Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 09-27-2006, 11:24 AM

stalling

i'm new to this..a lot of good info.. couple of ?'s- i have 2- svx's both 92's one of them has 200k miles and started a unique problem- starts fine idles fine runs well for about an hour then it will just shut down except for the electrical. i can pull over put the car in park, turn the key off then it will start right back up and do fine , sometimes for the rest of the day sometimes it repeats.. any idea's would be helpful... i aslo have a very nice teal 92 with 75 k needs tires .. thoughts on the best ones .. thanks..joe.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Welcome to the site.

If you don't turn the key off will it not restart?
Does the check engine light come on? - If so you probably have an ECU trouble code.

As for tires what exactly are you looking for? eg. performance, comfort, noise, price
Old 09-27-2006, 12:01 PM

thanks

it's been so long since i've driven it. .. i'm pretty sure i had to turn the key off .. don't recall the check engine light. probably a good idea if i run it again and get my facts straight for you guys to help me.. tires... i drive interstate to work then into d.c. twice a week.. so comfort and less noise.. they don't have to be z rated but that's what i had in the past. i'll blow it out every blue moon when i'm pretty sure where the police are... is the ecu trouble code a computer generated answer best from a dealer? thanks again
Old 09-27-2006, 12:28 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
If you do have an error code you can pull it yourself followint the instructions on http://svx-iw.com in the SVXipedia.

You would probably be looking for a touring tire either V or even H rated to give you comfort and reasonable tire life.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:32 PM

Can't comment on the shut-down problem but I'm a very satisfied TOYO Proxes 4 tire owner. Pretty available (Les Schwab amongst others) and not excessively expensive for what they are.