IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-01-2005, 02:09 PM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX
An era ends... again...

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29330

Yep, I know I've been here before (it was a long time ago now... darn, I feel old), but Thumper's selling his SVX. At least... I'm really seriously considering selling it.

I know, been down this road before... and I've now been through three SVX's... but it's time to move on. It seems like millenia ago that I bought my first SVX and started posting to the newsgroups about it (see http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ga...vx&qt_s=Search for more of my postings!). It seems like just as long since Jester set up the Yahoo! SVX Club (post number 3!!! Yeah baby!). Not quite as long... but a long time ago to me this club came into existence, and a bunch of discussions that the "old timers" from the Yahoo! club got lost into the ether of the Internet when we started the database again from scratch. Ahhhh... good old days <grin>

Seriously... I could reminisce all day... but I really believe the time has come to move on. I have loved the SVX experience... some bit of it more than others, granted... but it has been fun. The SVX is still a great car, and this is still a great group of people who have always been good to deal with and speak to. I wouldn't probably have owned three of them had it not been for (a) how much fun they are to drive and (b) the community that supports these wonderful cars. But now my needs are changing... my life is changing... and I can no longer afford the time to give this car the TLC she needs. Especially not since I really need a sedan at this point!

Don't worry though, friends... my fun quotient will still be ably met for at least three seasons of the year by my motorbike (1991 Honda Nighthawk 750), but I will miss AWD in the white stuff!

I'll post pictures of her soon... I want to sell her to a member or fan of the car... but if I don't get any interest I'll probably list her on Ebay next month. Not my ideal way to sell a car in my opinion, but my needs just aren't compatible with this car any more.

Friends; PM me if you like. I'll be checking in quite a bit over the next couple of months.

- Gavin