forward crush tubes remilled. Let me know.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:50 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Some new bushing discoveries

Cool stuff. QQ - I had an absolute b!tch of a time getting my old control arm bushings out to put the ones in from the Polish (Strong Arm?) kit. Any way that we could send you the parts for you to swap the bushings out? How costly would that be? (neglecting shipping, etc.)

Thanks.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 02-02-2011, 10:36 PM

Re: Some new bushing discoveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Cool stuff. QQ - I had an absolute b!tch of a time getting my old control arm bushings out to put the ones in from the Polish (Strong Arm?) kit. Any way that we could send you the parts for you to swap the bushings out? How costly would that be? (neglecting shipping, etc.)

Thanks.
front control arm I do not have.

lateral links are easy as the soft ones just push out. A couple of sockets and a vise would do it.

For the trailing arm bushings we burn or drill out the rubber, then cut the sleeve with a dremel and knocked it with a chisel.

Here's a link to illustrate some of it.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2075755