SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-15-2010, 03:51 AM
One teal and One yellow

Re: 92 Wrecked SVX vs 96 Wrecked SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowise View Post
I probably wouldn't buy that 96. Seems like such a hassle if your paying for everything. Yes $200 bucks would be an ok deal without the drivetrain. However you say you are going to have to pay someone to remove the trans for him. Thats not a good deal. I would suggest keep looking and check salvage yards. There are SVX around you may be able to get the fenders you need for dirt cheap. Heck people on the forum may volunteer to stop at a salvage yard they know has one and get parts for you. I got a pretty good deal on my second car without drivetrain (did get rear diff though) for $400. I rented a uhaul trailer and picked it up. I know you want your car back and to get it done quick. A little extra time and patience will save you money and may even get you more to work with. If he drops his own trans and pulls his own engine I say go ahead get it for 200.
too late. i have bought it today. oppositely, I think this is one of the best $200 bucks I spent. for me, i think it's a pretty good deal.

so this is the final deal today. i paid him 200 bucks today. i will have someone remove the trans for him and he will come get it. after that, the whole car is mine including the engine!!!! the guy who's going to work on my car will remove the trans for me and some useful parts for 150 bucks! i m the AAA annual member and from the location of 96 polo to the place I m going to work at is only 4 miles. So my towing for today is No charge! the bottom line is i paid him 350 bucks and the whole car is mine and i keep the eg33 motor (sounds pretty good, i had it running and rev to 4, 5 grands today) and lota parts to play with. i probably will make a small profit( lot of times) and break even after that on this car. later on, i will be renting a storage to keep all the good parts for a while...if anyone needs it. first, i will be swapping all four tires from 96 polo to 92 teal.....i have checked the four tires on the 96.....it's like 60% or more tread left...( lol they're made in the end of 2008...so they're quite fresh compare to those on my 92 hehe)....those tires and wheels in the first place already get my 200 bucks back imo....

also i do not want to wait and spend more times to look....as SVX is getting rare...i do not believe i will find another good parts car in a short time within 200-300 miles range...

actually i have found all the parts i need for my 92 teal.....
front fender OT has it...he wanted 75 bucks for the fender...70 miles one way
1/4 panel huck has one....he could let me have it if I go down and cut it off...(very nice from him).....400 miles one way
door...OT has two but different window color...Huck's door might be good with some dents....
All these will take at least like 18 hours driving before spending time on cutting, talking and hanging out lol.....call off one, two days of work...that's easily few hundreds dollars there with times, gas and lot of travel lol...

cool thing is i found this 96 polo in town....i had everything done....towing in two hours...or previous contacts on the phone with owner and etc...the most 2 1/2 hours....then i have a car with lota parts to play with.....good deal

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 07-15-2010, 04:10 AM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSVX View Post
too late. i have bought it today. oppositely, I think this is one of the best $200 bucks I spent. for me, i think it's a pretty good deal.

so this is the final deal today. i paid him 200 bucks today. i will have someone remove the trans for him and he will come get it. after that, the whole car is mine including the engine!!!! the guy who's going to work on my car will remove the trans for me and some useful parts for 150 bucks! i m the AAA annual member and from the location of 96 polo to the place I m going to work at is only 4 miles. So my towing for today is No charge! the bottom line is i paid him 350 bucks and the whole car is mine and i keep the eg33 motor (sounds pretty good, i had it running and rev to 4, 5 grands today) and lota parts to play with. i probably will make a small profit( lot of times) and break even after that on this car. later on, i will be renting a storage to keep all the good parts for a while...if anyone needs it. first, i will be swapping all four tires from 96 polo to 92 teal.....i have checked the four tires on the 96.....it's like 60% or more tread left...( lol they're made in the end of 2008...so they're quite fresh compare to those on my 92 hehe)....those tires and wheels in the first place already get my 200 bucks back imo....

also i do not want to wait and spend more times to look....as SVX is getting rare...i do not believe i will find another good parts car in a short time within 200-300 miles range...

actually i have found all the parts i need for my 92 teal.....
front fender OT has it...he wanted 75 bucks for the fender...70 miles one way
1/4 panel huck has one....he could let me have it if I go down and cut it off...(very nice from him).....400 miles one way
door...OT has two but different window color...Huck's door might be good with some dents....
All these will take at least like 18 hours driving before spending time on cutting, talking and hanging out lol.....call off one, two days of work...that's easily few hundreds dollars there with times, gas and lot of travel lol...

cool thing is i found this 96 polo in town....i had everything done....towing in two hours...or previous contacts on the phone with owner and etc...the most 2 1/2 hours....then i have a car with lota parts to play with.....good deal
You should keep posting as you make progress on those repairs. Congratulations, I think you got a hell of a deal.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 07-15-2010, 04:25 AM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
the steering feel is quite different between the two types if you ask me. Mainly i can feel it at lower speeds, the speed sensitive is very easy to turn at low speeds while the normal power steering takes a bit more effort.

as for the cars, if anything, fix your 92 rather than the 96. Especially if it`s been sitting like that since it will need the entire interior swapped plus the body parts and with roof replacement, it will be extremely hard to get everything cleanly put back where it goes. If you are having to pay for the removal of the drivetrain, you are much better off looking elsewhere since 200 bucks plus removal will cost the same as you can find a completel parts car with body damage and full drivetrail included.

sorry, i am typing this all from my phone so it is hard to deal with proper punctuation, etc.
thanks for helping explaining the steering feel for me. it's pretty good you can type these much on your phone. i don't know how much i like to type on my phone lol. (u have smart phone ehh? android phone? iPhone? WM phone? or blackberry? )

thanks for your more in-depth opinions on these two cars. when looking at the 96 polo today, i was so excited about all these fixing-up-my-92teal-process lol. as much as i looked at the 96 polo today, i really like the color more. as much as i want to get more SVXi fixed like what you're doing, i don't have the energy, time, space and capital. sorry its gonna be my parts car. hello my 96 polo. i have 3 now.

i also agree with you for the interior-wise. there's a kinda "THICK" smell in that 96 polo. man, it's been sitting like that for the past 10 to 11 mths....going through the heavy rain and snow/winter like that. it has some kinda smell if you can ever get rid off. however, i jump-started the engine today...it did sound pretty good.....owner wants to keep his tranny (cos' it's been rebuilt for about 5000miles before the tree fell off)... i don't want to pay that thing for 1200 bucks you know...a lot of more work, time and money. my 92 has the great engine and trans already.

i was thinking of pming you....you like to have my 92 teal for a good deal if you can come get it (take times to pay ok)... I wasn't interested at trading yours + cash. Then i happened to find this 96 polo in town. I can get everything fixed in town! It's great to save a lot of energy and times!

Good luck on selling that svx! I might update some pictures with my "new" 96 polo tomorrow if I have time lol.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:47 AM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean486 View Post
You should keep posting as you make progress on those repairs. Congratulations, I think you got a hell of a deal.
thanks....actually, i m all happy since yesterday after i bought that 96 polo.
that car is kinda a perfect parts car for me, i guess. it's just there waiting for me, in town. And, i forgot to mention, 96 L yes, blue tint window, so the upper window is the same color as my 92 LSL already. We don't have to figure out how to swap the upper-side window on our window-in-window design. (its possible to do that)

the guy who's going to work on and cut/swap my 1/4 quarter panel is about 4 miles from my apt unit. i will swing by there often when i have time. take some pictures for this process.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:37 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Quote:
... I was talking about Mike's Volvo picture. Where is the ding? Please draw a circle and show it on that thread!!
For the sake of "maturity", this will be my last reply. I will just ignore the rest...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.

Last edited by SilverSpear; 07-16-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:02 AM

Registered SVX

Very nice. I didn't realize you were going to be able to keep the engine. It seemed like the owner of the polo wanted to keep the engine and transmission. Keep us updated with the progress and end result.

btw, the phone I have is an LG Tritan. It's not a true "smart phone" but is internet ready. It's helped me out in binds when the internet at home has gone out and other situations.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:10 PM

Yeh I thought it was without engine as well. With a known running engine car would be potentially worth atleast what they sell EG33 on ebay for.

I was just concerned about trans removal cost etc. that it could run up but really sounds like you did good and made the right purchase congrats on that. Nice move with the AAA towing too.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:36 PM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
For the sake of "maturity", this will be my last reply. I will just ignore the rest...

What's up bro...yo you're back?
I thought the last post in this thread was your last one, already...?!

I can't see your picture...where's the ding...picture doesn't work...please don't need post no more bro!!!

Yep...you're the most "mature" man in the world...you're the best...
take it easy bro....

Old 07-16-2010, 01:47 PM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
Very nice. I didn't realize you were going to be able to keep the engine. It seemed like the owner of the polo wanted to keep the engine and transmission. Keep us updated with the progress and end result.

btw, the phone I have is an LG Tritan. It's not a true "smart phone" but is internet ready. It's helped me out in binds when the internet at home has gone out and other situations.
I got to keep the engine. We jump-started the other day for uploading/unloading for the tow truck. It does run and sounds pretty good!! It still sounds tight and I revved up to 4, 5 grands. lol you still can drive around a little bit like that but there're broken glasses everywhere in that car.

nice phone still. i have touchpro2 wm6.5.....i like android phones' great multitasking/search features...i might switch some times later.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:01 PM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowise View Post
Yeh I thought it was without engine as well. With a known running engine car would be potentially worth atleast what they sell EG33 on ebay for.

I was just concerned about trans removal cost etc. that it could run up but really sounds like you did good and made the right purchase congrats on that. Nice move with the AAA towing too.
Now with good conditioned running EG33. Idle smooth. I didn't see any check engine light. I only saw ABS light on. The car does move around fine.

Very funny. Before I got to the house, the tow truck driver was guessing that I was the buyer lol. He was right and I met him a couple times. Actually there're two tow trucks came because the flat bed was too big to pull that SVX out.

When arrived at the shop, Eric(tow truck driver) knew Brendon(who's going to work on the car) very well. They are good friends. I heard Brendon has 4 subaru Imprezas and 10 motorcycles. I hope this will be a good job and he can take his times.

Brendon said he's probably gonna charge me another 150 bucks to remove the trans and some main parts I want to keep. (probably help me to part it out) I chose there also because there're storage units next to the shop so after that I can rent a unit to keep the useful parts for a while. Just carry them into the storage.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:24 PM
One teal and One yellow

This will be the parts car for my teal and yellow. That should have some parts for sale later from my 96 polo, maybe a month later. I just hope brendon can take good times to work on the bodywork.

PS: My PM box are full right now. I can't receive anymore. I will try to delete some later. Brian I got your PM about your 94. It's possible I can part out the door actuator from the 96 polo but maybe after a while...I will start a thread.

Here are some pictures I took the other day when sending my 96 polo to the shop:

PSS: If I have a lot of money and space, this will be a convertible SVX project lol but I have no choice to part this one I guess.

Have a good day!

Old 07-16-2010, 02:34 PM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
What's up bro...yo you're back?
I thought the last post in this thread was your last one, already...?!

I can't see your picture...where's the ding...picture doesn't work...please don't need post no more bro!!!

Yep...you're the most "mature" man in the world...you're the best...
take it easy bro....
picture in post#20 of this thread just happens to work now...

no matter how please don't talk about this anymore...it's getting tired...

how many dings...ask Mike in person...he saw the car in person...

my 96 polo doesn't show up much dings in the pictures...actually there's quite a bit if you look at the car in person...

so you're still the most 'mature' one and the best....

see ya.