Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 12-28-2007, 10:23 AM

Opinions on '93 Legacy Touring Turbo AWD Wagon

As the title says, I would like to know if any of you have an opinion about the 1993 Legacy Touring Turbo AWD Wagon? There is one for sale near me that looked in pretty good exterior and interior shape that has 148,000 miles on it. 5-speed manual. The guy selling it says he just put a new starter and alternator in it and it may need some new tires...but that everything else works in it. I haven't driven it yet though. He's asking $1995, but I would offer around $1k to $1250 at the most. I appreciate your time...thanks again for all your help.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:05 PM
Old Fogey

Registered SVX
Very nice cars, with a very sturdy motor. Only available from the factory with the Auto trans IIRC, so someone has done a swap to 5-spd. Lots of trouble with rust behind front fenders from clogging with sand and debris, so look at that carefully. If the car is in good shape your proposed offer may be laughed at. Good luck with the purchase!

Glenn

1993 25th Anniversary Edition #63 of 301. R.I.P. Rojo 7/24/2008 She saved my life!
1997 Ebony Mica Pearl LSI. BLACKBERRY
1998 5-Spd Legacy GT Wagon in Glacier White: NUBURU
2005 Cadillac STS in Sandstorm Metallic: STORMY

Veteran and farthest traveler of 1st SoCal2MuseumsMeet2010.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?RojoRocket
Old 12-28-2007, 04:39 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
My ex and had one that was swapped to a 5 speed and it had Legacy Gt wheels on it. It was liquid silver with tinting on all of the windows except the rear

The build quality of the Turbo Legacies vs the regular Legacy of the same year is like night and day. The Turbo models are built in Japan and the quality is far better, the ride quieter and the interior less rattly and noisy.

Sounds like a good deal. He paid $1000 with a bad trans
Old 12-28-2007, 07:24 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by abracc View Post
As the title says, I would like to know if any of you have an opinion about the 1993 Legacy Touring Turbo AWD Wagon? There is one for sale near me that looked in pretty good exterior and interior shape that has 148,000 miles on it. 5-speed manual. The guy selling it says he just put a new starter and alternator in it and it may need some new tires...but that everything else works in it. I haven't driven it yet though. He's asking $1995, but I would offer around $1k to $1250 at the most. I appreciate your time...thanks again for all your help.

If you like it, cough up the bread! Insurance co gave me $2,500. for the crashed 91 NON turbo a/t with rust, dirt and 165k, when it got clobbered a few years ago.

They still have value!

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 12-29-2007, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RojoRocket View Post
Very nice cars, with a very sturdy motor. Only available from the factory with the Auto trans IIRC, so someone has done a swap to 5-spd. Lots of trouble with rust behind front fenders from clogging with sand and debris, so look at that carefully. If the car is in good shape your proposed offer may be laughed at. Good luck with the purchase!

Glenn
You are right....I called the guy this morning and he said it was an automatic...my bad. Oh well...I'll go look at it anyway. Thanks again guys
!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: