How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-07-2001, 04:52 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
If SVX stands for "Subaru Vehicle, Experimental"; does XT stand for "Xciting Transport"?

Larry III
Old 11-07-2001, 06:59 AM
Lowered SVX

well done ron.....

so how long did it take you to come up with that?

i bet they initially called it a special experimental vehicle, but SXV just doesnt have the same ring to it. so they just switched around the letters.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 11-07-2001, 08:17 AM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Whatever it means/meant let's be glad the marketing department (who was probably more responsible than the engineering dept.) didn't hang a handle like Legacy or Justy on it...
Old 11-07-2001, 11:55 AM
Lowered SVX

very good point beav.

of all the people that has ever looked at my svx, none of them have ever asked what the letters stand for. i like the name and it is much better than justy. those are pointless cars to me. not enough hp for anything.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 11-18-2001, 01:57 PM
One teal and One yellow

Re: Re: :D SVX means many things huh.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim

I've sent an email to SOA with that question. Normally, they reply within 24-48 hours. Hope they reply soon. When they do, I will attach their response here.

Lwin
well, our cars are the fast ones....why the ans took so long?
it's gonna be 2 weeks! still no reply from them, Lwin?
do they actually know about it?

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 11-18-2001, 02:06 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: very good point beav.

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
of all the people that has ever looked at my svx, none of them have ever asked what the letters stand for. i like the name and it is much better than justy. those are pointless cars to me. not enough hp for anything.
Because the idea of cars as reliable, efficient and safe transportation is distasteful?

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 11-19-2001, 10:18 AM
BradT

Stop Violating Xylophones
Seven Virgins Xeroxed
Salami Voted Xerxes
Slapping Vicar Xavier
Slightly Volatile Xenon
Santa Vetos Xmas

You're welcome.

--Brad
Old 11-19-2001, 01:45 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
I thought it stood for:

Bring $erious Money.

Larry III
Old 11-19-2001, 03:08 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII
I thought it stood for:

Bring $erious Money.

Larry III
Larry, are you driving a Subaru BSM?!?!?! Hmmmm. Of course, you're familiar with what the letters BMW stand for in New York, right? BREAK MY WINDOW!!!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 12-27-2001, 04:25 PM
One teal and One yellow

Talking bring it back...... got the real ans?

bring it back...after more than 1 mth old...

it seems the real ans has come out..??....but during the discussions....SVX does mean many and too many... that's the info i read & copied it from yhoo club. they're wondering a lot and had a great discussion. thought someone or some newer owners might be interested to know...... here you go...

I e-mailed SOA and registered my ownership of the SVX. I included the question of "What does SVX stand for?" Here is a copy and paste of the answer:

<<"Thank you for visiting the Subaru Web site and congratulations on the purchase of your '92 SVX. We hope that you are enjoying it.

'SVX' does not stand for anything in particular.">>

Kind of anticlimatic. I've been a member for about a week and already causing controversy.

Randy (Troublemaker)

PS: Larryi, Larryii, Larryiii....Randyi, Randyii??

Old 12-27-2001, 04:37 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: bring it back...... got the real ans?

Quote:
Originally posted by SSSVX
bring it back...after more than 1 mth old...

it seems the real ans has come out..??....but during the discussions....SVX does mean many and too many... that's the info i read & copied it from yhoo club. they're wondering a lot and had a great discussion. thought someone or some newer owners might be interested to know...... here you go...

I e-mailed SOA and registered my ownership of the SVX. I included the question of "What does SVX stand for?" Here is a copy and paste of the answer:

<<"Thank you for visiting the Subaru Web site and congratulations on the purchase of your '92 SVX. We hope that you are enjoying it.

'SVX' does not stand for anything in particular.">>

Kind of anticlimatic. I've been a member for about a week and already causing controversy.

Randy (Troublemaker)

PS: Larryi, Larryii, Larryiii....Randyi, Randyii??
This has been an ongoing point of debate for some time. The Road & Track Guide (now that I can quote it without fear of donning flame suit) says that it stands for "Subaru Vehicle X-sperimental. I kind of like that explanation, especially since it came from a guy that drove the car along with the engineers that built it. But, if you just want it to stand for SVX, I think that's fine too. The only thing that really varies with the SVX is the personalities of their owners -- and those personalities vary across a wide band.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 12-27-2001, 07:20 PM
svxeno

Wow, one of my posts made it here before I did. I guess I can stand Subaru Vehicle X-sperimental. In any event I've had it for about 3 weeks now and, if I could get past the tansmission worries, I'd be having a great time. (Still love the car though)

Randy (Troublemaker)

B-T-W, am I Randyii?
Old 12-27-2001, 10:55 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by svxeno
Wow, one of my posts made it here before I did. I guess I can stand Subaru Vehicle X-sperimental. In any event I've had it for about 3 weeks now and, if I could get past the tansmission worries, I'd be having a great time. (Still love the car though)

Randy (Troublemaker)

B-T-W, am I Randyii?
Randy, don't be paranoid and just enjoy the car. After I bought the car, I was terribly paranoid, especially since I didn't know about the tranny problems and suddenly was "enlightened" by the Yahoo crowd. I finally decided to prescribe to Benjamin Franklin's words: "Always prepare yourself for the worst. That way, if it doesn't happen, you're not disappointed." I just simply resigned myself to the fact that the tranny WOULD fail at some point in time. That way, when it DID happen, I was prepared. However, I wasn't prepared for the saga that would follow -- that's a whole other story. Just have fun with it.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 12-28-2001, 01:25 AM
One teal and One yellow

Smile Welcome...welcome..

Quote:
Originally posted by svxeno
Randy (Troublemaker)
B-T-W, am I Randyii?
'new randy', welcome, welcome to the network!! this is your first post. 'old randy' said the right thing. just enjoy and have fun with it, but be prepared! before i bought mine, i knew about the tranny problems..etc. i knew this machine is expensive to drive even if i can afford... i also knew i like stick shift more, but still, i got my svx. i knew about the problems but i still wanted the car....i tried my best to look for one which apparently had the problems corrected. that's the best i could do. so hope to just enjoy the car more.... in fact, i also met some pple. they didn't know about the tranny probs and have been driving the svxes for yrs is still good. ignorance is a bliss, right?

btw, i'm the one who copied your ans from yhoo club.

PS: doesn't matter! now we've randies here. you guys decide who wants to be i or ii.

Old 12-28-2001, 01:48 AM
One teal and One yellow

Cool I give up

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
This has been an ongoing point of debate for some time. The Road & Track Guide (now that I can quote it without fear of donning flame suit) says that it stands for "Subaru Vehicle X-sperimental. I kind of like that explanation, especially since it came from a guy that drove the car along with the engineers that built it. But, if you just want it to stand for SVX, I think that's fine too. The only thing that really varies with the SVX is the personalities of their owners -- and those personalities vary across a wide band.
I kind of give up to find out what on earth does the 'SVX' actually mean? Who is the best person to ask about? SOA or Road & Track Guide? Again, one of them could be giving the wrong answer. I know over here SVX can mean a lot..... What does SVX mean is variably depended on its owner now?? Hmmm...my SVX is my svx...... I'm SSSVX.