How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 04-06-2004, 07:05 PM
Rob

Talking SVX (mine) dusted an Acura

Great fun this evening. I was cruising home from work when a riced out Acura stopped along side of me at a stop light and rolled down his window. (All my glass is blacked out....) I noticed his decaled rice mobile as a ricer and decided to comment...)
"Whats up?" I asked. He replied "just having fun."
The light turned green, I punched it, first gear held nice, ricer was holding to my rear quarter panel but fading. Second gear (somewhere around 50 to 60 I think. I was watching the road...)
I was easily pulling ahead...) stayed it the throttle until the puss backed off.
He knows all about my SVX by now.
Just had to share....
Rob

(In love with his car...)
Old 04-06-2004, 07:09 PM
Green1995SVX

Please post racing threads in the Off-Topic forum. Thank you.

Mike.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:09 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Talking

Ha ha ha! That ricer got owned...

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 04-06-2004, 07:22 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Re: SVX (mine) dusted an Acura

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
Great fun this evening. I was cruising home from work when a riced out Acura stopped along side of me at a stop light and rolled down his window. (All my glass is blacked out....) I noticed his decaled rice mobile as a ricer and decided to comment...)
"Whats up?" I asked. He replied "just having fun."
The light turned green, I punched it, first gear held nice, ricer was holding to my rear quarter panel but fading. Second gear (somewhere around 50 to 60 I think. I was watching the road...)
I was easily pulling ahead...) stayed it the throttle until the puss backed off.
He knows all about my SVX by now.
Just had to share....
Rob

(In love with his car...)
what kind of acura was it? i raced one long time ago in my green on an empty highway at 3am. it was a acura gsx or rsx or whatever the hell it was. was going 65mph-ish riding nose to nose and then gunned it. it kept up and even started creeping slightly ahead of me at 90mph or so...over 100 either he chickened out or i pulled away, dunno...did this 4 times, slowed down to wait for him at 65 again. so i was just curious.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:29 PM

Re: Re: SVX (mine) dusted an Acura

Must be either an Integra or RSX. Most ricers dress up those cars and hit the streets looking for trouble (remember stickers add 10hp each ). Glad you took him to school...

-Chike

P.S. Bet he didn't know what your car was. He'll probably tell his friends he lost to an NSX!

Quote:
Originally posted by Noir
what kind of acura was it? i raced one long time ago in my green on an empty highway at 3am. it was a acura gsx or rsx or whatever the hell it was. was going 65mph-ish riding nose to nose and then gunned it. it kept up and even started creeping slightly ahead of me at 90mph or so...over 100 either he chickened out or i pulled away, dunno...did this 4 times, slowed down to wait for him at 65 again. so i was just curious.

Old 04-07-2004, 01:39 AM
After 200, it's all the same.

i duster so many acuras and civics(hence the name) that it is not funny. Oh how they try

1992 Pearly 187K and climbing (11-91) #964 *retired

1992 Pearl SVX 122500 miles #86 FASTAR THAN THE OLD ONE.*SOLD

Everytime I get into my car, it always reminds me that it has POWER
Old 04-08-2004, 12:51 AM
abrasive personality

Send a message via AIM to NomadTW
rsx-s will keep up from a stop
Old 04-08-2004, 02:43 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

HA!!! I'd like to see any Acura (Other than an NSX) Keep up with me from a stop

---> It'll be a cold day in hell when an Acrua or a honda beats me off the line and especially through the corners!!!

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 04-08-2004, 10:32 PM
Breck SVX

a 6-speed new TL would give you some trouble
Old 04-09-2004, 06:00 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by NomadTW
rsx-s will keep up from a stop
Yep - a guy who used to work at my plant had one - from a stop it will be very close - especially if the rsx driver knows how to shift.
Top end high speed you will pull on him.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:44 AM
not just a fan, a Member!

i'm actually suprised to hear about all this success against hondas.... true, in their stock form, the civics and the integras are not that powerful, but it really isn't that hard, with all the aftermarket support, to tune a civic into an off-the-line beast... there is no question that from 70mph+ the svx will definitely take over, but wow... i'm amazed to hear that the svx is doing so well off the line.....
mrspyder: gotta have a drop top in cali...

always looking for a reliable 5spd svx...
Old 04-09-2004, 01:57 PM
alacrity024

mine does well off the line...

4.11's help
Old 04-09-2004, 02:38 PM

I'm actually surprised it'll be close from a stop on account of the SVX's AWD launch. Plus those RSX's are FWD, and if the driver gives it too much gas, all they'll get are spinning front wheels and torque steer...

-Chike

Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby
from a stop it will be very close - especially if the rsx driver knows how to shift.

Old 04-09-2004, 11:35 PM

Hell I posted about a year ago that I beat my friend and his 1997 3000gt SL... It was great... Just search my posts from about a year ago... I tore him up all through 1st gear then (with my tranny slipping) he passes ever so slowly about mid 2nd gear... I know that with the 5 speed he wouldn't stand a chance now

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 04-09-2004, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by subafan
i'm actually suprised to hear about all this success against hondas.... true, in their stock form, the civics and the integras are not that powerful, but it really isn't that hard, with all the aftermarket support, to tune a civic into an off-the-line beast... there is no question that from 70mph+ the svx will definitely take over, but wow... i'm amazed to hear that the svx is doing so well off the line.....
Alot of it is just incompetent people trying to tune these cars... They are either not putting the right parts on or the right combination of parts on... with the right combination of parts I think that a Civic would really give us a run for our money... As much as I hated typing that it is true... There are just too many performance parts out there and those cars are nice and light and easy to mod.... Oh well, atleast they will always be a honda and never look like an SVX

Last edited by GreenMarine; 04-11-2004 at 12:53 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: