SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-26-2002, 07:05 PM
abrasive personality

Send a message via AIM to NomadTW
vin

could someone give me the vin of a 94 svx or newer,
one i could use to give my insurance company to get an estimate for what the payments will be?

thx
Old 04-26-2002, 07:53 PM
Green1995SVX

JF1CX3334SH100081

95 SVX L AWD

-Mike
Old 04-27-2002, 07:23 AM
I hate stupid people!

Send a message via AIM to BoominSVX
Don't remember where I sawit but somewhere I found a number. 1-800-subaru3. I guess that this is the recall number that you can give your vin number to and they will tell you the recalls on our car if any. Has anyone ever tried this? Also, does it only work if bought from a dealer?
Old 04-27-2002, 08:32 AM
alacrity024

Yes, calling 800-SUBARU3 will connect you to SOA's database (interfaced to you by a real live human being!). You give them a vin (doesn't even have to be yours) and they'll tell you any maintance performed on the vehicle under Subaru Warranty and whether or not all the recalls were performed. I called for mine and found out that it got a new tranny at 37k! it's nice to have that peace of mind. Also they'll happily send you an owners manual and update their lists to include your name and address for any future mailings. A wonderful service.

-Adam
Old 04-27-2002, 11:31 AM
Green1995SVX

you can also register at www.mysubaru.com. It makes a nice little web page that tells you the service history of your car, allows you to see the owners manual online, and reminds you to have your car serviced at the regular intervals.

-Mike
Old 04-27-2002, 11:57 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
you can also register at www.mysubaru.com. It makes a nice little web page that tells you the service history of your car, allows you to see the owners manual online, and reminds you to have your car serviced at the regular intervals.
Unfortunately that only works for 1995 Subarus and up.
Old 04-29-2002, 04:37 AM
I hate stupid people!

Send a message via AIM to BoominSVX
Thanks fo the info guys, I have been waiting all weekend for monday so I could call. Well, I've been up all night but it's finally here. I'm not going to bed until I know my babies past. Thanks again guys. Lata
92 SVX LSL, Ebony Mica/Grey leather, K&N Cone, Pioneer Dehp-7300 premier, White Guages, Radar detector, Volfenhag VDX 12's, Memphis ST1000D digital amp, CompuSTAR 2000AS 2 way paging alarm with visual confirmation, and auto start. Cell Holder, Xenon (Ebay) bulbs in highs lows and fogs, Wire loom in engine bay, and a kitchen sink complete with soap dispensor and soap scum.