How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-28-2006, 03:39 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Ok I was talking to a Lebanese friend of ours in Orlando Florida, he is the kind of guy who is really happy in his life ($$$$), he promised me he will help me with a Job that if I got the Card. Also I was extended the same courtesy by svxfiles's friend, Marcell (also Lebanese).

KEEPING FINGERS CROSSED

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:11 PM
Don't screw with the Dragon

Send a message via AIM to Jade Dragon Send a message via Yahoo to Jade Dragon
If you have the drive and the will to put with the famous USA Red tape... then go for it. There is always a need for intelligent people in the sates. If you make it over, we should all do a Welcome meet. finally get to meet all the people on here. Keep your hopes up and best of luck.

1992 Pearlie (Pearl): motorsport exhaust kit (Wife's)
1994 Red FWD (Roxi): Custom X exhaust
Old 03-28-2006, 11:17 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Best of luck on your travels. Dont forget your toothbrush
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 03-28-2006, 11:26 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipa
Well, you can also register for free by going directly through the State Department instead of the USAFIS program. The USAFIS has extras like an airplane ticket to winners that aren't given to the "free" entrants.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/divlott.htm

How Do I Apply?
Before each year's lottery drawing, the Department of State will publish explicit instructions on how to apply in press releases and the Federal Register. Please follow all directions exactly. Millions of applicants are rejected each year for failure to follow the directions. Please watch the State Department Website for more information on the Diversity Visa Lottery Program. Instructions are usually posted in August, and the registration period is usually held in October each year. Please note that the Diversity Visa Lottery Program for 2005 has ended.

How Much Does the Lottery Cost?
There is no fee for entering the diversity visa lottery. If you win, you must pay a fee for an immigrant visa and a separate visa lottery surcharge.

How Can I Find Out If I Won?
Only the winners will be notified by mail at the addresses listed on their applications. Winners will be sent instructions and information on fees. Being selected as a winner in the diversity visa lottery does not automatically guarantee that you will be issued a visa, even if you are qualified. The number of entries selected is greater than the number of immigrant visas available, because not everyone selected will be qualified for the visa or will choose to complete the processing. Once all 50,000 visas have been issued, the diversity visa program for the year will end.
She beat me to it. she zo smart. Her info is always up to date and accurate... Her jokes are old and stale though. OLd, old, old, stale, stale, stale. Poor Bipa and her used joke book from a 1989 auction on eBay.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 03-29-2006, 01:39 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCsvx_Lantern
If you make it over, we should all do a Welcome meet. finally get to meet all the people on here. Keep your hopes up and best of luck.
Looking forward to it hopefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
Best of luck on your travels. Dont forget your toothbrush
this is the minimum requirement

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:17 AM
Bipa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
She beat me to it. she zo smart. Her info is always up to date and accurate... Her jokes are old and stale though. OLd, old, old, stale, stale, stale. Poor Bipa and her used joke book from a 1989 auction on eBay.
Aw, shucks... just trying to help out

Heck no! I inherited that joke book!

It's an heirloom that will be treasured forever.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:07 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
...and stay the hell out of Wisconsin .... you'll freeze your ass off!
As opposed to Pittsburgh, where the winter is only 5 months long....

(I'm allowed to poke fun at the 'Burgh -- it's my home town.)

As to the cost of living vs. wages, I was very surprised when I moved down here (only 1-1/2 hours from Pittsburgh) that even though the wages are significantly lower, the cost of living is relatively the same, just slightly lower.

But the scenery is BEAUTIFUL . And the taxes are lower.

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint
Old 04-04-2006, 11:11 PM
After 200, it's all the same.

Don't let every one fog your mind with visions of living on the east coast. Just kidding east coasters. Here in Idaho, you can get a two bedroom apartment for anywhere from 450 to 575 a month. Cost of living isn't outrageous here. The area for the most part is really great, and you are only 20 minutes away from the state capitol. There are jobs aplenty here in the Capitol area. It would be great place to start out in, and if you happen to find something better, by all means persue it. Food for thought.

1992 Pearly 187K and climbing (11-91) #964 *retired

1992 Pearl SVX 122500 miles #86 FASTAR THAN THE OLD ONE.*SOLD

Everytime I get into my car, it always reminds me that it has POWER
Old 04-06-2006, 04:50 AM
Sue isn't really striped

Try coming to the NW, we have a great local SVX community here. We want our meets to get big like the eastcoast ones.

So would you be abandoning your SVX in Lebanon?
Old 04-06-2006, 08:39 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
P.S: Famous Lebanese people living abroad:

-Mario Zagallo (football player and coach in Brazil), his father was Lebanese from the family Zaccour, converted to Zagallo in Brazil.
-Salma Hayek, famous actress
-Nicolas Hayek, president of Swatch watches
-Carlos Ghosn, president of Nissan-Renault, he was the one who saved Nissan from bankruptcy in 1999
-George Chalhoub, famous Actor
-Shakira, famous singer/sexAy dancer
-Danny Eid, Fiberglass Wizard
I didn't realize Shakira was Lebanese as I knew she was born and raised in Columbia. However, when I looked at her Artist bio at Yahoo! Music, I saw that her father was of Lebanese descent.

http://music.yahoo.com/ar-263793-bio--Shakira

That's pretty cool.

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 04-06-2006, 02:53 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd
I didn't realize Shakira was Lebanese as I knew she was born and raised in Columbia. However, when I looked at her Artist bio at Yahoo! Music, I saw that her father was of Lebanese descent.

http://music.yahoo.com/ar-263793-bio--Shakira

That's pretty cool.
Yeah you saw her dancing style? This is oriental, pure oriental. This is why she became famous...

Old 04-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Drjohn

Possible SCAM

This does not sound correct. I would be careful about releasing credit card numbers to someone you do not know. Good Luck
Dr John
Old 04-09-2006, 04:55 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Well as I said, this is a Debit card or you can call it internet card. They cannot withdraw anything until I refill it back .