SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 12-21-2003, 03:46 PM
CGLathrop

Re: Re: Disagree.. and agree..

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane

"Oh... pot is a GATEWAY drug! A high percentage of MAJOR drug users tried Marijuana BEFORE they moved onto coke!"

WELL NO CRAP, MORONS!

Glad you agree with me on that..
Old 12-21-2003, 03:56 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Apparently you didn't continue to read. Most people who have smoked pot have also had a beer.

Does this make beer a gateway drug???

Yes. Yes it does. In fact, the biggest gateway drug.

- Rob
Old 12-21-2003, 03:57 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Also, just because 99% of coke users have tried marijuana does NOT mean that 99% of pot users try coke. If you understood logic this would be easy for you to understand.

- Rob
Old 12-21-2003, 04:06 PM
CGLathrop

Why??

Ok Chicane..
Why do you have to call people an asshole?? Maybe they dont have all the information that you have. Just because they dont know that hemp can make more paper then trees, diesel fuel, and clothing doesnt mean they are an Asshole? Wouldnt it be better for you to educate them (nicely) and let them come to a conclusion on their own? I for one appreciate it when someone brings information to the forum such as the information about William Randolph Hearst that you brought. I am willing to bet that less then 5% of the people here knew that fact (Probably even fewer). Unfortunatly when you bring it in such a distasteful manner it ends up loosing someone who may be willing to see things they same way you do. So now the "asshole" may never even entertain the possibilities that hemp could bring to the industries.

Chris.
Old 12-21-2003, 04:11 PM
CGLathrop

One more thing

Chicane..

I did read all of your post. I quoted you just to be a little sarcastic.

Just wondering.. do you have a time frame on when W.R. Hearst ran those articles against pot? Just curious how long ago it was. I am guessing early 60's. Can you enlighten me.

Chris
Old 12-21-2003, 05:02 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Wiz Send a message via AIM to Wiz Send a message via Yahoo to Wiz
Re: One more thing

Quote:
Originally posted by CGLathrop
Chicane..

I did read all of your post. I quoted you just to be a little sarcastic.

Just wondering.. do you have a time frame on when W.R. Hearst ran those articles against pot? Just curious how long ago it was. I am guessing early 60's. Can you enlighten me.

Chris
Actually it was in the late 30's.
Old 12-21-2003, 05:15 PM
CGLathrop

Thanks.

late 30's.. learn something new everyday... Thanks for the info.

Chris
Old 12-21-2003, 05:21 PM
CGLathrop

found this info for all..

found it at marijuana.com
"Harry Anslinger was the Commissioner of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics (created in 1930) from 1930-1962, and he was the main driving force behind the Marijuana Tax Act. William Randolph Hearst was a major player in demonizing marijuana, often writing inflationary stories about crazed people who went on rampages as a result of the drug. These stories were never corroborated and are all believed to be false. Hearst made the paper for his newspapers from wood, so he had a vested interest in making hemp illegal because paper made from hemp would make his paper-making machinery obsolete and the acres of forests he used for creating his paper less useful."

Chris
Old 12-21-2003, 08:30 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Looking up from down under.

Offcourse I can't speak from personal useage, But,

Tetrahydrocannabinol is one of the wonderful herbs along with Aspirin, Penicillin, eg, that nature has provided for mankind. Nature has provided our brain with receptors to assist in its use.

THC has the ability to instantly remove stress, relieve pain and aid in increasing the appetite of AIDS suffers. Intense pain caused by limb amputation (phantom pain) is not relieved by normal analgesics, THC does not remove it, but it is pushed into the background, so that you can carry on normal activity. Morphine does the same job, but as it is refined, and its many other constituents have been removed, it has too many other side effects for every day use.

As with all things, too much and you can develop a habit. I have seen it happen here, when one SVX is never enough, you got to have more, to satisfy the craving. When it gets to this, its beneficial use has gone, immunity has set in.

The period 1783 to 1786 when the plans were laid for colonising Australia. Was a time of severe crisis in British hemp. Britain relied on Russia for most of its hemp, and when Russia was allied against it, it relied on hemp from its American colonies. During the war with revolutionary America and France, a coalition of Baltic powers formed the Armed Neutrality and cut off British supplies of hemp. With the American colonies against it, and Russian hemp supplies cut. Britain lost the US War of Independence largely because of the resultant crisis of naval supplies. At the time, every sailing ship in its vast fleet required half a square mile of hemp every two years for rope, sails and rigging. Thus it was the British Government that encouraged the industry in all its colonies with bounties, grants of land and free seed.

America has been the source of the move against the use of the native plant. Offcourse money had a lot to do with it. Be it paper or synthetics.

“ How absurd is a law that seeks to classify a plant as a crime, as if there were something feloniously wrong with nature” ~ Justice Jim Staples, Sydney, 1980.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 12-21-2003, 08:37 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Re: Re: Not ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Wiz

We are not talking about the opium popies they grow in the middle east. We are talking about a herb which is grown localy most of the time.
Correction: You can't grow those in the middle east. Opiums are grown in Afghanistan. As of last year, Afghanistan took over the world's production. Before that, Burma had the biggest piece of that pie at astonishing 78% of the world's opium production.

L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:•2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 12-21-2003, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BurgundyBeast
Better hope noone in the DEA has an SVX

I have a DEA cap. Does that count?
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 12-21-2003, 09:39 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Wiz Send a message via AIM to Wiz Send a message via Yahoo to Wiz
Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph

I have a DEA cap. Does that count?
Depends on what it stands for. Does it mean drug enforcement agency or drug enjoyment agency?
Old 12-21-2003, 09:48 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Drunk Every Afternoon
Friend of mine has the shirt.

God made pot, man made beer. Who do you trust?

P.S. Did you know 94% of statistics are wrong?
P.P.S. I realize that pot takes Chicane back to Ca$h

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 12-21-2003, 10:08 PM

I have a FBI Tshirt : Federal Bureau of Intoxication.
Old 12-22-2003, 12:24 AM
Breck SVX

Has anyone seen those recent ridiculous Ad Counsel commercials about pot? I cant remember all of them but here are two;

1. car accident; the one with the grey camry at a drivethrough where they're about to run over a girl on a bike
All I can see that this proves is marijuana can be as dangerous as alcohol, if abused.

2. kid finds a gun and ends up shooting his friend; 'Hey, look I found my Dad's gun, isn't it cool, lets play with it' BAM!
cant argue with the logic behind this, last time i was high i went on a gun-finding rampage and shot ALL of my friends, and some people i didn't even know!

It doesnt seem to me that marijuana, even in its most extreme and abused forms, can compare to the destructive potential of alcohol, so why the big whoop?...that seems to have been adressed in the preceding posts...so whats my point you say? i'm not really sure; i just think those ad counsel commercials are horsesh*t.

-Alex

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: