How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2001, 07:19 PM
ekprintsos

Angry what an experience-Introducing myself to a new svxer!

Ok guys, I have to share this story w/you.
Jeff Scorse made these really cool little handouts for when meeting new svx owners on the road or wherever, so he emailed one to me back in April. They have the new logo and site address and they look really cool.
So I made a few copies of these and I keep them in my car to put on svx's windshields when i see an svx in a parking lot.

One day I'm at the gym w/my friend Dena and as we leave I see an svx in the lot. Instead of looking like an idiot and running back into the gym and announcing on the PA system that i'm looking for the svx owner I decide to put one of these handouts on the windshield of this beautiful red svx. And being the innocent person that I am... i decide to write my email address on there as well my name and cell # incase that man or woman wanted to ask questions about the site.

WELL... LET ME TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENED WHEN I GOT HOME...
I had the nastiest email on my computer. It was from a kid who was 13 or so he said...and proceeded to call me a horrible names and saying that i was trying to pick up his dad and that his mom will kill me if i try and that i better stay away from him.
I WENT INTO SHOCK.
then the kid proceeded to Instant Messenger me every 2 seconds and gave out my email address to all his teenage friends (who by the way had very explicit email addresses) and they kept IMing me the entire time i was online. For two days straight this happend.
SO FINALLY i IM'd back and said that I will report them to AOL if they didn't stop im'ing me and they stopped.
I told the other kid that i was a member of the svx club and that i was only trying to introduce whoever the owner of that car was to the club.
THEN THE KID PROCEEDED TO TELL ME THAT IT'S A SEX CLUB AND THAT I'M TRYING TO SPLIT HIS PARENTS UP...and if i did try he'd track me down. Then he started sending me WWF emails.

OHHHH MYYYY did I learn my lesson.
I have seen so many svx's around, but don't dare to put another handout w/info on anyone's car again.
CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS.

by the way if there is anyone on this site who has a child with the email address of O0devine.... please make sure you punish him!
Kathy.
Old 11-06-2001, 08:00 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via AIM to nvrmore100 Send a message via Yahoo to nvrmore100
SHEESH!

What else can you say. :-/

I can't say I've had any success with the window decals either though. Everyone seems to think you have 2 heads when I put them on.

Ryan

http://www.ryanmacdonald.com
http://www.digitalvertigo.net
http://www.open-innovations.com
Old 11-06-2001, 08:28 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Wink

If this kid, who obviously can't tell a "V" from an "E", bugs you again, just tell him that not only will you take his dad away from him, but you'll become his evil stepmother, & send him to a military school where they don't allow any electronic toys, & make you study English literature & medieval social courtesy twelve hours a day.
That should discourage the lad!
Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 11-06-2001, 08:44 PM
One teal and One yellow

Re: what an experience-Introducing myself to a new svxer!

well, what can i say? your enthusiasm turned out this kinda experience?? it's a bad experience. do u think that it'd happen to any svx cars? well, it'll be definitely not from me!!

no clue! maybe that's a third party(bad) modified ur poster that you put on that red SVX??? or someone(bad) took the handout first for vandalism b4 the actual red svx owner got it? still no idea!

well, you know our cars, SVX is close to SEX. it's just one middle letter different! ~ sorry about your experience!

that's my analysis. well, i really CAN'T believe that.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 11-06-2001, 09:21 PM
The Road Less Traveled

Kathy, there's two solutions:

1) don't bother putting your e-mail there. They can check out the site, or they can choose not to.

2) Leave a spare suit and tie in the trunk, wear it with a baseball cap before approaching the car.

You know, the story is so outrageous that if it wasn't first hand information I wouldn't believe it. But I guess sometimes truth IS stranger than fiction...

VK
Old 11-06-2001, 09:38 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Kathy,

This is what I've done in the past.

1. I took a bunch of the cards and gave them to my dealer who disto them for me.

2. I hand out the cards but without my real name on it. I do write my club name (Seraphim) on the car at the back

3. With kids that threaten like that, I pull up all my energy to teach them how to read first -- firstly, I call up AOL and inform the aol tech about the problem and I insist that the parent write/call me. And I had been pretty successful with kids who call names on AOL before with parents grounding them or what not.

wish you luck
Lwin

SVX -- SEX? I know the car is damn sexy but I have not picked up anyone with the SVX yet -- but then again I was not looking or trying
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 11-07-2001, 04:55 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Hi Kathy,

The last time I talked to my (Subaru) dealer about the SVX and told him about the site, he replied that it was becoming a "CULT" car

Other people often look at me kind of strange when I tell them there is a club on the internet and say "You belong to a club on the internet for this car?" 'Isn't that getting a little excessive?

You have reconfimed my belief in the human race. No act of ture kindness will go unrecognized, sometimes with good results, sometimes not.

You have also reconfirmed my belief in not sending any personal information out regarding the net.

Hope you feel better.
Old 11-07-2001, 06:56 AM
Lowered SVX

hahaha.....

poor kathy, that is terrible but really funny too. people are ridiculous.

i saw a red svx in a target parking lot one day, pulled over wrote this nice endearing note about our group and the net. put my number on there in case the person wanted to meet and share svx stories. NO CALL, NO CORRESPONDENCE!! i think i will declare myself the SVX Nazi!

"you dont return my call, you put a ricer spoiler on your svx, then........NO SVX FOR YOU!"

(for those of you that dont watch seinfeld, there was this character called the soup nazi, basically if you pissed him off he chanted, "no soup for you, now get out of my shop")
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 11-07-2001, 07:20 AM
ekprintsos

Re: what an experience

"The SVX NAZI" I like that one!
Yeah it was a horrible experience. I did try to contact AOL but he didn't have an aol account. just the messenger account and they couldn't do anything about it.
Now I don't bother with these people. at all .
I beeped and waved at one guy on the highway who just turned and looked at me DIDN'T SMILE OR WAVE and then looked back front. PISSED ME OFF. So I floored it, cut him off and kept going.
NO SVX FOR HIM!!!!EITHER.

why can't more people be like us???? huh???
OH and I haven't picked anyone up in my car yet either...except for cops.

Kathy
Old 11-07-2001, 08:00 AM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Wink

Hmmm...maybe the kid could also interpret Subaru SVX Network to be for those that only prefer svx in Subarus. Tell the kid as long as he keeps his dad out of the car he has nothing to worry about....

Beav

I am not a politician, and my other habits are good
Old 11-07-2001, 08:06 AM
The Road Less Traveled

You know, I'm not one for retaliation, but...

How many friends could that kid have? How many members do we have? I wonder what would happen if several hundred of us started to IM him...

VK

(Disclaimer: Not that I would condone it, but that's not to say I won't participate in it either... )
Old 11-07-2001, 08:40 AM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
Quote:
Originally posted by vkykam
(Disclaimer: Not that I would condone it, but that's not to say I won't participate in it either... )
LOL
Old 11-07-2001, 08:58 AM
ekprintsos

hahaha

I'm IN! 0odivine@aol
watch out-here we come.

I wanted to apologize to his dad for causing a problem w/his wife!
I felt like the "other woman".

hehehehe

kath.
Old 11-07-2001, 09:01 AM
ekprintsos

I see the kid online all the time....
but ever since I told him that I know his dad's license plate and that I date a cop and I'll have him come by the house and have a talk to his parents...... he stopped IM'ing me.
kath

Old 11-07-2001, 09:44 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
While making more cards to hand out yesterday, a thought striked my mind. There is something wrong with that family kathy. The kids normally do not care about what parents do. This one seems to be over protective of the family's relationship. I wonder why. That is what I get for being a psych major for a while in college. Now I am a CS grad with and a major psycho.

I think we can IM the crap out of him. I have 2 computers and a cell phone I can use to IM the boy. Wanna start the IM flooding session?

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!