Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2009, 04:26 PM

rear sway bar

have contacted Nevin about the posibility of getting one of his rear sway bars.
With the exchange rate being good atm, just wondered if anyone else is keen and can work on saving freight costs which are almost as much as the bar itself, but may get a much better rate using TNT international rather than UPS.
I anyone is interested let me know

cheers
bruce
Old 12-18-2009, 11:08 PM

Registered SVX
Re: rear sway bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking64 View Post
have contacted Nevin about the posibility of getting one of his rear sway bars.
With the exchange rate being good atm, just wondered if anyone else is keen and can work on saving freight costs which are almost as much as the bar itself, but may get a much better rate using TNT international rather than UPS.
I anyone is interested let me know

cheers
bruce
What would the price be?
1973 1400 GSR Yelo 2 Door Coupe awaiting Restoration
Old 12-19-2009, 01:02 AM
Mr Soob

I got through 5 pages of his threads - I haven't got time to go through it all on my limited time budget.

Can someone distill down to cliffnotes on what he is offering, and the performance change it supplies?

Then a price in $A for the unit,

...then I'll add my name depending on projected total cost incl. shipping.
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178
Old 12-19-2009, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTaff View Post
I got through 5 pages of his threads - I haven't got time to go through it all on my limited time budget.

Can someone distill down to cliffnotes on what he is offering, and the performance change it supplies?

Then a price in $A for the unit,

...then I'll add my name depending on projected total cost incl. shipping.
G'day Pete,
so far through Nevin I have been quoted
- $ 230 USD for sway bar
- $250 USD delivery which would be $274 in AUS dollars as of 12/12/09. So, the cost of your bar plus shipping would be $480 USD or $526 AUS.

Sway bar will firm up the rear end and reduce body roll in corners, give better turn in.
Pic on the last page of Nevins post shows whats include and all reports are positive from those that have installed it.
- there are expected to be no issues with RHD cars as rear running gear is same
-to compare - WRX & BMW sways bars (rears) are approx $250 aus and these are mass produced versions with much bigger market

Obviously 2 or more bars would not cost double the freight so will see if anyone is interested.

Next week/after xmas will get a estimate from TNT when I get the packing size
Old 01-01-2010, 07:38 PM

Hi Bruce, I was browsing around and thought I'd just chime in here if that's alright with you.

What is included: Swaybar, swaybar bushings, endlinks, and all nuts and bolts. You unbolt your stock rear swaybar and bushings and this one bolts directly into it's place. All you need is your own grease for the bushings.

Bruce has a great idea here, fellows. I have no problem shipping things internationally, but as he has informed you all shipping from me to you would be quite expensive. Even if there are just 2 of you, with UPS your price goes to ~$375 each. If 3, ~$300. etc... (Still not "cheap" but a much better deal.) If Bruce can get something worked out with TNT, it could be an even better deal.

I have no idea how long I'll be making these things either, to be honest. Currently I have ten more "ordered" which people have signed up to purchase. However, after that I'm just going to be doing them in bulk-buy fashion. So as long as there is interest and willing customers I'll still be going for them. What that means though is that you wouldn't be able to get your hands on one til March or so anyway, because that's probably when the first "bulk buy" run will be.

Anyway, I just thought I'd say hello to you all and wish you the best. If any of you have any other questions for me, please don't hesitate to give me an email at nevinbontrager@gmail.com

Cheers all, and happy new year!

-nevin

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!

Last edited by Nevin; 01-01-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:30 AM
Mr Soob

I am still a tentative interested party.

Is anyone else intereted in this rear sway bar? If there is three of us it'll probably help with shipping enough to make it worthwhile.
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178