How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 12-16-2003, 08:32 PM
SVX26517

A little embarrassed but........

Well, ever since I got well from the flu, my right kidney feels like its been pulled out of my body. it sorta feels like a sore mustle, but its not. Before this soreness feeling happened, i got a real sharp painful pain that you cant walk, or move from. I feel embarrassed to post this on here, but i hope someone has an idea of whats going on. I hope its not a kidney infection, but it probably is. thats what you get from being on a diet of Dr. Pepper
Old 12-16-2003, 08:59 PM
JLittell

Thumbs up

Cranberry Juice helps... you might want to call the Doc! Get well soon!
Old 12-16-2003, 09:03 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Kidney

Hi, You could have an infection, or Kidney stones. I would suggest seing an urologist asap. What with the holidays coming up you need to get going. There is nothing as bad as Christmas or New Years eve's at the ER. Stuff doesn't just go away. Take care and good luck, BOBB
Old 12-17-2003, 07:42 AM
SVX26517

Well I consulted a doctor. Since there were no other problems associated with a kidney infection, he said pains in the kidney like that are usually caused by fatigue. he said if i dont take it easy for the next few days, it might turn into one. So he gave me some pain killers and a trip to the ciropractor. Woo hoo
Old 12-17-2003, 08:00 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to svxqueen
Quote:
Originally posted by SVX26517
Well I consulted a doctor. Since there were no other problems associated with a kidney infection, he said pains in the kidney like that are usually caused by fatigue. he said if i dont take it easy for the next few days, it might turn into one. So he gave me some pain killers and a trip to the ciropractor. Woo hoo
I'd visit another doctor. This one doesn't seem all that concerned about the kidney pain. I've had both a kidney infection and I have passed mulitiple kidney stones. You need antibotics to treat a kidney infection.
When I was in the ER for the kidney stones they did a sonagram and xrays to make sure the stones were small enough to pass.
You might want to get checked out just in case.
Drink alot of water!!!
Old 12-17-2003, 10:48 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
A friend of mine got kidney stones from drinking too much Coke. He doesn't drink soda of any kind any more.

'Nothing is worth that sort of pain.'

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 12-17-2003, 10:51 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Cranberry juice is only good for maintenance with a bladder infection. If it is your kidneys you are way beyond any point where cranberry juice might help. I certainly hope your doctor did a white-blood cell count from your urine to check for infection. If he is worth teh ink in his certification he did. It really sounds like you may have a raging infection. Not to be too personal but if your urine is cloudy (even a little) it is a definite sign of infection. You'd notice for sure if you were passing blood.

A screaming kidney is nature's way of saying "something is wrong here!". If your doctor chalks it off to "being fatigued" then I too would suggest you find yourself another doctor if only for a second opinion. An unattended kidney infection can lead to death if untreated.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 12-17-2003, 12:31 PM

usually any kidney stone would cause such horrible pain, you would not be able to function on almost any scale.

the reason that your urine would be cloudy is because of the amount of white blood cells (the ones that fight off infection) are trying to kill the infection at the sight. if it was a type of UTI (urinary tract infection) you would have the urge to go all the time and only have small amounts pass. you could also feel as if you drank 4 gallons of water. there are many signs and symptoms. cranberry juice helps because it prevents the bacteria from sticking to the walls of the insides of your urinary tract. it is something to help with the symptoms, not to cure the problem!

if you would like to pm me with more info, i and my tons of med books might help....

ps, there is a home UTI testing kit....it is like a pregnancy kit, but different.

good luck and feel better!

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 12-17-2003, 01:27 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
I don't mean to make light of a potentially dangerous situation, but...okay, I guess I do.

I just thouht I'd let everybody know that Johnny has come up with the name for my next album: 'Cloudy Urine.' It'll be a great followup to 'Afternoon Dan.'

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 12-17-2003, 02:25 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

yeah, dude. i hope you get well soon. get a second doctor's opinion. hopefully it is something small, but from some people i knew that had a kidney stone has compared the pain to childbearing. hope you never have to go from this but apparently lack of water in your system and high level of uric acid and something else in your blood (i forgot) can lead to kidney stones or so a doctor says. good luck man.
Old 12-17-2003, 04:10 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Don't be embarrassed. At least you didn't let us know that you woke up in the middle of your proctoscope exam . . . like SOME people. MEOW!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 12-18-2003, 08:34 PM
SVX26517

whoa, too much information, lol. Thanks guys for everything. I started drinking a half a gallon of water, and the other half a gallon of cranberry juice, which i didnt find too pleasant, because i just dont like it. I am feeling alot better, and i consulted that doctor again. He told me it was the start of it, and if i take it easy and drink my fluids i should feel better, and i do. Im going back in a week to another doctor to see how its going. Thanks guys
Old 12-18-2003, 11:25 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SVX26517
whoa, too much information, lol. Thanks guys for everything. I started drinking a half a gallon of water, and the other half a gallon of cranberry juice, which i didnt find too pleasant, because i just dont like it. I am feeling alot better, and i consulted that doctor again. He told me it was the start of it, and if i take it easy and drink my fluids i should feel better, and i do. Im going back in a week to another doctor to see how its going. Thanks guys

No, it wasn't me. It was a former member who shall remain nameless [eddycat]. I wouldn't wan't to [eddycat] embarass him [eddycat] by telling [eddycat] who it was that [eddycat] would share such [eddycat] information.
Subaru Ambassador

Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 12-19-2003, 09:48 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
So who was it Randy?
Old 12-20-2003, 12:57 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Earthworm
So who was it Randy?

I'm not tellin'.
Subaru Ambassador