Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Interior Mods

Old 12-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
so wait i'm confused what's this about dremeling stuff i thought u just used the stained glass paint to change all those buttons to red??? couldn't i do the same with blue???
Old 12-11-2007, 03:54 PM
OOC for a while

Send a message via AIM to 94SubieSVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
so wait i'm confused what's this about dremeling stuff i thought u just used the stained glass paint to change all those buttons to red??? couldn't i do the same with blue???

Yes you use the stained glass paint. But the white letters/symbols on the buttons have a green tint to them on the reverse side(inside when assembled). He is talking about using the 180grit to get that green tint off.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Collision Refinishing Tech

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94SubieSVX View Post
Yes you use the stained glass paint. But the white letters/symbols on the buttons have a green tint to them on the reverse side(inside when assembled). He is talking about using the 180grit to get that green tint off.
the buttons (fog,cruise) those buttons all you do is glob some stained glass paint on the back side of them the back of the buttons are white so any color will pop! i used the 180 grit behind the hvac display with a quick swipe over the green so the stained glass paint will stick to it a little better
Mods:AWD conversion/4.44 swap by Budfreak, Custom red interior lights, Custom Satin black dash, Power mode switch, Cold air intake, Permecool tranny filter,Sony xplode 10" sub, Sony xplode 1000w amp, Blitz in-line driver, DDM Tuning 6000k HID's, New paint job/body work by me, 97' Grill, QC shift kit, 17'' MB Motoring rims, 15&20 min mod, front & rear urethane swaybar bushings, Custom fiberglass sub box, Custom red led a/c control unit, perrin lightweight crank pulley, Black wrinkle finish powdercoated intake manifold w/ clear hoses , 02' outback heated/power black leather seats
Soon to come:Fiberglass hood, upholster ALL suede to black leather
Past subies:

92' Pearl White/black top LS-L-SOLD
96' Legacy Outback-TOTALED
99' Legacy Outback Limited 30th anniversary edition-TOTALED
98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
99' Forester S -WRX brake upgrade, soon an 04 wrx motor swap
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 12-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Locker Link Solution

I’m just picky. I not only wanted it blue, I wanted to SEE it and be crisp. You could call it overkill, but it was necessity to me.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 12-11-2007, 08:39 PM

Registered SVX
mine are all the same color even with the green still on the back of the hvac. i just like the deep red color of my interior. Also the pic i posted as the finish product of the HVAC was very dark because i found out about a month ago a bulb was burnt out in it making it look so crappy but i ordered new lights so ill take some new pics soon of the progress so far.
Mods:AWD conversion/4.44 swap by Budfreak, Custom red interior lights, Custom Satin black dash, Power mode switch, Cold air intake, Permecool tranny filter,Sony xplode 10" sub, Sony xplode 1000w amp, Blitz in-line driver, DDM Tuning 6000k HID's, New paint job/body work by me, 97' Grill, QC shift kit, 17'' MB Motoring rims, 15&20 min mod, front & rear urethane swaybar bushings, Custom fiberglass sub box, Custom red led a/c control unit, perrin lightweight crank pulley, Black wrinkle finish powdercoated intake manifold w/ clear hoses , 02' outback heated/power black leather seats
Past subies:

98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 12-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
ok ok i get it now so you are usin the sand paper on the actual buttons?
Old 12-12-2007, 04:17 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
ok ok i get it now so you are usin the sand paper on the actual buttons?
not the buttons, the back of the hvac where the green plastic is just give it a swipe or 2 to help the glass paint stick better to it
Past subies:

98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 12-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Banned

Registered SVX
k my god damn cd cage won't come out i undid all the freakin screws and i can't get the beast out!!! any tricks??
Old 12-14-2007, 04:21 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
k my god damn cd cage won't come out i undid all the freakin screws and i can't get the beast out!!! any tricks??
there are 3 screws two on the top corners and one on the bottom middle. but slide something on the right of the cage because there is a hook that will keep it there unless you slide something against it
Past subies:

98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 12-14-2007, 09:01 PM
Banned

Registered SVX
ah!!! there we go now you're talkin we'll see what happens now...
Old 12-14-2007, 09:57 PM
OOC for a while

Send a message via AIM to 94SubieSVX
It's easier for me also, if I turn the ignition to "on" and shift to the "1st" position while the car is NOT RUNNING. Gives you more room to work with.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:50 PM
Banned

Registered SVX
i'm 5 spd styliee... so for me that would be second,fourth, or reverse but ya...... um k so any pictures of what exactly to paint in these buttons??? cause I'm kinda lost i've got mine pulled apart and i painted the cover but what on the white things do you paint....
Old 12-16-2007, 09:40 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
i'm 5 spd styliee... so for me that would be second,fourth, or reverse but ya...... um k so any pictures of what exactly to paint in these buttons??? cause I'm kinda lost i've got mine pulled apart and i painted the cover but what on the white things do you paint....
Which buttons? the letters on the hvac or the fog,cruise buttons?
Past subies:

98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 12-16-2007, 09:15 PM
Banned

Registered SVX
the hvac ones
Old 01-05-2008, 07:57 PM

Registered SVX
updated pics sorry they're a little dark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0044.JPG (434.4 KB, 545 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0089.JPG (113.3 KB, 510 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0103.JPG (112.6 KB, 472 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0117.JPG (313.5 KB, 512 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0119.JPG (305.7 KB, 501 views)
Past subies:

98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress