How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 11-05-2009, 06:27 AM

Registered SVX
Arrow Yankees Winnnnn!!!!

Ball game over, World Series over, Yankees win Thhhheee Yankees Winnnnnn! Sorry Philly fans, these arent the Rays! 27 and counting

Last edited by SVX92-97; 11-05-2009 at 06:38 AM. Reason: edit
Old 11-05-2009, 06:57 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Re: Yankees Winnnnn!!!!

With that payroll it would have been an embarassment NOT to win... $201.4 million this season and $1.7 billion since their last championship over the Mets in 2000. We were talking about this last night during the game too... Who was the last starting position player or pitcher the Brian Cashman traded for?
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 11-05-2009, 07:56 AM

Registered SVX

Ahhhh, a clownsox fan. The yankees are only playing by rules last I checked. A 200 million dollar payroll does not guarantee a world series title as yankees have shown not winning in nine years. Obviously it gives you an advantage of getting to the playoffs, but once you get there anything can happen, as yankees have shown this past decade. Be happy your team finally won a world series after 86 years, and than got another one. This phillies team was way better than the Cardinals and Rockies teams that laid down for you. Your Payroll is 121 million, and if you had a newer bigger stadium it would be higher. Its not like your a Royals fan. Besides, I dont see all those small market teams refusing the yankees revenue sharing money when we go knocking on their doors. Again, the yankees are only following the rules that Baseball and the players unino refuses to change. The Steinbrenners could easily have pocketed all that money they shelled out for Sabathia, Burnett and Teixiera, but winning is more important. [B]27 World Championships and counting. Next closest is St. Louis with 10 and Oakland with 9.

Go Yanks!
Old 11-05-2009, 07:58 AM

Registered SVX

Sicksubie, I believe the last starting pitcher that Cashman traded for was, I cringe when I hear it. Kevin Brown and Jeff Weaver, what a bunch of clowns.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX

roids help win ball games.

Would have loved to see A-Hole get hit with another "wild" pitch
Old 11-05-2009, 09:35 AM

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX92-97 View Post
Ahhhh, a clownsox fan. The yankees are only playing by rules last I checked. A 200 million dollar payroll does not guarantee a world series title as yankees have shown not winning in nine years. Obviously it gives you an advantage of getting to the playoffs, but once you get there anything can happen, as yankees have shown this past decade. Be happy your team finally won a world series after 86 years, and than got another one. This phillies team was way better than the Cardinals and Rockies teams that laid down for you. Your Payroll is 121 million, and if you had a newer bigger stadium it would be higher. Its not like your a Royals fan. Besides, I dont see all those small market teams refusing the yankees revenue sharing money when we go knocking on their doors. Again, the yankees are only following the rules that Baseball and the players unino refuses to change. The Steinbrenners could easily have pocketed all that money they shelled out for Sabathia, Burnett and Teixiera, but winning is more important. [B]27 World Championships and counting. Next closest is St. Louis with 10 and Oakland with 9.

Go Yanks!
Wow... Typical arrogant Yankees fan.. No where did I say I am a Red Sox fan. In fact I have been to more yankees games in the past two seasons than I have been to red sox games in my life. I went to 12 in 2008 and 4 this year. I am a fan of the game as a whole.
The new Yankee Stadium has nothing to do with their payroll as the Yankees had a VERY hard time selling tickets because of how expensive the seats are. What the organization does have are extremely lucrative cable tv contracts. I have no problem with the Yankees spending the money and not once complained or tried to make it sound like it was against the rules. They are simply proving capitalism works.
This Phillies team was very good the last couple years, but to say the Rockies and Cards just laid down for the Sox is to prove your complete ignorance of the game. The Rockies were clearly no match, but the Cards were a VERY solid team and the Red Sox dominated them both.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 11-05-2009, 09:41 AM

P.S. I have always loved NY sports fans who chant about their 26 Titles (now 27), but I guess when you suck in every other sport (exception the Giants in the last couple years), you need to brag about something. I dont see Montreal fans bragging on their 23 Stanley Cups or the Celtics bragging on their 17 banners...
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 11-05-2009, 11:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXyGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SVXyGirl
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie View Post
Wow... Typical arrogant Yankees fan.. No where did I say I am a Red Sox fan. In fact I have been to more yankees games in the past two seasons than I have been to red sox games in my life. I went to 12 in 2008 and 4 this year. I am a fan of the game as a whole.
The new Yankee Stadium has nothing to do with their payroll as the Yankees had a VERY hard time selling tickets because of how expensive the seats are. What the organization does have are extremely lucrative cable tv contracts. I have no problem with the Yankees spending the money and not once complained or tried to make it sound like it was against the rules. They are simply proving capitalism works.
This Phillies team was very good the last couple years, but to say the Rockies and Cards just laid down for the Sox is to prove your complete ignorance of the game. The Rockies were clearly no match, but the Cards were a VERY solid team and the Red Sox dominated them both.
isn't your favorite quote (on budfreaks forum) "the red sox win!". Or something like that....
92 Claret SVX LS-L (180k) 09/91 #5,732
06 Suzuki Boulevard M50 7k
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille (70k) Storage/hibernation for now.

Past SVXs:
94 SVX Emerald Pearl FWD (Sold)
96 SVX Bourdeaux LSi (Sold)
92 Pearl SVX LSL "Stay Puft" 5MT (140k) #148 (RIP)
95 Brilliant Red SVX LS (162k) 12/94 #564 "Killer Tomato" (RIP)

Old 11-05-2009, 11:20 AM

Not a huge sports fan here, but my secret sports wish is that the Yankees (and Dallas Cowboys) will become hobbled by mediocrity and stay there until the end of time. Most of us out here in Loserville USA are sick of hearing about 'em.

dcb
Old 11-05-2009, 12:21 PM

Registered SVX

The Cowboys havent won a super bowl since 96 and yankees took nine years from their last one. How bout complaining about the steelers or 49ers. Sicksubie, I totally disagree with you. You are a closet redsox fan who is afraid to admit it, and the Rockies are chokers, as were the Cardinals. They didnt have the talent as this phillies team and you know it. I know plenty of baseball and sports, and going to a ballgame doesnt make you a knowledgeable sports fan. BTW the Knicks have the highest payroll in Basketball and the Dolans own MSG, yet they keep putting embarrassing teams out there the past decade. No title since 73. It having the money yes, but how you use it is the key. The yankees knew they couldnt keep bringing in 37 year old has beens in, and got three solid players in Teixiera, Sabathia, and Burnett, although I still think they overpaid for Burnett.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarrb View Post
Not a huge sports fan here, but my secret sports wish is that the Yankees (and Dallas Cowboys) will become hobbled by mediocrity and stay there until the end of time. Most of us out here in Loserville USA are sick of hearing about 'em.

dcb
AWESOME!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 01:01 PM

Complain about the Steelers or 49ers for what? No one is complaining about anything. I simply stated a fact that with the Yankees payroll they SHOULD win or at least be in the world series every year. It is a testament when a team like Tampa makes it there by beating a team ( the red sox ) whose payroll is 4x larger in the playoffs and keeping the Yankees out of the playoffs completely.

I am a Sox fan and a Cardinals fan, but the game as a whole is what is great... You can say what you want about the Rockies and Cardinals, but they simply ran into a red hot red sox team that was firing on all cylinders and they got run over. That does not make them chokers. If you are going to say they choked, then the entire Phillies offense did the same in this WS too. 1-5 in their lineup was embarassing (with the exception of Utley).
I dont know know why you have gotten so defensive about the Yankees spending money. I have not criticized them for it at all. They have it, they spend lots of it, most of it in a pretty intelligent fashion (not that signing Texeira took a MENSA candidate to figure out), and they should win because of it. If they dont it is an embarassment. The Knicks just have terrible management top to bottom, add in bad coaches, and bad draft picks.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 11-05-2009, 01:08 PM

And yes the Yankees did pay a bit more than market value for Burnett... 5years and $82.5mil working out to be $16.5 a year. That is not bad, but a little bit more than what his abilities are worth.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1957 CJ-5
Old 11-05-2009, 04:15 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX

Championships are what a team should expect when they have the best team money can buy.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 11-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX

It was luck. The sun was in our eyes. We had to pitch and run up hill. Traffic was bad. This is a rebuilding year. We didn’t understand the rules. We were afraid people would think it was rigged if we had a blowout 2 years in a row. The parade funding was cutting into our drinking money. We were worried about the safety of our cars being parked in NY for another night.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: