Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 04-24-2010, 07:21 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Rear Coil Spring replacements ??? Anybody have some made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77 View Post
I think it strange that no one mentioned Dayle's site.

http://svx-motorsport-accessories.st...opsprings.html

Lee
Yea, my post, #13.

@svxcuseme: Can the place make front springs too?
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 04-24-2010, 08:00 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Yea, my post, #13.

@svxcuseme: Can the place make front springs too?
I see it now. I guess I was scanning too fast and looking for a link and not just a few words mentioning it. Even now, I am not sure he saw it, but that might not be relevant anyway since Dayle's lower the car slightly even though stiffer than stock and seems to want it raised.

Murano wheels should not rub even on GOOD stock springs and inserts with proper tire sizes. Mine don't.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 04-24-2010, 08:10 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
I see it now. I guess I was scanning too fast and looking for a link and not just a few words mentioning it. Even now, I am not sure he saw it, but that might not be relevant anyway since Dayle's lower the car slightly even though stiffer than stock and seems to want it raised.

Murano wheels should not rub even on GOOD stock springs and inserts with proper tire sizes. Mine don't.

Lee
Lee, your '97 has RX-8 wheels, or Murano wheels?
If RX-8 on '97, which car runs Murano?
http://www.ClassicSoftTrim.com http://ToyoTires.com/tire/pattern/versado-lx Gillman Subaru of Houston
"QuickChange" http://www.TransGo.com/ http://www.PlanetSVX.com Bontrager Works,

'92 Subaru SVX LS-L Claret ORIGINAL OWNER
'92 LS-L Pearl~ '92 LS Pearl~ '92 LS-L Teal~ '92 LS-L Silver~ '95 LSi Polo~
'92 JDM Alcyone SVX Version-L 4WS Pearl~ http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54143
'92 JDM Alcyone SVX Version-L 4WS Ebony~ http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54117
Old 04-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedForSpeed View Post
Lee, your '97 has RX-8 wheels, or Murano wheels?
If RX-8 on '97, which car runs Murano?
Right now on the 92 Silver, but I am thinking about changing it to RX-8 wheels also. I already have two addtional RX-8 wheels and am just waiting to find 2 more at the right price. Then--decision time--do I put the Muranos on the 96 or sell them?

PS: Actually as of this very day--the Muranos are off the car as it is in my garage getting worked on. I have replaced the exhaust system with a Stebro and am doing some other things---such as straigthening out the wiring from a butcher job by a previous owner installing an after market remote start security system and aftermarket sound system. A real challenge to get it all uninstalled and back to essentially stock electrical condition.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by lhopp77; 04-24-2010 at 09:08 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:13 AM
51 Club

Registered SVX

Quote:
---such as straigthening out the wiring from a butcher job by a previous owner installing an after market remote start security system and aftermarket sound system. A real challenge to get it all uninstalled and back to essentially stock electrical condition.

Lee
I hear you on that one. One of mine has the security/remote butcher job and the other has the sound system and security/remote wiring mess. It also has a bunch of extra lights hooked up in the grill and a fog light wiring disaster as well.
I'd be interested in a set of these springs but I'm a little concerned about the effect on handling with much stiffer rear springs and stock front ones.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:21 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
I'd be interested in a set of these springs but I'm a little concerned about the effect on handling with much stiffer rear springs and stock front ones.
I think that Dayle's spring rates are probably about right as a compromise between ride comfort and performance. I would actually like that rate, but at stock height. Where I live it is really not practical to lower an already low car.

Actually GC's are on my list to buy for my Silver after I buy some other things I need (want).

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 04-26-2010, 10:05 AM
5 speed 4 sure

Registered SVX
Smile Re: Rear Coil Spring replacements ??? Anybody have some made?

Yes, I definatley visited Dayle's site. His rate was too high for me (175 rear, mine are around 150), I could only buy all 4 (front & rear) through him as opposed to just rear, I did not want the car dropped, and I needed an affordable solution to put the car back to stock height (and a little higher), and hopefully prevent sagging in the future. My front springs are fine.

Maybe I could have called Dayle and got him to do just 2 coils but I figured I'd learn something in the process and get the satisfaction of doing it myself.

My springs were completely gone...I would hit a minor bump and hear/feel the rear bottom out. So I did not get these new springs just for the sake of making the wheels stop burning a hole in the fender lining. although it was the motivating factor...they were much needed.

I don't see any issue with just replacing the rear springs and keeping the front stock. I'm not driving the car on a track so I can't speak for how well they take a hard corner at 65mph! I drive it more like a touring car, than a sports car. Besides, a 150 spring rate is not much higher than stock (110). This car is very well taken care of! I've never been more excited about driving it...I love this SVX! Especially now that the squishiness is gone !!!

Last edited by svxcuseme; 04-29-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:26 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to alia176

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcuseme View Post
Yes, I definatley visited Dayle's site. His rate was too high for me (175 rear, mine are around 150), I could only buy all 4 (front & rear) through him as opposed to just rear, I did not want the car dropped, and I needed an affordable solution to put the car back to stock height (and a little higher), and hopefully prevent sagging in the future. My front springs are fine.

Maybe I could have called Dayle and got him to do just 2 coils but I figured I'd learn something in the process and get the satisfaction of doing it myself.

My springs were completely gone...I would hit a minor bump and hear/feel the rear bottom out. So I did not get these new springs just for the sake of making the wheels stop burning a hole in the fender lining. although it was the motivating factor...they were much needed.

I don't see any issue with just replacing the rear springs and keeping the front stock. I'm not driving the car on a track so I can't speak for how well they take a hard corner at 65mph! I drive it more like a touring car, than a sports car. Besides, a 150 spring rate is not much higher than stock (110). This car is very well taken care of! I've never been more excited about driving it...I love this SVX! Especially now that the squishiness is gone !!!
I sent you an email about more info on this. Would you mind replying to it?

Thanks.

'92 SVX LSL
'03 4Runner
'96 FZJ80 Landcruiser
'90 Mercedes 300E
Old 06-14-2011, 08:45 AM
5 speed 4 sure

Registered SVX

Ali....sorry for taking so long to reply. I replied to your email FINALLY! I attached the build sheet to that email. I tried posting it here in the new photo post but had issues. I like the old lockers better!

If you use coil spring specialties, ask for Izzy. He was a big help.

Anyway, I gave you my cell# so call me with any questions.

Again, apologies for the delay in getting back to you.
Marc
Old 06-15-2011, 09:59 AM
Posting since Dec.'98
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

For those interested, I have Mychailo's sport springs in "regular" height with Koni inserts. The firmness is great. Not harsh even on roads with a lot of bumpy seams and patches. You do get a jolt from wayward unexpected bumps. I feel he got it just right. My brother who drives a Porsche 911 twin turbo was really impressed by my suspension.
ART Cryogenic/Slotted Rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, PWR Radiator, Tranny cooler, Stebro, Earthworm's Poly Differential/front & rear swaybar bushings, Koni Inserts and Mychailo SVX Sport Springs all 4 corners, Indigo Blue paint. Liquid Silver Wheels.