Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 08-26-2006, 12:37 PM

Ahhhh More Codes

Well My check engine light came on again

Its the knock sensor Code 22 again so obviously probably needs replacing
Code 23 airflow sensor (dad moved it when he was cleaning engine bay probably messed something up)
Code 29 crank angle sensor
I just read the knock sensor is a common code for early model svxs so understandable

Whats up with the crank sensor or airflow though

Another problem gonna post another topic about it but figure i would throw it in here

I got a cheap phone car charger for my phone plug it in turn the car on with it in and didn't notice until i was like whats the time looked and the clocks not illuminated

So finally got a day off checked the fuse 3rd on in on the top row (cigar mirror) its a 20amp fuse.

I replace it since it was blown turn power on blows the fuse again
Did it 3 times to 3 different fuses

Whats up with that? Obviously a short somewhere (i really hope not)
Anyone got a clue whats up? How can I get it to stop blowing fuses like litterally the the clock doesnt even have time to fully light up before the fuse blows.

Thanks for your help in advance

Jared
Old 08-26-2006, 12:55 PM

Yet again spoke too soon glad I never made a full thread about it

Stupid design on the mirrors moving them back and forth causes stress on the wires and mine broke on both mirros taped them off and its all set

Pretty sure it was the Girlfriend that caused it too since she uses the mirrors all the time (ohhh GIRLS).

Going to reset the trouble codes and if the problem stays with the sensor theywill come back im assuming right?

Last edited by braaap11889; 08-26-2006 at 01:01 PM.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to Suby Fan Send a message via MSN to Suby Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Suby Fan
yep they should come back check the wiring on the MAF... it sounds like it might have been damaged... the knock sensors should be replaced in pairs because they are a ***** to get to... the cam sensor located on the drivers side cam there is one bolt holding it on its magnetic so it could have picked up crap thats is causing it to malfunction slightly... because if it was totaly bad the car wouldnt run
need work done? Have tools will travel
Old 08-28-2006, 10:08 AM

car actually runs better than new

NO lag no stalling or cutting out

What are the two sensors right on the top of the motor right in the middle front just set back alittle?

I dont even care really it was a 500 dollar car to get me by while my duramax is being fixed (**** nigger driving a uhaul clipped my bed and just kepted driving pushing my truck into another truck (f150 and a very large light post which i parked right new to. So I figure if it breaks sell it as a parts car for a few hundred. And put that into some darker tint (20% right now) and put it in savings until I decide if I want tvs in headrest (don't even need since I have never ridden in the back seat) (my truck my front seats) Probably just save up for tires since my tires are 200+ EACH and well when you have a deisel you can't help but smoulder them at any time.