How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2005, 11:26 AM
The Croupier

I Feel for you that's gotta sting constantly & I truely hope you get it back.

1 thing you may try ( cant hurt ) call every tow & Impound yard within at least a 50 mile radius. I had a beater Ford POS Van stolen a few years back & it ended up getting Impounded due to Illegal Parking. I happend to be driving by the Impound place & said to my buddy that looks JUST like my van.

Don't wanna get ur hopes up but it cant hurt to make the calls.
Best of Luck & hope you have a better 2005 .
03 Yamaha V-star custom /classic 3k
Old 01-03-2005, 05:57 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
My recommendation if anyone really wants to protect their vehicle I'd say get an Omega GPS2000 piece. It's better than LoJack because YOU'RE in control. You can track your car, call it up, have it call you. With lojack, your police force does it all and you're left in the dark.
The price isnt that bad on those. I didn't know such a thing existed. Cool.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:50 PM
SVX Appeal

Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby
Those are pretty cool. I often wondered why such a thing didn't already exist. I guess it did and I hadn't noticed.

I wouldn't say that the GPS2000 is better than LoJack. It does have that James Bond cool-factor, but for vehicle recovery, I'll take a LoJack. I will grant however, that it simply cannot do the things the GPS2000 does.

LoJack has several points which make it a very good system: It's not dependant on having cellular service, it's very difficult to shield (in something like an underground parking garage,) there's no yearly service contract to fuss about, it uses a positioning system which the police can (and do) use, it will notify you if your car goes somewhere without you, and recovery times are outstandingly fast.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:57 PM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Any news? I still have an eye and an ear out for ya!

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 01-24-2005, 06:24 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Sorry to say, no. Looks like I will be settling with the insurance company hopefully this week. I already have my eye on another SVX and hopefully it will still be available by the time we settle with the insurance company. The jury is still out on what they will be paying me (credit company) for the car. If lucky I will break free on my old loan and will have be able to take out another loan for the replacement car. I really hope to find out who did this to me one day. Wonder if they realise just how much effect stealing a car has on the owner of said car.

Thanks for asking

Johnny

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:06 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by CigarJohnny
Sorry to say, no. Looks like I will be settling with the insurance company hopefully this week. I already have my eye on another SVX and hopefully it will still be available by the time we settle with the insurance company. The jury is still out on what they will be paying me (credit company) for the car. If lucky I will break free on my old loan and will have be able to take out another loan for the replacement car. I really hope to find out who did this to me one day. Wonder if they realise just how much effect stealing a car has on the owner of said car.

Thanks for asking

Johnny
hey john, just put a downpayment on the one you are seeing... not to let this one go again!!

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:00 AM
no limitation as limitation

i saw a black svx with pa tags in carroll county (hampstead) a week ago this one didnt have a spoiler, does yours? i have never seen that color in my area before. how far is bethlehem from the md state line. if you want you can pm me the last six of the vin and your area and i can have the guys at my work do a grid search. i work for a repo compony and we have a nack for finding cars and people that the police cant. ill defintly keep an eye out for it. i had my dad's 356 stolen from me while i was on a date at the movies. it was never found. people who steal cars need to be shot or at the least castrated.

Last edited by Matthewmongan; 01-25-2005 at 03:10 AM.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:42 AM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Johnnys has no spoiler, cloth interior, and his pictures are in his locker. Just trying to help. Tom
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 01-25-2005, 05:47 AM

i saw it in the 21136 md zip code which is ~160 miles from john location.. however i have offeces in jersey and new york that work in pa i let them know whats up.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:00 AM

i just faxed/called our jersey office with some pics of the car and its last known location. if the guys see a black svx or any svx they'll pop the door and reference the vin of the engine plate with PA state police. they have to open the car because it relitivly easy to obstruct or modify the dash vin and door plate exspechaly after such a long time. i wish i read this earlier because by now the car could be modified and sold with a fake title leaving a brod radious in wich the car could be hiding. american lenders has over 150 crews in that area so if its there and has a vin plate on it, it raises the probability of recovery a great deal.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:11 AM

the main problem i have with this is that the person was able to enter a locked svx with the alarm on. personaly i havent been able to open my door with a slim jim. you have to use a long bar and wedge the door open. two they would have to disconect the batery to pervent the alarm from going off which makes me theink this was premeditated. three i only know one person who can pick a double sided ingnition so the car had to be hot wired. ive only hot wired one car before, it was very difocult and it took two poeople (me and a guy to jump the celiniod). maybe someone cought on to the high prices of subaru svx replacement parts. this is a lot of homework to do for you average joy booster.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:42 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Here are the last 8 digits of my VIN #. Let me know what you find. Even if I never get my car back I would love to see these bastards tracked down and punished.

NH105509

Thanks,
Johnny

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:46 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby

If you're cheap like me, you'd get one of those GPS receivers and then pay a company like http://www.road.com for the GPS tracking.

Receiver ~ $100
Monthly Service Fee ~ $40

I'm not a fan of pay per use.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthewmongan
i just faxed/called our jersey office with some pics of the car and its last known location. if the guys see a black svx or any svx they'll pop the door and reference the vin of the engine plate with PA state police. they have to open the car because it relitivly easy to obstruct or modify the dash vin and door plate exspechaly after such a long time. i wish i read this earlier because by now the car could be modified and sold with a fake title leaving a brod radious in wich the car could be hiding. american lenders has over 150 crews in that area so if its there and has a vin plate on it, it raises the probability of recovery a great deal.
let me git this striagt, if one of your guys see a black svx or any svx, they'll pop the door and reference the vin of the engine plate with PA state police? they have to open the car because it's relitivly easy to obstruct or modify the dash vin and door place exspechaly after the length of time that has traspired.

is that what you guys plan to tell the police when either someone comes out to kick your ass or calls the cops on your for braeking and intering?
Old 01-25-2005, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthewmongan
the main problem i have with this is that the person was able to enter a locked svx with the alarm on. personaly i havent been able to open my door with a slim jim. you have to use a long bar and wedge the door open. two they would have to disconect the batery to pervent the alarm from going off which makes me theink this was premeditated. three i only know one person who can pick a double sided ingnition so the car had to be hot wired. ive only hot wired one car before, it was very difocult and it took two poeople (me and a guy to jump the celiniod). maybe someone cought on to the high prices of subaru svx replacement parts. this is a lot of homework to do for you average joy booster.
you poeople up north aren't too good at boosting cars are you? it's not that difocult to break into an svx. members on this board has done it before. i theink one of these days, i'll have to try to see if i can hotwire my svx. i want to see if the double sided ingnition is that hard to bypass.